The most realistic GOP Presidential nominee is...

Unless their are some skeletons in Kasich's closet, he has the potential for both independent and conservative Democrat support. He seems to be a pragmatist that can survive in the center.

Oh, he'd do well in the general election. His only blind spot is foreign policy experience.

His challenge would be surviving the GOP primary. As that's a mother fucking political blender.
That is the main problem. Typically, pragmatism is a huge negative in the primaries. Then again, the last cycle elected the originator of Obamacare when that was the GOP's main sticking point.

It is why I think Jeb has a real chance at sinking the election - the right will place him there because he is 'electable' and then find out he is anything but.

... who? It looks like we're going to have Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Rand Paul, Scott Walker, Rafael Eduardo Cruz, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, Rick Perry, Rick "Urban Dictionary" Santorum, Bobby Jindal, Marco Rubio, and John Kasich.

If we eliminate the ones too crazy to have a chance in the general election we're left with:
Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Scott Walker, Bobby Jindal, and Marco Rubio.

Bush - I don't think America has the stomach for another Bush disaster so he would be an unsuccessful nominee.

Christie - The right has completely turned on him because of hurricane Sandy. I don't think he'll make it out of the primaries.

Bobby Jindal - Doesn't really have the star power. He's faded away the last few years.

Marco Rubio - the butt of everyone's jokes a couple years ago... can he make a comeback? I don't think so.

Which brings us to...

Scott Walker - I think this will be the GOP nominee. He appeals to the base and the mainstream, and he hasn't said or done anything overly terrible. Of course we'll see if that continues once the mic is in his hands all the time. He does come with the negatives that he dropped out of college to become a career politician, and has not held a job outside of political office since age 23. But he has done an overall good job managing his state. This is a guy who may be able to win over independents.

If we look at the polls Walker and Bush are neck and neck. I think walker will pull ahead.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

So what do you think? Decent assessment?
Decent assessment, but Walker is too far to the right – the Christian fundamentalism, the hostility toward working Americans, women, and gay Americans won't garner him the votes needed from weak democrats and moderate independents to win the WH.
Who do you think will actually be nominated then? I still think Walker.

I think it will be Jeb, especially if Hillary is the Dem.

I think he will beat her too.
And there are a lot on the right that seem to agree. I think that is the largest misstep that the GOP can possibly take - Bush has zero chance to win the main. We shall see.

Forum List

Back