The media needs to stop lying about Trump

I only trust Fox News.

:bow3:

:lmao:

From Salon, which you actually trust.

"It’s time to start cleaning up the mess of misinterpretations about Donald Trump.

Back in June, I first saw Mr. Trump announcing his candidacy for president. What he said about unauthorized immigrants seemed ridiculous so I laughed. I showed the video to friends, and I laughed again. His words were poorly chosen.

But something worse happened. People interpreted Trump’s words in the most awful and offensive ways.

In one of my courses, at the University of Texas at Austin, I asked my students: “What has Donald Trump said that you found most offensive?” One student raised her hand high: “He said that all Mexicans are rapists.” I asked a coworker the same question. He replied: “He said that all Mexican immigrants are rapists.”

I explained that Trump said no such thing. This is what Trump said:

“When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. […] When Mexico sends its people they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you; they’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting.” "

Do you support the media lying to US about what our presidential candidates actually say?

already read that.

I consider the media an entertainment source, nothing more, nothing less.

ergo, I could care less about a salon article.

Trump HAS lied, and he will lie again.

end of story

The topic here is the actions of the Media. If you don't care about the media, then what are you doing in this thread?

it's a public board I can be on any thread I want.

I didn't say you COULDN'T, I asked why you would be on this thread as the topic is something you don't care about.

WHy fill the pages with off topic blather that does nothing but make it harder for those who do care to discuss the topic?

SO, why are you here if you don't care?

Trump is a narcissistic, arrogant, egomaniac that has the GOP by the shorthairs. And I laugh and I laugh and.....:woohoo:

Trump is an outsider who has the GOP establishment by the short hairs.

The base is loving him.

You keep laughing.

You call the nutjobs in the Trump crowd the "base?"

So it is not the base that is having the closed door meetings tring to figure out how to stop him? Who is holding the meetings?

The "base" by definition is too many people to be in a closed door meeting. Dumb ass.

It is the GOP Establishment that is having those meetings. They don't want an outsider coming in and upsetting their nice cozy set up.
The GOP base is xenophobic bible thumpers with no knowledge of economic issues. They are extreme populists, and it is easy to understand why they are Trump fans.

The media seems to think it has to or should lie to the American people about what Trump says. Do you support that?
Which media? The media Trump followers love, lie about Obama all the time. Crocodile tears unworthy of the followers of someone who claims not to care what others think, IMO.

Seven person control most US media.

Gerald Levin, CEO and Director of AOL Time Warner

Michael Eisner, Chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Company

Edgar Bronfman, Sr., Chairman of Seagram Company Ltd

Edgar Bronfman, Jr, President and CEO of Seagram Company Ltd and head of Universal Studios

Sumner Redstone, Chairman and CEO of Viacom, Inc

Dennis Dammerman, Vice Chairman of General Electric

Peter Chernin, President and Co-COO of News Corporation Limited
They are against Christians, Conservatives, Whites, Freedom, Constitution,Traditional Values etc.

Trump is their worst enemy and they will fight against him ever.
Mainstream Medias only repeat their mind.

Edgar Bronfman, Jr, President and CEO of Seagram Company Ltd and head of Universal Studios

They are against Christians, Conservatives, Whites, Freedom, Constitution,Traditional Values etc.

FOX?

FOX?

A Liberal Rupert Murdoch

FOX?

A Liberal Rupert Murdoch

His tree hugging son has not taken over yet. FOX is not liberal, yet.

FOX?

A Liberal Rupert Murdoch

For me FOX is too liberal.

FOX?

A Liberal Rupert Murdoch

So what do you watch? NaziCentral?

FOX?

A Liberal Rupert Murdoch

Are patriots for you Nazis?

A Liberal Rupert Murdoch

Are patriots for you Nazis?

I am genuinely curious. You don't like FOX. I am sure all the other media sites are too "Liberal" for you. How do you get the news?

From that Right Wing Rag, Salon of all places. An odd burst of, I don't want to call it journalistic Integrity...

How about Less Hypocrisy?

The media needs to stop telling this lie about Donald Trump. I’m a Sanders supporter — and value honesty

It’s time to start cleaning up the mess of misinterpretations about Donald Trump.

Back in June, I first saw Mr. Trump announcing his candidacy for president. What he said about unauthorized immigrants seemed ridiculous so I laughed. I showed the video to friends, and I laughed again. His words were poorly chosen.

But something worse happened. People interpreted Trump’s words in the most awful and offensive ways.

In one of my courses, at the University of Texas at Austin, I asked my students: “What has Donald Trump said that you found most offensive?” One student raised her hand high: “He said that all Mexicans are rapists.” I asked a coworker the same question. He replied: “He said that all Mexican immigrants are rapists.”

I explained that Trump said no such thing. This is what Trump said:

“When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. […] When Mexico sends its people they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you; they’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting.”

Similarly, other news sources misrepresented his words in offensive ways:

The New York Times: “Trump’s claim that illegal Mexican immigrants are ‘rapists.”

Time Magazine: “Trump’s comment that Mexican immigrants are ‘rapists.’”

Associated Press: “Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals”

CBS News: “Trump defends calling Mexican immigrants ‘rapists.’”

L.A. Times: “describing Mexican immigrants as ‘rapists.’”

Fortune: “in a speech branding Mexican immigrants as criminals and rapists.”

Hollywood Reporter: “he referred to Mexican immigrants as ‘rapists.’”

Huffington Post: “He called Latino immigrants ‘criminals’ and ‘rapists.’”

The Washington Post: “He referred to Mexicans as “rapists.”

In Texas, roughly 529 foreigners per year were accused of committing murder. Plus, the FBI reports that 36% of homicides nationwide remain unsolved.

These crime rates are staggering and offensive. None of the women and men who were killed in by unauthorized immigrants in Texas would have died if the murderers had not entered the U.S. illegally.

These are not just words. Pause for a moment to think about a Texas woman whose husband was murdered one night. Think about parents who never saw their son again because he was murdered. Think of the thousands of families standing at the cemeteries.

I guess even a lib can stumble over the truth once and a while. Maybe he was in the midst of a bad trip?
The more troubling thing to me is the notion that there are still people who automatically believe what the media tells them.

I just flipped thru the thread .

Not one example of these so called "lies" about trump .

"The media needs to stop lying about Trump"

There is no 'the media,' they don't exist as a single entity pursuing a single agenda or goal, the notion is paranoid, delusional nonsense.

As for Trump, his ignorance, bigotry, hate, and stupidity are all documented by Trump himself, in his own words, for anyone to hear for himself, independent of 'the media.'

Trump is a narcissistic, arrogant, egomaniac that has the GOP by the shorthairs. And I laugh and I laugh and.....:woohoo:

Trump is an outsider who has the GOP establishment by the short hairs.

The base is loving him.

You keep laughing.

You call the nutjobs in the Trump crowd the "base?"

So it is not the base that is having the closed door meetings tring to figure out how to stop him? Who is holding the meetings?

The "base" by definition is too many people to be in a closed door meeting. Dumb ass.

It is the GOP Establishment that is having those meetings. They don't want an outsider coming in and upsetting their nice cozy set up.
The GOP base is xenophobic bible thumpers with no knowledge of economic issues. They are extreme populists, and it is easy to understand why they are Trump fans.

Would you like to hear my opinion of people I don't like?

THat's feeling you just felt? THat is how much you just bored everyone who read your post.

Forum List

Back