The Problem With Government Unions, TSA Workers

Screw the unions - they should all be abolished. They cause more problems than they solve. "Dues" are more like "fees" that members must pay in order to have a job - no one should have to pay for the right to work and support themselves and their families. On top of that unions are just sleezy operations to begin with.

You get some lazy assed member smoking next to oxygen tanks and the company fires him and "Waaaa waaaa - they didn't give me any verbal warnings, waaa-waaa they didn't give me any written warnings ...." Hell, no - they fired your ass before you blew up everybody in the plant. Unions drive up costs to consumers - the companies have to get money from somewhere in order to support union demands. The unions have the NLRB on their side - companies have to pay lawyers out the wazoo to defend them against union bullshit. And on and on. When these unions go on strike, the company should dismiss every one of the strikers and replace them with new employees - because they can do that.

Thank God I always worked in right-to-work states or in jobs that were non-union.

As for the private sector being better at management, you're damned right. They have to account for their business decisions, finances, etc. The government has a bottomless pit of other people's money and doesn't have to account for a dime of it. If the government got rid of about 2/3 of it's employees and actually put the rest in a position of having to work it would be doing everybody a favor and saving a boat-load of wasted tax dollars.

Well, I don't know about 2/3 of government employees being fired, but I'd support the abolishment of the TVA and firing all who are employed by the Federal Governement in Tennessee. We'll make Tennessee the test case. Unions and collective bargining are outlawed, professional organizations too. Let the buyer beware will rule, and if the doctror you go to happens to have flunked out of high school, well, it's up to you to check him out. Think of how cheap meat will be, no damn 'gubmint' employees inspecting - and all those damn horses too old to race or work can end up on your dinner table. Agree Granny?

Forum List

Back