The ONE WORD...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
... that ALL PUNDITS, COMMENTATORS, ANALYSTS, REPORTERS, POLITICIANS, and all talking heads on TV in general say...

... "LOOK."

They all say it, and I haven't figured out why yet. If you're "talking" to someone and wanted them to "listen" when you made a point, wouldn't you say "LISTEN" instead of "look?" What are they imploring you to "LOOK" at something for when the point is supposed to be they want you to "LISTEN?" But what is more disturbing is the fact that THEY ALL DO IT! That brings up an important point. If all these politicians, pundits, commentators, analysts, and reporters, the talking heads, if they all say the SAME THING, then doesn't that imply that they all think alike? They talk alike, then aren't they thinking alike? What is this monkey see, monkey do? They all seem to be cut from the same mold, went to the same school, grew up together. I think it's a real good example of how close knit this good ole boys club is. So close knit that they pick up each others mannerisms.

It's almost as annoying as people that say "anT" instead of "and."

Last edited:
... that ALL PUNDITS, COMMENTATORS, ANALYSTS, REPORTERS, POLITICIANS, and all talking heads on TV in general say...

... "LOOK."

They all say it, and I haven't figured out why yet. If you're "talking" to someone and wanted them to "listen" when you made a point, wouldn't you say "LISTEN" instead of "look?" What are they imploring you to "LOOK" at something for when the point is supposed to be they want you to "LISTEN?" But what is more disturbing is the fact that THEY ALL DO IT! That brings up an important point. If all these politicians, pundits, commentators, analysts, and reporters, the talking heads, if they all say the SAME THING, then doesn't that imply that they all think alike? They talk alike, then aren't they thinking alike? What is this monkey see, monkey do? They all seem to be cut from the same mold, went to the same school, grew up together. I think it's a real good example of how close knit this good ole boys club is. So close knit that they pick up each others mannerisms.

The fact that you are disturbed by this is disturbing.

Perhaps if you had a basic grasp of the English language you wouldn't get so bent out of shape.

Buy a dictionary and quit whining.

I've ran into a lot of people that say a really drawn out ayyuuuund instead of and. That irritates the piss outta me. And white people that talk white until they get around black people. All of a sudden they become more ghetto than the blacks. Fucking irritating shit!

Perhaps if you had a basic grasp of the English language you wouldn't get so bent out of shape.

Buy a dictionary and quit whining.

How's this for a grasp of English... SUCK MY COCK BITCH, AND SHUT THE FUCK UP.

... "LOOK."

I'm disturbed that you find I find it disturbing.

Last edited:
I've ran into a lot of people that say a really drawn out ayyuuuund instead of and. That irritates the piss outta me. And white people that talk white until they get around black people. All of a sudden they become more ghetto than the blacks. Fucking irritating shit!

AAAaah yes, the "ebonics" inflection. Kind of like obama does. Harry Reid said so.

What about black people that talk white until they get around black people?

I've heard da blakes that sound kinda whitish I guess and sound more black when they drink booze. Never really ran into what you describe. Got any stories? :)

I've heard da blakes that sound kinda whitish I guess and sound more black when they drink booze. Never really ran into what you describe. Got any stories? :)

Did they say "look" when they wanted you "listen" too? ... :eusa_eh:

The one word all Washington insiders have in common... "look."

Next time you listen to the news, just "listen." You'll hear them all say it.

Last edited:

... "LOOK."

I'm disturbed that you find I find it disturbing.

Look, Pale...I'm only stating a fact.

(And in this case, LOOK is the appropriate thing to say, since I am axing you to read something.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUS6nKpddec]YouTube - Reporter turns ghetto in 3 seconds[/ame]

... "LOOK."

It's a placeholder, Pale. It's used the way kids use "like".

Look, the reason Obama spoke today was to announce Annual Flower Safety Week.

Like, the reason.......blah blah blah.

It can be annoying if overused. Personally, I cannot abide "however", which gets abused as a placeholder. "However" means "despite the general rule, there is one or more specific exceptions which will be referred to here" but very few people on television still use it that-a-way.

Obama spoke today, however, to announce Annual Flower Safety Week.

Such speech patterns grind my gears too.

Last edited:

... "LOOK."

I think it was Karl Rove who started it. I used to hear him say it and wonder why he started every statement out with "look." Weeks later I noticed one guest after another began using it and now it seems they all are....:lol:

... "LOOK."

I am just disturbed, and love it.

Forum List

Back