Do You Use iTunes?

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Saw this and thought I'd pass it along.

Got iTunes? Be careful, you might get iScammed too.

A new cyberscam has been targeting the tens of millions of users of Apple's iTunes music service, as crooks phish for confidential bank information.

According to security analysis firm PandaLabs, a cleverly crafted e-mail is landing in e-mail in-boxes, informing people that they have made an expensive purchase on iTunes. The concerned user quickly tries to resolve the problem by clicking on a link in the e-mail -- which is always a mistake, though an easy one to make.

After clicking the link the user is asked to download a fake PDF reader, which redirects the user to infected Web pages (mostly Russian) containing Trojans among other malware that steal the user's personal details.

New Phishing Attack Targets Apple iTunes, Security Firm Says - FoxNews.com

I don't use any of that online download stuff. It's all MP3, and to an audiophile, that's second rate music. I either buy DVD Audio, SACD's or a regular CD, and play it on the blu-ray. If I want to put it on a mobile device, I upload it into WMP using the "loseless" format, and then download it onto the device.

Saw this and thought I'd pass it along.

Got iTunes? Be careful, you might get iScammed too.

A new cyberscam has been targeting the tens of millions of users of Apple's iTunes music service, as crooks phish for confidential bank information.

According to security analysis firm PandaLabs, a cleverly crafted e-mail is landing in e-mail in-boxes, informing people that they have made an expensive purchase on iTunes. The concerned user quickly tries to resolve the problem by clicking on a link in the e-mail -- which is always a mistake, though an easy one to make.

After clicking the link the user is asked to download a fake PDF reader, which redirects the user to infected Web pages (mostly Russian) containing Trojans among other malware that steal the user's personal details.

New Phishing Attack Targets Apple iTunes, Security Firm Says - FoxNews.com

I download via Windows Media Player, but will keep an eye open for tricks you have mentioned, Zoom-boing. Thank you for the good service of the heads up. :)

I don't use any of that online download stuff. It's all MP3, and to an audiophile, that's second rate music. I either buy DVD Audio, SACD's or a regular CD, and play it on the blu-ray. If I want to put it on a mobile device, I upload it into WMP using the "loseless" format, and then download it onto the device.

Wut??? lol

Forum List

Back