Joseph Lieberman, senator and vice presidential nominee, dies at 82

Former Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman, who served in the Senate for more than two decades and was the Democratic vice presidential nominee in 2000, has died. He was 82.

The former U.S. senator's family said he died in New York City due to complications from a fall Wednesday afternoon.

"His beloved wife, Hadassah, and members of his family were with him as he passed. Senator Lieberman's love of God, his family, and America endured throughout his life of service in the public interest," his family said in a statement.

Damn, I thought he was that old when he ran for VP.

RIP.....He was pretty much a straight shooter for a dem.

What little I had heard of him over the last ten years was him reflecting on how the leftist dems have gone batshit crazy.
Yes. I got the notice on my newsfeed on my telephone. Lieberman indeed was one of the last of the old blue dog Democrats when the party still had some conscience and sense of propriety and patriotism.

Keep your fingers crossed that Joe will fall and not get up.

I liked this guy well enough. Sorry to see him go. Hope he kept the Covenant. Might meet him on the other side.

Had McCain picked him as his running mate he would’ve probably won and the country would be better off

I don't think there's much question that he would have been a superior choice, but I really doubt enough people vote for a candidate on the basis of the running mate to sway a single state's electors let alone an entire election.

RIP, Sen. Lieberman. Thank you for your service to your country. I extend my condolences to his family and other loved ones.

The former U.S. senator's family said he died in New York City due to complications from a fall Wednesday afternoon.
Please help your older family members and friends to avoid falls.

Install grab bars in the bathroom.

Install handrails throughout the home.

Please help your older family members and friends to avoid falls.

Install grab bars in the bathroom.

Install handrails throughout the home.
A fall can spell the end for the elderly. Sometimes it happens quickly, as in Lieberman’s case, or slowly, such as when an older person ends up in a wheelchair and declines from lack of (even modest exercise such as) walking.

My father, my grandmother, and my great-grandmother (never knew her) all passed away within a year after a serious fall. My great-grandmother was only 72.

Forum List

Back