The Problem With Government Unions, TSA Workers

Titanic Sailor

Aug 31, 2009
Government unions are another arm of the Democrat Party. Employees can't strike in many cases, there is no need for a union. It is against the law for many of them to strike. So you create a union where Democrats can get rich off of employee wages, do little for the employees themselves, and use pension cash to fund Democrats no matter the issue.

There, I said it out loud. Let's discuss.

I have no idea why the media won't tell the story correctly.

Personally, i think all and I do mean all government security should be carried out by the military.

The TSA, border patrol etc should all be absorbed into the military and if the Union hacks of the TSA don't like it, they can quit.

We should protect our borders;air land and sea, with diligence and zeal so as to deter our enemies.

Personally, i think all and I do mean all government security should be carried out by the military.

The TSA, border patrol etc should all be absorbed into the military and if the Union hacks of the TSA don't like it, they can quit.

We should protect our borders;air land and sea, with diligence and zeal so as to deter our enemies.
:disagree:
How about court system? That is apart of our security. Should we push all court cases under military jurisdiction as well?

How about court system? That is apart of our security. Should we push all court cases under military jurisdiction as well?

A good police state is efficient ;)

The court system adjudicates... it is not like it is part of security enforcement... just as the court is not part of the police department

Not saying that I think the military should have all parts of security, though it is an interesting thought

The court system unfortunately is a Democrat hack clown show from top to bottom. Very few conservative independents in the system, never mind working as a public employee. It's is hack central.

I know, can't explain, but hear it every night when she gets home...............;)

When it comes to the protection of our borders air land and sea, the government is in charge.

Any and all security regarding those areas should be under military control. Anyone violating security protocols in those venues should be tried in a military court.

I agree, and if that means mandatory service for all citizens then we need to do it.

I thought Obama proposed a nation wide civil defense force?

Oh, but that wouldn't be a police state, right libs????

We have to remove government unions. Period. The Teachers Union is a terrorist organization.

It should be illegal to have a government union of any kind.

It is needed for government reform. Period.

A good police state is efficient ;)

How is placing the best agency for the job in charge of protecting our borders equated with a police state?

I agree, and if that means mandatory service for all citizens then we need to do it.

Yeah I started a thread on that a few days ago. It will solve our employment and security issues in one fell swoop.

Just pay everyone to watch everyone else.

I mean the media isn't telling you the truth, again.

The truth is exactly as I described.

If you disagree, let's hear it.

The military and our govt employees seem to have union grade benefits.

Our govt seems to be functionally 2 different unions. Rebutlickens and demoncrats.

Government unions are another arm of the Democrat Party. Employees can't strike in many cases, there is no need for a union. It is against the law for many of them to strike. So you create a union where Democrats can get rich off of employee wages, do little for the employees themselves, and use pension cash to fund Democrats no matter the issue.

There is absolutely NO logical basis for any union for gubmint employees, since there is no product hence no profits to be shared.

Unions like AFSCME, NEA and AFT should be abolished altogether.

There is absolutely NO logical basis for any union for gubmint employees, since there is no product hence no profits to be shared.

Unions like AFSCME, NEA and AFT should be abolished altogether.

Lives saved? Education provided, etc are not products?
Yep lets pick on those firefighters and police officers that gave their lives during 911 in an effort to save others.
Yep no product at all.

-CITE-
5 USC Sec. 7311 01/05/2009

-EXPCITE-
TITLE 5 - GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION AND EMPLOYEES
PART III - EMPLOYEES
Subpart F - Labor-Management and Employee Relations
CHAPTER 73 - SUITABILITY, SECURITY, AND CONDUCT
SUBCHAPTER II - EMPLOYMENT LIMITATIONS

-HEAD-
Sec. 7311. Loyalty and striking

-STATUTE-
An individual may not accept or hold a position in the Government
of the United States or the government of the District of Columbia
if he -
(1) advocates the overthrow of our constitutional form of
government;
(2) is a member of an organization that he knows advocates the
overthrow of our constitutional form of government;
(3) participates in a strike, or asserts the right to strike,
against the Government of the United States or the government of
the District of Columbia; or
(4) is a member of an organization of employees of the
Government of the United States or of individuals employed by the
government of the District of Columbia that he knows asserts the
right to strike against the Government of the United States or
the government of the District of Columbia.

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/05C73.txt

There is little reason other than to collect due's from Federal workers for a union of TSA workers. Once can even assert that to bargin on behalf of these workers with the Govt. is also a violation because there is an implied threat of action that these employee's are not allowed to participate in as Federal employee's. So that leads us back to the collection of dues to advance a goal and nothing else. SEIU would do much better to attempt to unionize all the Wal-Mart stores nationwide because at least if they strike they won't be breaking the law.

Forum List

Back