The most realistic GOP Presidential nominee is...

Sheer intimidation factor of Christie in a room with Iranian head of state is preferable to Clinton. Big Sopranos guy from Jersey, or a woman named Hillary. :)

Yeah but which of the other candidates could possibly win?

Kasich. Ohio with all it's electoral votes, Kasich is a pragmatic politician, Ohio has recovered pretty well and Kasich has both state and national experience. He is worth a closer look. Better than Hillary.

... who? It looks like we're going to have Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Rand Paul, Scott Walker, Rafael Eduardo Cruz, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, Rick Perry, Rick "Urban Dictionary" Santorum, Bobby Jindal, Marco Rubio, and John Kasich.

If we eliminate the ones too crazy to have a chance in the general election we're left with:
Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Scott Walker, Bobby Jindal, and Marco Rubio.

Bush - I don't think America has the stomach for another Bush disaster so he would be an unsuccessful nominee.

Christie - The right has completely turned on him because of hurricane Sandy. I don't think he'll make it out of the primaries.

Bobby Jindal - Doesn't really have the star power. He's faded away the last few years.

Marco Rubio - the butt of everyone's jokes a couple years ago... can he make a comeback? I don't think so.

Which brings us to...

Scott Walker - I think this will be the GOP nominee. He appeals to the base and the mainstream, and he hasn't said or done anything overly terrible. Of course we'll see if that continues once the mic is in his hands all the time. He does come with the negatives that he dropped out of college to become a career politician, and has not held a job outside of political office since age 23. But he has done an overall good job managing his state. This is a guy who may be able to win over independents.

If we look at the polls Walker and Bush are neck and neck. I think walker will pull ahead.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

So what do you think? Decent assessment?

Bush will be stronger than you give him credit for. And Walker is a much more inept speaker than you realize.

Also, don't count out Kasich. He's much more moderate, a brilliant speaker, has loads more experience, and doesn't come with all of Walkers anti-union baggage. Plus, Kasich will almost certainly carry Ohio, a state that Republicans desperately need and is in close contention.

While its unclear if Walker will carry Wisconsin...which has a strong history of voting democrat.

... who? It looks like we're going to have Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Rand Paul, Scott Walker, Rafael Eduardo Cruz, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, Rick Perry, Rick "Urban Dictionary" Santorum, Bobby Jindal, Marco Rubio, and John Kasich.

If we eliminate the ones too crazy to have a chance in the general election we're left with:

Bush - I don't think America has the stomach for another Bush disaster so he would be an unsuccessful nominee.

Christie - The right has completely turned on him because of hurricane Sandy. I don't think he'll make it out of the primaries.

Bobby Jindal - Doesn't really have the star power. He's faded away the last few years.

Marco Rubio - the butt of everyone's jokes a couple years ago... can he make a comeback? I don't think so.

Which brings us to...

Scott Walker - I think this will be the GOP nominee. He appeals to the base and the mainstream, and he hasn't said or done anything overly terrible. Of course we'll see if that continues once the mic is in his hands all the time. He does come with the negatives that he dropped out of college to become a career politician, and has not held a job outside of political office since age 23. But he has done an overall good job managing his state. This is a guy who may be able to win over independents.

If we look at the polls Walker and Bush are neck and neck. I think walker will pull ahead.

Bush will be stronger than you give him credit for. And Walker is a much more inept speaker than you realize.

Also, don't count out Kasich. He's much more moderate, a brilliant speaker, has loads more experience, and doesn't come with all of Walkers anti-union baggage. Plus, Kasich will almost certainly carry Ohio, a state that Republicans desperately need and is in close contention.

While its unclear if Walker will carry Wisconsin...which has a strong history of voting democrat.
So you're suggesting Kasich and Bush may be the most likely nominees? I'll have to look into Kasich.

Kasich. Ohio with all it's electoral votes, Kasich is a pragmatic politician, Ohio has recovered pretty well and Kasich has both state and national experience. He is worth a closer look. Better than Hillary.
I'll look into him.

An excellent description. Kasich isn't so much moderate....he's pragmatic. Plus, he's got huge experience with Congress, having served in the House for 18 years and as governor for 4.

The guy is about as well prepared to be president as its possible to be outside of the oval office itself.

Unless their are some skeletons in Kasich's closet, he has the potential for both independent and conservative Democrat support. He seems to be a pragmatist that can survive in the center.

Unless their are some skeletons in Kasich's closet, he has the potential for both independent and conservative Democrat support. He seems to be a pragmatist that can survive in the center.

Oh, he'd do well in the general election. His only blind spot is foreign policy experience.

His challenge would be surviving the GOP primary. As that's a mother fucking political blender.

Oh, he'd do well in the general election. His only blind spot is foreign policy experience.

His challenge would be surviving the GOP primary. As that's a mother fucking political blender.
He can use that to his advantage for the first year. Hopefully he would be a quick learner. Until he gets it figured out he can play crazy unpredictable potential nightmare dude and keep our opponents on the edge of their seats.

It's up to the GOP, but whomever it is, you can rest assured that supporters of the losers will blame Democrats rather than their own party. And if their choice loses the Presidential election, they'll go on and on again about him not being a "real" Conservative.

Which brings us to...

Bobby Jindlal is a fuckin' joke.

Most likely, he and Vitter swap jobs.

Which brings us to...

Decent assessment, but Walker is too far to the right – the Christian fundamentalism, the hostility toward working Americans, women, and gay Americans won't garner him the votes needed from weak democrats and moderate independents to win the WH.
Who do you think will actually be nominated then? I still think Walker.

I think it will be Jeb, especially if Hillary is the Dem.

I think he will beat her too.

Walker does appeal to the hard right and the corporate elites. As far as Wisconsin goes and being a lifelong resident of the state, I can say he has done a good job of cutting education and while most people got a tax break of about $5, then will be forced to give that back and then some as many districts are looking at referendums to simply stay afloat. He definitely isn't out to help the average working person and the state is lagging in job creation compared to others. But the tax breaks given to corporate heads are loved by them.
The Kochs like him, and they've pledged close to a billion I think

Which brings us to...

I agree with you. Bush can hang with Walker as long as the field is large and the conservative votes are split multiple ways. Id like to see one on one polling as to the GOP nomination. I anticipate that Walker would be way ahead of him

You are probably right he strikes a balance between the moderates and american taliban fuckers. Not a chance in hell I would vote for him though. He is against workers rights and that's enough for me to never vote for him

Forum List

Back