The left "claims" to believe in redemption for past mistakes except for Newts case

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Common criminals (much like I was) get second chances at redeeming themselves. Celebritys go through dozens of spouses and affairs yet the moment they speak ill of the GOP they are hoisted onto a pedestal. Clinton was forgiven before the truth was even known. Chances are many of you have had affairs or at the very least an ugly relationship that may have ended in divorce.

Why is it all those people are quickly forgiven yet Newt is held back? Yes he went after Clinton for lying but that's the game you play when you lie to congress.

I suspect there are only 2 real reasons and you won't admit either.

1. A chance for payback because of number 2.
2. He's a republican

Common criminals (much like I was) get second chances at redeeming themselves. Celebritys go through dozens of spouses and affairs yet the moment they speak ill of the GOP they are hoisted onto a pedestal. Clinton was forgiven before the truth was even known. Chances are many of you have had affairs or at the very least an ugly relationship that may have ended in divorce.

Why is it all those people are quickly forgiven yet Newt is held back? Yes he went after Clinton for lying but that's the game you play when you lie to congress.

2. He's a republican

clinton may have been forgiven, but there was no way he would ever hold public office again......

celbrities and private people are not held to the same standard as those in public office.......

sure newt may be forgiven, but he will not hold public office again, ust like clinton and the celebrities......

• Banned
I believe in redemption and second chances. I'm living proof that many end with good results.

The key is to admit your faults and try to move forward. Newt has done that and then some.

I forgive him for taking the $1.6- $1.8 million from Freddie Mac but I'm not so sure Righties will :eusa_whistle: The Cain Train is where its at :)

• Banned

2. He's a republican

clinton may have been forgiven, but there was no way he would ever hold public office again......

celbrities and private people are not held to the same standard as those in public office.......

sure newt may be forgiven, but he will not hold public office again, ust like clinton and the celebrities......

If Clinton were able to run again I think he would receive a lot of support and be a formidable foe.

there is a difference between being forgiven and regaining trust......

if someone stole form me or a spouse cheated, i would probably forgive them, but would probably never trust them again......

Although I tend to avoid sweeping generalizations directed toward the right and/or left, I will respond simply to share that as a leftist I am not concerned with Newt's marital indiscretions as they pertain to his public office. I do however recall his being reprimanded by the Ethics Committee as to inappropriate use of tax deducted funds in fund raising efforts.

Last edited:

2. He's a republican

If Clinton were able to run again I think he would receive a lot of support and be a formidable foe.

nah, people may still like clinton, but i seriously doubt he would ever be trusted with public office again.......

neither side gives any forgiveness to the other, politics in this information age is more like a sporting event now.

I forgive him for taking the $1.6- $1.8 million from Freddie Mac but I'm not so sure Righties will :eusa_whistle: The Cain Train is where its at :)

Only a leftist dumbass thinks that a private consultant, heading a private consulting firm, needs to be "forgiven" for taking perfectly legal fees for consulting.

You show me where he did anything illegal or unethical, and I'll consider the possibility that there's a scandal involved. Until then, shut the hell up.

if someone stole form me or a spouse cheated, i would probably forgive them, but would probably never trust them again......

Well, Newt Gingrich has neither stolen from you nor cheated on you, so I fail to see where he should even NEED your forgiveness.

Well, Newt Gingrich has neither stolen from you nor cheated on you, so I fail to see where he should even NEED your forgiveness.

Good point

Newt has had more than a second chance.

If he's the best the GOP can cough up, I'd rather give Obama a second chance.

Why don't you apply your "logic" to Obama.

:lol:

Although I tend to avoid sweeping generalizations directed toward the right, I will respond simply to share that as a leftist I am not concerned with Newt's marital indiscretions as they pertain to his public office. I do however recall his being reprimanded by the Ethics Committee as to inappropriate use of tax deducted funds in fund raising efforts.

Yeah, I remember the Democrats ginning up a big pretend ethics "issue" to punish him, too.

How do you know that Vaard isn't one of his ex-wives....or his constituents. Did you forget that Newt quit during his term?

neither did clinton or the celebrities mentioned in the op........ so why is the op worried about them being forgiven?

Only a leftist dumbass thinks that a private consultant, heading a private consulting firm, needs to be "forgiven" for taking perfectly legal fees for consulting.

You show me where he did anything illegal or unethical, and I'll consider the possibility that there's a scandal involved. Until then, shut the hell up.

He "stepped in it", in Perry's words ;) , OWN IT or :anj_stfu:!
Newt Gingrich, Freddie Mac and the latest pseudo-conservative fraud - The Hill's Pundits Blog
Newt believes Barney Frank should go to jail because of ties to a lobbyist, while Newt takes an impressive $1.6 million of Freddie Mac money, according to multiple reports. Does Newt believe Newt should go to jail, too?

Will the investigative sleuths of the House Republicans, paid for at taxpayer expense to run political hearings about Freddie and Fannie, put Newt under oath as a witness too?

Last edited:
Although I tend to avoid sweeping generalizations directed toward the right, I will respond simply to share that as a leftist I am not concerned with Newt's marital indiscretions as they pertain to his public office. I do however recall his being reprimanded by the Ethics Committee as to inappropriate use of tax deducted funds in fund raising efforts.

Yeah, I remember the Democrats ginning up a big pretend ethics "issue" to punish him, too.

you mean a republican controlled ethnics commitee "ginning up" 84 charges, right?

Forum List

Back