F.E.R.S The Federal Pension Plan should be discontinued.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Private companies have all abandoned pension plans, there is no reason to continue offering the massive taxpayer funded FERS plan for new government employees. What do you think? Obviously the program should be honored for those already drawing benefits, but it should be stopped for new employees.

I disagree, The retirement package is one of the few perks that the federal government offers.
I was blessed with a CSRS retirement package
Well, before the "work from home" fiasco that took place during the leftyvirus...."working" from the beach is indeed a perk.....

I disagree, The retirement package is one of the few perks that the federal government offers.
True, a defined benefit pension plan is a blessing.
The problem is no employers can afford them any more.
New employees are given 401k retirement accounts.
The employer makes contributions, then when you retire you manage your 401kn thru a financial manager.

Count your blessings, but we need to end that federal pension plan.

Pensions are great to have, but taxpayer funded pensions to an ever expanding Federal government is a disaster for future generations.

Private companies have all abandoned pension plans, there is no reason to continue offering the massive taxpayer funded FERS plan for new government employees. What do you think? Obviously the program should be honored for those already drawing benefits, but it should be stopped for new employees.

I'm fine with it.

I will be enjoying my pension.

Forum List

Back