The left "claims" to believe in redemption for past mistakes except for Newts case

there is a difference between being forgiven and regaining trust......

if someone stole form me or a spouse cheated, i would probably forgive them, but would probably never trust them again......

Well, Newt Gingrich has neither stolen from you nor cheated on you, so I fail to see where he should even NEED your forgiveness.

Good point

if it is such a good point, why are you so worried about cains alleged affairs if it wasnt you he cheated on?

Although I tend to avoid sweeping generalizations directed toward the right, I will respond simply to share that as a leftist I am not concerned with Newt's marital indiscretions as they pertain to his public office. I do however recall his being reprimanded by the Ethics Committee as to inappropriate use of tax deducted funds in fund raising efforts.

Yeah, I remember the Democrats ginning up a big pretend ethics "issue" to punish him, too.

thats the game you play when you lie to congress.......

Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gingrich acknowledged in January 1997 that "In my name and over my signature, inaccurate, incomplete and unreliable statements were given to the committee". [70] The House Ethics Committee concluded that inaccurate information supplied to investigators represented "intentional or ... reckless" disregard of House rules

so clinton lies to congress and republicans want him impeached......

gingrich lies to congress and they want to make him president.......

nope, no hypocracy there........

there is a difference between being forgiven and regaining trust......

if someone stole form me or a spouse cheated, i would probably forgive them, but would probably never trust them again......

Well, Newt Gingrich has neither stolen from you nor cheated on you, so I fail to see where he should even NEED your forgiveness.

neither did clinton or the celebrities mentioned in the op........ so why is the op worried about them being forgiven?

Um, Clinton broke the law while holding public office. That actually IS an offense against the people of the United States, Sparkles. He actually DOES need forgiveness from us for that.

As to celebrities, I have no idea why the OP thinks anyone in the general public should need to forgive them, or even IF he thinks they do. I do know that there seems to be a trend of generic, faceless people off the street arrogantly alloting to themselves the right and ability to forgive sins committed against people other than themselves, so perhaps the OP is simply making reference to that peculiar behavioral trait.

I forgive him for taking the $1.6- $1.8 million from Freddie Mac but I'm not so sure Righties will :eusa_whistle: The Cain Train is where its at :)

Only a leftist dumbass thinks that a private consultant, heading a private consulting firm, needs to be "forgiven" for taking perfectly legal fees for consulting.

You show me where he did anything illegal or unethical, and I'll consider the possibility that there's a scandal involved. Until then, shut the hell up.

He "stepped in it", in Perry's words ;) , OWN IT or :anj_stfu:!
Newt Gingrich, Freddie Mac and the latest pseudo-conservative fraud - The Hill's Pundits Blog
Newt believes Barney Frank should go to jail because of ties to a lobbyist, while Newt takes an impressive $1.6 million of Freddie Mac money, according to multiple reports. Does Newt believe Newt should go to jail, too?

Will the investigative sleuths of the House Republicans, paid for at taxpayer expense to run political hearings about Freddie and Fannie, put Newt under oath as a witness too?

He stepped in nothing, and I have no problem "owning" the fact that he heads a consulting firm that engaged in perfectly legal, ethical consulting business.

And I'm even less interested in "Look, I found a blog that says so!" than I am in the usual drivel that spews from your piehole. If anything, you've just made your bullshit ever so slightly LESS worth listening to. Congratulations.

Good point

if it is such a good point, why are you so worried about cains alleged affairs if it wasnt you he cheated on?

Because his continued lies and denials damage our cause.

so if cain admitted to the affair and harrassing those women, you would go back to supporting him since it was not he harrassed or cheated on?

you would support a womanizer, adulterer and harrasser as long as he was honest about it?

so if cain admitted to the affair and harrassing those women, you would go back to supporting him since it was not he harrassed or cheated on?

you would support a womanizer, adulterer and harrasser as long as he was honest about it?

Taking advantage of women and having a disfunctional marriage are two different issues. My thoughts about Cain are well known so what's your point?

Last edited:

Taking advantage of women and having a disfunctional marriage are two different issues. My thoughts about Cain are well known so what's your point?

well, you said your issue with cain was that he was lying, so i asked if you would support him with him being a womanizer as long as he was honest about it......

then you said it was a good point made earlier that since newt did not cheat on or steal form me that i should not be worrying about forgiving him.....

so.... since cain did not harrass or cheat on you, why would you not support him as long as he was honest about his harrassing and womanizing?

well, you said your issue with cain was that he was lying, so i asked if you would support him with him being a womanizer as long as he was honest about it......

then you said it was a good point made earlier that since newt did not cheat on or steal form me that i should not be worrying about forgiving him.....

so.... since cain did not harrass or cheat on you, why would you not support him as long as he was honest about his harrassing and womanizing?

I already answered that question. Now were going in circles. My lunch is over ill catch up later.

I already answered that question. Now were going in circles. My lunch is over ill catch up later.

not really.. i am asking why you would not support cain being a womanizer and harrasser as long as he was honest about it since it was not you personally he was harrassing or cheating on........

Only a leftist dumbass thinks that a private consultant, heading a private consulting firm, needs to be "forgiven" for taking perfectly legal fees for consulting.

You show me where he did anything illegal or unethical, and I'll consider the possibility that there's a scandal involved. Until then, shut the hell up.

He "stepped in it", in Perry's words ;) , OWN IT or :anj_stfu:!
Newt Gingrich, Freddie Mac and the latest pseudo-conservative fraud - The Hill's Pundits Blog
Newt believes Barney Frank should go to jail because of ties to a lobbyist, while Newt takes an impressive $1.6 million of Freddie Mac money, according to multiple reports. Does Newt believe Newt should go to jail, too?

Will the investigative sleuths of the House Republicans, paid for at taxpayer expense to run political hearings about Freddie and Fannie, put Newt under oath as a witness too?

He stepped in nothing, and I have no problem "owning" the fact that he heads a consulting firm that engaged in perfectly legal, ethical consulting business.

And I'm even less interested in "Look, I found a blog that says so!" than I am in the usual drivel that spews from your piehole. If anything, you've just made your bullshit ever so slightly LESS worth listening to. Congratulations.

what he engaged in is referred to as "hypocrisy" dummy. It went over your head, AGAIN, as was to be expected.

Common criminals (much like I was) get second chances at redeeming themselves. Celebritys go through dozens of spouses and affairs yet the moment they speak ill of the GOP they are hoisted onto a pedestal. Clinton was forgiven before the truth was even known. Chances are many of you have had affairs or at the very least an ugly relationship that may have ended in divorce.

Why is it all those people are quickly forgiven yet Newt is held back? Yes he went after Clinton for lying but that's the game you play when you lie to congress.

I suspect there are only 2 real reasons and you won't admit either.

1. A chance for payback because of number 2.
2. He's a republican

It is the right who claims to be the moral party.

Its the right who claimed Clinton should not be president anymore BECAUSE he had an affair.

I dont want a man or woman who is subject to black mail.

That would be the only reason I wouldnt want someone on my side with the record Cain has.

Common criminals (much like I was) get second chances at redeeming themselves. Celebritys go through dozens of spouses and affairs yet the moment they speak ill of the GOP they are hoisted onto a pedestal. Clinton was forgiven before the truth was even known. Chances are many of you have had affairs or at the very least an ugly relationship that may have ended in divorce.

Why is it all those people are quickly forgiven yet Newt is held back? Yes he went after Clinton for lying but that's the game you play when you lie to congress.

2. He's a republican

Substitute Cain.

The purpose of your other thread is revealed.

:eusa_shhh:

Newt gets to run on his whole record.....just like everyone else

It is up to each individual voter to decide what they want to forgive

2. He's a republican

Substitute Cain.

Two different situations and you know it. Abuse of women using power, non consensual, denial, lies currently being told and all that jazz.

Last time I checked, Newt is still a republican and has not sought redemption, so I'm not sure what the OP is on about. :dunno:

2. He's a republican

Substitute Cain.

Two different situations and you know it. Abuse of women using power, non consensual, denial, lies currently being told and all that jazz.
:eusa_eh:

Cheating on one's wife is a form of abusing women using power. Face it, Newt is a very unattractive character. No way in hell anyone would have sex with him if he hadn't had some political power. The abused person in this case is the wife.

This is typical of the left:

Bill Clinton is accused of sexual assault, with the victim coming forward with place and time, Herman Cain is accused of sexual harassment without anything to substantuate the claim at all.

Code Pink is against the wars..except when there is a Democrat starting them.

The N.O.W. sypports the fair and equal treatment of women, unless they are republican women.

The N.A.A.C.P. is for the advancement of African-Am,ericans, except when they are Republicans.

Days like today just suck. It's starts off with the typical yet enjoyable nonsense on here. Then fast forward to now. Stuck sitting here waiting for a client to come home because we are short on the white quartz for their fireplace. I only need 6 damn pieces and their are only 3 available locally. To top it off the shit is on back order with the wholesaler until the week of Xmas.

Fuck!

The supplier must be a liberal cause he is messing me up. Told her the shit was accessible, just didn't bother to tell her not for a month.

Frezzin my ass off playing in water all for not. Ugh

Forum List

Back