The Problem With Government Unions, TSA Workers

Actually, the post started about the TSA and unions and the debate went in the direction of the pros and cons of unions....and THAT is what I was referring to.

Perhaps you decided to respond to a post without reading what that post was responding to?

I thought you were an experienced debater on here. I guess you are not. You see, Jillian, many debates on here start off one way and then trend in a slightly different direction. This is a classic example of this. There were solid arghuments as to why ynions were gfood and why they were bad for the TSA...so the debate tunred to the pros and cons for unions....not just for a union for the TSA.

Sorry. I did not realize you were an inexperienced debater.

I responded to the O/P. You chose to respond to me without observing what I responded to.

As for inexperience, not hardly. Nice non sequitur though. :thup:

typical... you were embarrassed so lash out. *shrug*
:lol: Maybe his brain is also old and tired and stumbling...

I have to give him props for acknowledging the misunderstanding. ;)

lol.. fair enough. it's all good.

I think the TSA employees should get the same pay scales and benefits as every other government employee. There isn't any reason to single them out other than that the TSA didn't exist pre-9/11 so DeMint is trying to keep them from being treated the same.

If all other government workers weren't treated differently, I might take a different position.

Also, it's not like DeMint's salary hasn't gone up since 1991.

I think we should get rid of most of the government slugs....

And give DeMint a HUGE raise...

you need to go back to your fetal position, in your bomb shelter, with your gun across your lap, whining eagle.

I think we should unionize lawyers like you and put them on a "living wage" payscale....:eusa_whistle:

Actually, the post started about the TSA and unions and the debate went in the direction of the pros and cons of unions....and THAT is what I was referring to.

Perhaps you decided to respond to a post without reading what that post was responding to?

I thought you were an experienced debater on here. I guess you are not. You see, Jillian, many debates on here start off one way and then trend in a slightly different direction. This is a classic example of this. There were solid arghuments as to why ynions were gfood and why they were bad for the TSA...so the debate tunred to the pros and cons for unions....not just for a union for the TSA.

Sorry. I did not realize you were an inexperienced debater.

I responded to the O/P. You chose to respond to me without observing what I responded to.

Maybe....

But at 51 years old I fear my screen name is giving off the false impression that I am....well.....old and tired.

I am not.

You dont HAVE to give me props....you OPTED to give me props.

Not all conservatives are bad evil greedy selfish people you know.

Just me and a few others.:eusa_whistle:

Some of my best family/friends are conservatives ;)

And yes, I opted to give you props... cause that's just how we libs are. :eusa_angel:

And yes, I opted to give you props... cause that's just how we libs are. :eusa_angel:

Then I must ask you....

If some of your BEST family and friends are conservatives, then why.........awww....never mind....it was too easy....and even easier for you to respond to.

Government unions are another arm of the Democrat Party. Employees can't strike in many cases, there is no need for a union. It is against the law for many of them to strike. So you create a union where Democrats can get rich off of employee wages, do little for the employees themselves, and use pension cash to fund Democrats no matter the issue.

There, I said it out loud. Let's discuss.

I have no idea why the media won't tell the story correctly.

How is it not being reported accurately?

You think its ok for workers not to get raises?

This is America.
If you do not like your raise....QUIT.
If everyone quits, the employer loses.
I just dont get it.

Yeah everybody should quit and then go pick another job from that job tree that they grow on, no need to worry about paying bills or buying food.

Toilet Paper Holder for Sale Cheap—Only $375.00!

The manager with Alyeska's field was forced to call in a carpenter to repair a toilet paper holder. The carpenter came in, dressed for work, of course."Hey Jim, I'd like you to go over and fix the toilet paper holder in B dorm." "Okay," said Jim and off he went. Forty-five minutes went by, and Jim, the carpenter, returned. "Hey," he said, "I can't do that job over there. That's a metal wall and it has to have a screw put in it. That's not a carpenter's job—you ought to know that. That's a metal worker's job. The union would not let me do that."

You notice that it had taken him 45 minutes to decide that, and he then came back to the office. Of course, we must allow the man to have time off for coffee and a cigarette. However, I did think 45 minutes was just a little long. "All right," said the manager, and he did the expected thing and called over a metal worker. In due time the metalworker arrived, and he in turn was told of the urgent need to repair the toilet paper holder on the metal wall in the dorm. Off went the metal worker, and about an hour later he came back. I was still there, for there were some matters that I needed to go over in detail with the manager. In walked the metal worker saying "Hey, I can't do this. This involves a screwdriver. That's a laborer's job, and I'm a metal worker. I just tie metal together. You can't expect me to do a laborer's work."

The manager was beginning to feel frustrated, though not all that much, for after all these things happen so often. "All right," he said, "I'll send for one of the laborers." And he did. A little while later a laborer came in, and the manager carefully explained to him what dormitory it was he was to go to. He was very particular, because he had the impression that the man might not be following him very closely. The laborer went off, apparently knowing what it was all about. It was probably 40 minutes later when the laborer came in with his story as to why he could not fix that toilet paper holder on that metal wall in B dorm. - "Hey, you can't expect me to do this. That screw you talked about—that's gotta go into some wood there—you know that as well as I do. That's a carpenter's job —I'd be on strike if I were to go against the union rules in a thing like this."

The manager this time really frustrated, "What do I do with that line up of men who are wanting to use the toilet paper?" In desperation the manager now called in the foreman of the metal workers, the foreman of the carpenters, and the foreman of the laborers, hoping to be able to figure out some way in which somebody, somewhere, somehow could fix that toilet paper holder onto the metal wall with the little bit of wood over in B dorm.

So, these foremen came in, each of them being paid about $25.00 an hour. The carpenter would have earned something like $15.00 an hour, the metal worker about the same, and the laborer a little less. So the foremen were called in. The doors were closed. Chairs were drawn up. They sat down to this very important conference. None dare interrupt. It was almost as though the blinds should be drawn in case anybody would happen to see over their shoulders as they seriously discussed regulations for putting toilet paper holders on walls—no, not just walls, metal walls with wood protruding.

At last an amicable arrangement was entered into. The decision was that the foremen would call up one man from each of their ranks, and those three men would go together to that metal wall with the wood protruding over in B dorm. There was no decision made as to who would actually lift the toilet paper container, but it was agreed that the three foremen themselves would be there to insure that nobody did anything that was against the union rules. So the procession went across to B dorm.

We were told later what happened. One man would pick up the screwdriver. The other would pick up the piece of wood. The other would hold the screw. Between them they eventually managed to get the toilet paper holder back onto that metal wall with the piece of wood protruding, without offending any union rules. The three officials were satisfied, the workmen were pleased with their noble day's work, and the line of men that had congregated at the other toilets was reduced as the word went around that the toilet in B dorm was again in working condition. :clap2:

Bull shit propaganda, you folks will believe anything.:lol::lol::lol:

Then I must ask you....

If some of your BEST family and friends are conservatives, then why.........awww....never mind....it was too easy....and even easier for you to respond to.

and others of my best family and friends are not conservatives. ;)

lol..

:beer:

Government unions should be illegal.

Unions are fine, some are actually run by folks who actually care about their union brothers.

You will never have government reform until you get rid of the government unions. Another corrupt arm of the Democrat Party.

Then I must ask you....

lol..

Me? I'm the only conservative in my family other than my wife. Sister....mother....father....brother....sisters in law....brothers in law......all liberals.

Interestingly, when times are tough, like now, I am the one they all turn to for fianancial help and business guidence. And yes, I give it to them with nothing but love.....but they are the first to criticize my "money" when times are good.

I find it humorous to say the least.

Then I must ask you....

lol..

Me? I'm the only conservative in my family other than my wife. Sister....mother....father....brother....sisters in law....brothers in law......all liberals.

Interestingly, when times are tough, like now, I am the one they all turn to for fianancial help and business guidence. And yes, I give it to them with nothing but love.....but they are the first to criticize my "money" when times are good.

Funny. Among my siblings and my husband's siblings about 30% are conservatives. Of the conservatives, one works for the government, one is a social worker and one got fired about six months ago and sits on his ass criticizing everyone.

:lol:

Then I must ask you....

lol..

In my family, we've all turned out ok. We've all run businesses. They vote their fiscal self-interest. I view things more globally... and don't want policies that destroy the middle class because I don't want to live in a banana republic. They think it's okay for Walmart to push down wages by forcing down the price of goods. I don't. I am ok with inheritance taxes after six million dollars. They aren't.

oh...and my father and brother kick my butt business-wise, but they can't write a memorandum of law and when they needed their contracts reviewed, they called me. ;)

I've always figured we need to balance all our views for things to be just right. But people have lost sight of that because of all the insane rhetoric.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back