The left "claims" to believe in redemption for past mistakes except for Newts case

Common criminals (much like I was) get second chances at redeeming themselves. Celebritys go through dozens of spouses and affairs yet the moment they speak ill of the GOP they are hoisted onto a pedestal. Clinton was forgiven before the truth was even known. Chances are many of you have had affairs or at the very least an ugly relationship that may have ended in divorce.

Why is it all those people are quickly forgiven yet Newt is held back? Yes he went after Clinton for lying but that's the game you play when you lie to congress.

I suspect there are only 2 real reasons and you won't admit either.

1. A chance for payback because of number 2.
2. He's a republican
No...it's the hypocrisy stupid.

The Right invested so much time, money and energy into bringing down Clinton. All the while claiming that it was the sexual behavior, they deemed it deviant, that mattered. They pushed and pushed and pushed, until the back him into a corner that caused him to lie. Then they had him. They impeached him on it.

Now you want to walk away from that precedent and act as if it shouldn't matter....?

No...it doesn't work that way my friend. Not in a million years.

Again...it's the hypocrisy stupid.

Last edited:
he doesn't need to be concerned about getting the approval of the Left. He needs to convince the Right that being married 3X & being a lobbyist for Freddie Mac are A OK.

Actually, I believe that consenting acts between adults are the business of the adults and their spouses. In the case of Cain, his wife has known what he really is for probably 38 of their 42 years of marriage. She's made her choice just as other men and women make their choices about their cheating spouses.

Repubs will let any low-life scum back into the fold - even those who refuse to support their children, such as Newt who left his children with his very sick wife and without heat or food or the screaming-out-of-control bagger, Walsh who says he can't pay his back child support because he only makes $175K a year. They turn a blind eye to scum who break the law - Coburn and Ensign - and pretend nothing happened.

Libs, otoh, cast out the wrong doer even if he really never did anything more than fantasize about it with another CONSENTING adult, such as the case of Anthony Weiner.

Most disgusting to me is that these holier-than-thou, "family values" yahoos just go right on telling the rest of us how we should live. All the time the pubs and bags are preaching their family values to us and telling us they are "for" smaller government and personal responsibility, they're sneaking around with the laws to stop basic freedoms and refuse to take responsibility for their damn health care costs.

Yeah, I know - we tax payers pay for the very health care plans the congress refuses to let us have. Same old Repubs - Let Them Eat Cake, We Got Ours and We Don't Work For The 99%, We Work For The Koch's.

Cain shouldn't be running for any office. Not because he's a philanderer but because he's not qualified to be anything but what he is - a failed and fired business man, failed and fired lobbyist, ignorant of the world, can't even read a newspaper because its longer than his required 3 pages, smarmy radio entertainer. And, for Pete's sake, the fool LIES about his escapades even before they make the news!

The worst is that he does all this while he's some kind of deacon in his church. Same with church-going Newt.

he doesn't need to be concerned about getting the approval of the Left. He needs to convince the Right that being married 3X & being a lobbyist for Freddie Mac are A OK.

Not to mention taking money to push universal health care and now being against it.

Actually, I believe that consenting acts between adults are the business of the adults and their spouses. In the case of Cain, his wife has known what he really is for probably 38 of their 42 years of marriage. She's made her choice just as other men and women make their choices about their cheating spouses.

Repubs will let any low-life scum back into the fold - even those who refuse to support their children, such as Newt who left his children with his very sick wife and without heat or food or the screaming-out-of-control bagger, Walsh who says he can't pay his back child support because he only makes $175K a year. They turn a blind eye to scum who break the law - Coburn and Ensign - and pretend nothing happened.

Libs, otoh, cast out the wrong doer even if he really never did anything more than fantasize about it with another CONSENTING adult, such as the case of Anthony Weiner.

Most disgusting to me is that these holier-than-thou, "family values" yahoos just go right on telling the rest of us how we should live. All the time the pubs and bags are preaching their family values to us and telling us they are "for" smaller government and personal responsibility, they're sneaking around with the laws to stop basic freedoms and refuse to take responsibility for their damn health care costs.

Yeah, I know - we tax payers pay for the very health care plans the congress refuses to let us have. Same old Repubs - Let Them Eat Cake, We Got Ours and We Don't Work For The 99%, We Work For The Koch's.

Cain shouldn't be running for any office. Not because he's a philanderer but because he's not qualified to be anything but what he is - a failed and fired business man, failed and fired lobbyist, ignorant of the world, can't even read a newspaper because its longer than his required 3 pages, smarmy radio entertainer. And, for Pete's sake, the fool LIES about his escapades even before they make the news!

The worst is that he does all this while he's some kind of deacon in his church. Same with church-going Newt.

I was reading you post until you got to Newt leaving his (wealthy wife and kids) without food and heat.

It doesn't come any Dumber.

If you wanna make shit up as you go at least make it believeable.

Funny thing is, the right can't stop about Clinton and his past to this day. So don't ask the left why they don't forgive Newt, ask the right WHY they do forgive Newt but not Clinton?

Goes both ways

I was reading you post until you got to Newt leaving his (wealthy wife and kids) without food and heat.

LoneStarBear: Newt Gingrich - who left 1st wife stricken with cancer, cheated on 2nd wife, and now is on 3rd wife - does video in support of 'traditional marriage'

This is just one of dozens of links I found with a 3 second search. Even Newt recently said he left his first religion because that church hassled him for leaving his daughters without heat and the church took up a collection to take care of them.

Anyone wanna bet the next excuse is that all the links are just too "liberal". Yeah, that's it. Its all part of that Liberal Media Bias the pubs&bags are always complaining about when they get caught.

He's never been a lobbyist, shitforbrains. Are you really so stupid you don't know the difference between a lobbyist and a consultant?

Funny thing is, the right can't stop about Clinton and his past to this day. So don't ask the left why they don't forgive Newt, ask the right WHY they do forgive Newt but not Clinton?

Goes both ways

Because having an affair isn't illegal. Sexual harassment is. Fucking the office help, while not illegal, is both unethical and something that happened on the taxpayer's dime.

I realize that you near-virgins on the left are totally fixated on the whole sex thing, and I can only assume that is why you can't wrap your tiny brains around the fact that the right ISN'T. We didn't consider it our business when Clinton was simply fucking around on his wife, and we don't consider it our business that Newt did. Show us allegations that Newt sexually harassed employees, or fucked the interns at the Capitol, or raped someone, and we'll talk.

He's never been a lobbyist, shitforbrains. Are you really so stupid you don't know the difference between a lobbyist and a consultant?

why you always use profanity asswipe? He got paid on how to influence repubs in congress. A lobbyist by a different name... Surely you don't believe he was their "resident historian" LOL

LoneStarBear: Newt Gingrich - who left 1st wife stricken with cancer, cheated on 2nd wife, and now is on 3rd wife - does video in support of 'traditional marriage'

This is just one of dozens of links I found with a 3 second search. Even Newt recently said he left his first religion because that church hassled him for leaving his daughters without heat and the church took up a collection to take care of them.

Anyone wanna bet the next excuse is that all the links are just too "liberal". Yeah, that's it. Its all part of that Liberal Media Bias the pubs&bags are always complaining about when they get caught.

Ooh, I'm so impressed. You spent three seconds searching on the Internet and found a fucking blog. What do you want, Junior? A gold star or a brownie? Are we supposed to be agog at this? This is akin to doing a 3-second search of the garbage can and finding trash. Duuhh.

The links don't have to be liberal, dumbass. They're opinions, which makes them worthless no matter what side the blathering puswad who wrote them claims.

Here's a tip, Sparkles: not everything on the Internet is true. Or news.

Good luck peddling THAT swill to the American general population.

:lol:

why you always use profanity asswipe? He got paid on how to influence repubs in congress. A lobbyist by a different name... Surely you don't believe he was their "resident historian" LOL

Maybe because it amuses me to hear you kindergarten Puritans throwing hissy fits over it. The ultra-tolerant left, pulling out their buckle shoes and tall hats to moralize about bad words. Puhleeze.

And no, dumbass, a lobbyist only comes by THAT name. And no one said anything about "resident historian". He was a consultant. Believe it or not, there are more jobs done for government and pseudo-government agencies than just lobbying, simpleton.

Not, you should understand, that I would care much if he did, since lobbying is ALSO a completely legal job. I leave sneering at legal work to those who think camping in a park and shitting police cars is a legitimate expenditure of time.

Good luck peddling THAT swill to the American general population.

:lol:

Yes, I realize that the lying left has every intention of exploiting the ignorance of much of the public, just as they always do. Just scream, "Took money from Freddie Mac!" at the top of your lungs over and over, looking scandalized, and maybe someone will actually believe there's a scandal there.

You'll excuse me if I prefer being both smarter than you and more honest, though. It's a quirk I have.

@ Cecile

Is Newt Ethical and Moral?
You like to peddle that shit only in one direction. To the left, but with Newt, you CLAIM to need all sorts of proof that he was fucking around on the tax payers dime?

Fuckouttahere

Common criminals (much like I was) get second chances at redeeming themselves. Celebritys go through dozens of spouses and affairs yet the moment they speak ill of the GOP they are hoisted onto a pedestal. Clinton was forgiven before the truth was even known. Chances are many of you have had affairs or at the very least an ugly relationship that may have ended in divorce.

Why is it all those people are quickly forgiven yet Newt is held back? Yes he went after Clinton for lying but that's the game you play when you lie to congress.

2. He's a republican

Let me get this straight. You think the 'left' is hypocritical because they won't support Gingrich because he's an adulterer?

Did it ever occur to you that the 'left' might not support Gingrich because he's a conservative Republican??

Maybe you should have thought that one through a bit.

2. He's a republican

Let me get this straight. You think the 'left' is hypocritical because they won't support Gingrich because he's an adulterer?

Did it ever occur to you that the 'left' might not support Gingrich because he's a conservative Republican??

Maybe you should have thought that one through a bit.

Yeah, you need to get it straight because I never mentioned the left should support Cain.

Forum List

Back