Joseph Lieberman, senator and vice presidential nominee, dies at 82

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Former Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman, who served in the Senate for more than two decades and was the Democratic vice presidential nominee in 2000, has died. He was 82.

The former U.S. senator's family said he died in New York City due to complications from a fall Wednesday afternoon.

"His beloved wife, Hadassah, and members of his family were with him as he passed. Senator Lieberman's love of God, his family, and America endured throughout his life of service in the public interest," his family said in a statement.

Damn, I thought he was that old when he ran for VP.

RIP.....He was pretty much a straight shooter for a dem.

What little I had heard of him over the last ten years was him reflecting on how the leftist dems have gone batshit crazy.

GJtRc5iWkAEbNKd

I was not a supporter of Sen. Lieberman and didn’t care for some of his political positions.

Be that as it may RIP and condolences to his family.

God Bless Joe Lieberman. While he was someone I disagree with on multiple issues, I truly believe he was a good man and wish he was still here. Unlike today's democrats, Joe was not afraid to be critical of his party. Today's democrats are all the same and think the same - there is zero diversity of thought in today's democrat party - just hate and intolerance. It is a dirty shame today's democrats are in the mold of Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, etc. Too bad today's democrats don't try to emulate a good man like Joe Lieberman.

Had McCain picked him as his running mate he would’ve probably won and the country would be better off

Former Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman, who served in the Senate for more than two decades and was the Democratic vice presidential nominee in 2000, has died. He was 82.

The former U.S. senator's family said he died in New York City due to complications from a fall Wednesday afternoon.

"His beloved wife, Hadassah, and members of his family were with him as he passed. Senator Lieberman's love of God, his family, and America endured throughout his life of service in the public interest," his family said in a statement.

What little I had heard of him over the last ten years was him reflecting on how the leftist dems have gone batshit crazy.
I always enjoyed seeing his pleasant face and felt he was a thoughtful and honest politician. He seemed kind, with integrity and good character. RIP!

Did not agree with a majority of the time, but unlike 90 percent of the todays dems, I did respect him.

Before everybody gets in here and says what a great guy he was I want to remind everyone that Joe Lieberman single-handedly killed the medicare buy in for Obamacare and thus is still costing each and everyone of us extra money every time we pay our insurance premium. Padding his own and the corporate pocket at our expense,

Forum List

Back