The left "claims" to believe in redemption for past mistakes except for Newts case

Common criminals (much like I was) get second chances at redeeming themselves. Celebritys go through dozens of spouses and affairs yet the moment they speak ill of the GOP they are hoisted onto a pedestal. Clinton was forgiven before the truth was even known. Chances are many of you have had affairs or at the very least an ugly relationship that may have ended in divorce.

Why is it all those people are quickly forgiven yet Newt is held back? Yes he went after Clinton for lying but that's the game you play when you lie to congress.

I suspect there are only 2 real reasons and you won't admit either.

1. A chance for payback because of number 2.
2. He's a republican

If you ran for President, your mistakes are highlighted because the job is supposed to be about character. You don't worry so much about the character of your plumber, the Dell help desk, or the guy who bags your groceries. Context dude.:cuckoo:

Common criminals (much like I was) get second chances at redeeming themselves. Celebritys go through dozens of spouses and affairs yet the moment they speak ill of the GOP they are hoisted onto a pedestal. Clinton was forgiven before the truth was even known. Chances are many of you have had affairs or at the very least an ugly relationship that may have ended in divorce.

Why is it all those people are quickly forgiven yet Newt is held back? Yes he went after Clinton for lying but that's the game you play when you lie to congress.

2. He's a republican

clinton may have been forgiven, but there was no way he would ever hold public office again......

celbrities and private people are not held to the same standard as those in public office.......

sure newt may be forgiven, but he will not hold public office again, ust like clinton and the celebrities......

NOPE--if this country can elect a President who sat for 20 years in the pews of Rev. Wrights--racist--separatist church--with him screaming G.D. America--they would be more than willing to forgive and forget a personal 17 year old extra martial affair Newt Gingrich was involved in.

2. He's a republican

Let me get this straight. You think the 'left' is hypocritical because they won't support Gingrich because he's an adulterer?

Did it ever occur to you that the 'left' might not support Gingrich because he's a conservative Republican??

Maybe you should have thought that one through a bit.

Yeah, you need to get it straight because I never mentioned the left should support Cain.

How about Cain and Newt get treated by the left exactly the way Clinton got treated by the right,

that's about as fair as fair could be, isn't it?

The whole problem with Newt is this... You have to forgive him for a bunch of shit you don't like... Some like Gramps will just give in, most will hold some kind of resentment and many simply won't show up to vote for him.

Newt is a divider, just like Bush and Obama. America does not need a Democrat hatin Republican in office, just like most people don't like that Obama is a Republican hatin divider.

In the end it comes down to how much people want to forget about newts horrid past and even more than that how much will people go along with many of Newts new (flip flopping) policy positions.

I’m not saying Newt can’t win the nomination, I’m saying once he does Newts past will be in your face 24/7 and suddenly 10-15 years ago of bad decisions seem like yesterday… Obama will have a billion dollars to remind you of that.

Avory, it's disingenuous at best for you to suggest that Obama is a Republican hating President. You must be really off your rockers if you truly believe that claptrap.

Let me get this straight. You think the 'left' is hypocritical because they won't support Gingrich because he's an adulterer?

Did it ever occur to you that the 'left' might not support Gingrich because he's a conservative Republican??

Yeah, you need to get it straight because I never mentioned the left should support Cain.

How about Cain and Newt get treated by the left exactly the way Clinton got treated by the right,

How many freaking times do you need to hear this?

BILL CLINTON got in trouble for LYING to a FEDERAL GRAND JURY--and not for getting BJ's in the oval office from a young white house intern. Now if you would have lied to a Federal Grand Jury you would have ended up in prison over it--like Martha Stewart did. Bill Clinton only lost his lawyers license over it.

Avory, it's disingenuous at best for you to suggest that Obama is a Republican hating President. You must be really off your rockers if you truly believe that claptrap.

What the hell are you .... Ahh, your one of the Obama-bots I forgot... You're right, Obama brings both of the 2 party's together every chance he gets... I never listen to Obama and then think "fuckin Republicans," nor do I see an Obama speech then see a bunch of "fucking Republicans" threads...

What was the lasted uniting thing Obama said about Republicans? Something like if a Republican becomes President we’re fucked? Remember when he blamed the debt ceiling on Republicans? You know Obama could have just balanced the budget…. Something tells me Dems would have been running off an accomplishment like that for many elections to come…. But no, instead we get the divider.

Days like today just suck. It's starts off with the typical yet enjoyable nonsense on here. Then fast forward to now. Stuck sitting here waiting for a client to come home because we are short on the white quartz for their fireplace. I only need 6 damn pieces and their are only 3 available locally. To top it off the shit is on back order with the wholesaler until the week of Xmas.

Fuck!

The supplier must be a liberal cause he is messing me up. Told her the shit was accessible, just didn't bother to tell her not for a month.

Frezzin my ass off playing in water all for not. Ugh
Look at you blaming someone else for your own stupidity. :lol:

Although I tend to avoid sweeping generalizations directed toward the right and/or left, I will respond simply to share that as a leftist I am not concerned with Newt's marital indiscretions as they pertain to his public office. I do however recall his being reprimanded by the Ethics Committee as to inappropriate use of tax deducted funds in fund raising efforts.

You mean after launching 63 investigations, they finally found a technical violation?

Come on.

How about talking about how Mooochelle got a $300,000 job at the University of Chicago where she apparently never showed up and didn't have to do any work. A job that was created for her after her husband became a Senator and eliminated the minute she left to go be first lady.

Seems fair to me....what is Ken Starr up to these days?

@ Cecile

Is Newt Ethical and Moral?
You like to peddle that shit only in one direction. To the left, but with Newt, you CLAIM to need all sorts of proof that he was fucking around on the tax payers dime?

Fuckouttahere

Bullshit. You show me ANYWHERE that I just assumed someone's guilt based on accusations without proof, and THEN you can accuse me of "only in one direction".

I remember that bullshit ethics investigation, I'll bet a hell of a lot better than you do. They brought 84 charges against him, and dismissed 83 of them. The only one that was left regarded documents his lawyer prepared, which contained contradictory information. Newt took responsibility for the error and reimbursed the committee for the cost of the investigation. The IRS investigated him for 3 1/2 years to see if he had violated the ridiculously arcane tax laws regarding tax-exempt funds, and concluded that he had NOT violated them.

And I'd bet money you didn't even remember that the ethics investigation involved tax law before I said it.

If you'd like to prove now that anything I've said is incorrect, please feel free. If you bring me a blog and try to call it proof, I will laugh in your frigging face.

How many freaking times do you need to hear this?

BILL CLINTON got in trouble for LYING to a FEDERAL GRAND JURY--and not for getting BJ's in the oval office from a young white house intern. Now if you would have lied to a Federal Grand Jury you would have ended up in prison over it--like Martha Stewart did. Bill Clinton only lost his lawyers license over it.

Seriously? You're seriously claiming that the attacks on Bill Clinton in the rightwing media were entirely limited to criticisms of the fact that he lied during a civil lawsuit deposition?

That was it? Were you alive in the nineties? Are you mentally handicapped?

The whole problem with Newt is this... You have to forgive him for a bunch of shit you don't like... Some like Gramps will just give in, most will hold some kind of resentment and many simply won't show up to vote for him.

Newt is a divider, just like Bush and Obama. America does not need a Democrat hatin Republican in office, just like most people don't like that Obama is a Republican hatin divider.

In the end it comes down to how much people want to forget about newts horrid past and even more than that how much will people go along with many of Newts new (flip flopping) policy positions.

I’m not saying Newt can’t win the nomination, I’m saying once he does Newts past will be in your face 24/7 and suddenly 10-15 years ago of bad decisions seem like yesterday… Obama will have a billion dollars to remind you of that.

I don't have to forgive him for jack. He hasn't done anything to me. If you're feeling like you have to forgive him for stuff in order to vote for him, then the problem is YOU and your Pope Complex that compels you to run around trying to forgive sins that aren't against you.

"Horrid past"? Oh, puhleeze. Hyperbole much?

Newt is welcome to run on his record as Congressman and as Speaker of the House. He can also justify all the statement he made as Fox News Commentator, his support of global warming, wanting a rational immigration policy and his support of a healthcare mandate. Unfortunately, his three wives and philandering is also fair game

Let Republican voters decide on redemption

@ Cecile

Is Newt Ethical and Moral?
You like to peddle that shit only in one direction. To the left, but with Newt, you CLAIM to need all sorts of proof that he was fucking around on the tax payers dime?

Fuckouttahere

Bullshit. You show me ANYWHERE that I just assumed someone's guilt based on accusations without proof, and THEN you can accuse me of "only in one direction".

I remember that bullshit ethics investigation, I'll bet a hell of a lot better than you do. They brought 84 charges against him, and dismissed 83 of them. The only one that was left regarded documents his lawyer prepared, which contained contradictory information. Newt took responsibility for the error and reimbursed the committee for the cost of the investigation. The IRS investigated him for 3 1/2 years to see if he had violated the ridiculously arcane tax laws regarding tax-exempt funds, and concluded that he had NOT violated them.

And I'd bet money you didn't even remember that the ethics investigation involved tax law before I said it.

If you'd like to prove now that anything I've said is incorrect, please feel free. If you bring me a blog and try to call it proof, I will laugh in your frigging face.

Hey stupid, I'm not talking about Newts investigation, nice try. Heres what I said.

Funny thing is, the right can't stop about Clinton and his past to this day. So don't ask the left why they don't forgive Newt, ask the right WHY they do forgive Newt but not Clinton?

Goes both ways

Because having an affair isn't illegal. Sexual harassment is. Fucking the office help, while not illegal, is both unethical and something that happened on the taxpayer's dime.

I realize that you near-virgins on the left are totally fixated on the whole sex thing, and I can only assume that is why you can't wrap your tiny brains around the fact that the right ISN'T. We didn't consider it our business when Clinton was simply fucking around on his wife, and we don't consider it our business that Newt did. Show us allegations that Newt sexually harassed employees, or fucked the interns at the Capitol, or raped someone, and we'll talk.

My response was to ask if Newt was Ethical and Moral and you dodged it. Point being is that the Right, to this day still talks about Clinton, Edwards etc and cry about cheating, getting blowjobs, lying but Newt....You want to forgive and forget Newts cheating, lying, immoral behavior. Either you forgive it, forget it or pretend it's not a big deal.

Well if the past is an indication. The right cares a lot about lying and cheating on spouses...except with Newt.

Seems fair to me....what is Ken Starr up to these days?

Absolutely. Do you have any evidence that either of them broke laws?

Because CLinton did. That's what Ken Starr was investigating. Did he break the law?

Which, of course, he did.

Forum List

Back