The Irish... And Who Didn't 'Help' Them Succeed

It hasn't been easy for the Irish.....but, without any of that vaunted Liberal 'help,' this is the current state of their financial condition:

12. Median income of almost $60.
The median income for households headed by an Irish-American came in at $59,220, higher than the national median of$51,371. In addition, 7.4 percent of family households of Irish ancestry were in poverty, lower than the rate of 11.8 percent for all Americans.
Top ten facts on Irish Americans from the US Census Bureau
www.irishcentral.com/.../Top-ten-facts-on-Irish-Americans-from-the-US-Ce...

The Census Bureau estimated real median household income at$53,657for 2014 and $54,462in 2013. Household income varies by race, with Asians the highest in 2014 at over $74,000 and African Americans the lowest around $35,000.
Household income in the United States - Wikipedia, the free ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Household_income_in_the_United_St...
Wikipedia

I contend that without Liberals.....it would be twice that.

1. The colloquial use of “poverty” implies a material deprivation, which hardly exists. But this is not to say that a poverty of social conditions does not exist, and this cannot be remedied with money. In fact, the root cause of this poverty is the perverse, counterproductive incentives arising from the welfare system itself.
  2. Charles Murray’s “Losing Ground” documented this effect using social indicators such as work, marriage, legitimacy, crime, and alcohol and drug abuse, and showing how the massive increase in government welfare programs worsened the problem.

13. Liberals/Democrats should heed this lesson:

" In fact, since President Obama took office, federal welfare spending has increased by 41 percent, more than $193 billion per year. Despite this government largess, more than 46 million Americans continue to live in poverty. Despite nearly $15 trillion in total welfare spending since Lyndon Johnson declared war on poverty in 1964, the poverty rate is perilously close to where we began more than 40 years ago.

Throwing money at the problem has neither reduced poverty nor made the poor self-sufficient." Scribd

The Irish pulled up their boots and went to work. Unlike a certain other faction that demand reparations, have been given every opportunity to better themselves through affirmative action and other programs and STILL can't make anything of themselves.

Perhaps if the Irish in Ireland did that then their country wouldn't be a third world armpit.

How's the "refugee" situation in Germany? You clowns have been played

I work with them as a job, I get to see first hand what suffering they have endured, what horrors they have fled and iy highlights what heartless and evil ***** the people who bang on about them being a swarm of terrorists actually are.

Good gawd you're a stupid one, watch that your head doesn't become detached from your body

And you're a rude and disgusting hateful bigoted one. Watch someone in real life doesn't see the person who posts on here as they'll probably do something deservedly very nasty you.

The Irish pulled up their boots and went to work. Unlike a certain other faction that demand reparations, have been given every opportunity to better themselves through affirmative action and other programs and STILL can't make anything of themselves.

Perhaps if the Irish in Ireland did that then their country wouldn't be a third world armpit.

How's the "refugee" situation in Germany? You clowns have been played

I work with them as a job, I get to see first hand what suffering they have endured, what horrors they have fled and iy highlights what heartless and evil ***** the people who bang on about them being a swarm of terrorists actually are.

Good gawd you're a stupid one, watch that your head doesn't become detached from your body

And you're a rude and disgusting hateful bigoted one. Watch someone in real life doesn't see the person who posts on here as they'll probably do something deservedly very nasty you.

Yawn....go play

There is still residual hatred for the British among hard core Irish descendants. From the Roman times to the end of the 19th century the landlord British treated the Irish as a sub species. After the British starved them out during the potato famine, the Irish that emigrated to the U.S. were used as cannon fodder in the Civil War. Far from becoming bitter the Irish overcame hostility and abuse and racism. The myth of the fighting drunken Irish still persists even in the unofficial logo of the Notre Dame football program. (the fighting Irish) even though most of the team is Black.
The Irish certainly were cannon fodder for Dishonest Abe's unjust war and casualty rates were high. If I remember right, casualty rates in some battles approached 50% for Irish American units.

My father who was an Irish American, was drafted into FDR's War at 18 years of age. He was sent to England to help the stupid Limeys beat the Hun. He use to say that he and many others like him, disliked helping the Limeys.

The hatred of the Limey dies hard for the Irish.

Ya really think so! Or is that because you belong to this drunken ethnic group.
Nothing but drunks and wife beaters.

"the donald" right in your face.

Last edited:
There is still residual hatred for the British among hard core Irish descendants. From the Roman times to the end of the 19th century the landlord British treated the Irish as a sub species. After the British starved them out during the potato famine, the Irish that emigrated to the U.S. were used as cannon fodder in the Civil War. Far from becoming bitter the Irish overcame hostility and abuse and racism. The myth of the fighting drunken Irish still persists even in the unofficial logo of the Notre Dame football program. (the fighting Irish) even though most of the team is Black.
The Irish certainly were cannon fodder for Dishonest Abe's unjust war and casualty rates were high. If I remember right, casualty rates in some battles approached 50% for Irish American units.

My father who was an Irish American, was drafted into FDR's War at 18 years of age. He was sent to England to help the stupid Limeys beat the Hun. He use to say that he and many others like him, disliked helping the Limeys.

"My dad was a racist." Hardly a suprise but it's not often quite so bluntly stated. Kudos for honesty.

You mean the third world armpit that has one of the highest GDP per captia in the world. Ireland has a third of the there population living under the poverty line compared the US... They are also higher educated in all facets of education...

Oh they are they also ranked of having more economic freedom than the US...

What history shows us is that white people are SO racist that they even do it to Themsleves ! It's like racism is in their DNA !

Oh, no!

Another simpleton Liberal.

Racism! Racism!

1. "I grew up in segregation," says New York Times best-selling conservative author Shelby Steele, "so I really know what racism is. I went to a segregated school. I bow to no one in my knowledge of racism, which is one of the reasons why I say white privilege is not a problem....Racism is about eighteenth on a list of problems black America faces." --Angela McGlowan, “Bamboozled: How Americans Are Being Exploited By The Lies of The Liberal Agenda,” P.38-39

2. And the reason Liberals hate Ann Coulter....she nails you professional whiners:

Thrilled with their role as ‘white friend-of-the-blacks,’ many found that they could actually make a living at it! The part requires sneering at nonexistent racists, and memorizing one line:
“Goddam it, this may cost me my career but I’m going to speak up for racial equality and let the chips fall where they may!”

Uhhhhh YOU started this thread. It's about racism.

Who's the simpleton ?

No it isn't.

It's about Liberals messing up.

And....if you missed my point....you're the simpleton: all you can do is bloviate about imaginary 'racism.'

Here's why:

1. 'Democrats are heavily dependent on the black vote. That’s an opportunity for the GOP.
The black vote has become important enough to the Democratic party that a small drop in support could make a big difference.

in the 1992 election, 13 percent of the Democratic vote came from black voters. In 2014, it was 23 percent.

If there'd been a one-point swing from Obama to McCain in North Carolina in 2008, McCain would have won the state. And if the black vote in Florida and Ohio in 2012 had been as strong for the Republicans as it was in 2004 -- in the pre-Obama era -- Romney would have won both."
Democrats are heavily dependent on the black vote. That’s an opportunity for the GOP.

2. "...what would happen if a smaller percentage of blacks turned out:

- At 90 percent black turn-out, Wisconsin’s 10 electoral votes slide into the GOP column.

- At 75 percent black turn-out, Pennsylvania’s 21 electoral votes go Republican.

- At 70 percent Michigan’s 17 electoral votes turn from blue to red.

- At 50 percent the GOP collects Delawre’s three electoral votes.

I don’t know what a realistic number to project is for the effects of angry black apathy, but I’ll stop at 50 percent. It may be that going as low as 75 percent is unrealistic. Most likely it’s impossible to say. (And this doesn’t take into account things like congressional districts where black voters make the margin of difference.)"
Do Democrats need the black vote? | RobertEmmet

And this is why the party of slavery, segregation and second-class citizenship for minorities suddenly....after blocking every civil rights bill.....including every anti-lynching bills....suddenly saw the light in 1964.

Now...post how you have learned the truth...and you'll be on the road to not being a simpleton.

BTW.....I taught you this....too, didn't I:
Obama is the first President never to have had a year of 3% or better economic growth: "...annual growth during Obama’s “recovery” has never topped 3%. By comparison, it never fell below 3% during the Reagan recovery. And in the nine years following the 1990-91 recession, GDP grew faster than 3% in all but two. Heck, even Jimmy Carter had some strong growth years." http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/with-gdp-downgrade-obama-growth-gap-expands/

a. "The years since 2007 have been a macroeconomic disaster for the United States of a magnitude unprecedented since the Great Depression." Obama: Always Wrong, Never In Doubt

b. "....first president since Hoover to never have a single year above 3% GDP growth." Obama economy is 'amazing,' says hedge fund billionaire

I can't hear you!

I had found this

US GDP Growth Rate by Year

Ann Coulter writes...

First off Ann Coulter is a hack pulp writer.

Secondly, it was of great advantage to Irish immigrants that their Brythonic brethren had been represented in seats of power by the time great waves came here as refugees of the famine--casual discrimination, and economic hardship notwithstanding. They were able to assimilate with relative ease.

Andrew Jackson's parents were immigrants from that land, after all.

1. How would you know? You've never read any of her scholarly best sellers.....
With all that hot air....you should change your avi to 'The Hindenburg'

2. "They were able to assimilate with relative ease."
Strike two.

1. They rose slowly….over generations. Their first successes were in politics. It started in the mid-19th century, and within a few decades, they became dominant in big city “machines” in Boston, New York, and other metropolitan areas.
    1. And while this brought prosperity and prominence to a few, it had little impact on the lives of most Irish-Americans. In the 1890’s most of the men were still laborers, and the women, domestics.
  2. How about the Kennedys? The first arrived in 1848, a laborer. He lived and he died a laborer. Edward Banfield, “The Unheavenly City,” p. 58.
    1. But- his son was successful enough to send the grandson to college. That grandson was Joseph P. Kennedy, and he made a fortune that enabled the great-grandsons to achieve …a certain level of success in politics.
  3. For the Irish, their success took over a century before equality was achieved in income, IQ, occupations, and other socioeconomic indicia.
  4. Note: social acceptance came slowly, and followed achievements, rather than being a precondition.

News flash; the Guilded Age was a shit time for everyone but the rich. Try reading some real history for a change.

What history shows us is that white people are SO racist that they even do it to Themsleves ! It's like racism is in their DNA !

Oh, no!

Another simpleton Liberal.

Racism! Racism!

1. "I grew up in segregation," says New York Times best-selling conservative author Shelby Steele, "so I really know what racism is. I went to a segregated school. I bow to no one in my knowledge of racism, which is one of the reasons why I say white privilege is not a problem....Racism is about eighteenth on a list of problems black America faces." --Angela McGlowan, “Bamboozled: How Americans Are Being Exploited By The Lies of The Liberal Agenda,” P.38-39

2. And the reason Liberals hate Ann Coulter....she nails you professional whiners:

Thrilled with their role as ‘white friend-of-the-blacks,’ many found that they could actually make a living at it! The part requires sneering at nonexistent racists, and memorizing one line:
“Goddam it, this may cost me my career but I’m going to speak up for racial equality and let the chips fall where they may!”

Uhhhhh YOU started this thread. It's about racism.

Who's the simpleton ?

No it isn't.

It's about Liberals messing up.

And....if you missed my point....you're the simpleton: all you can do is bloviate about imaginary 'racism.'

Here's why:

1. 'Democrats are heavily dependent on the black vote. That’s an opportunity for the GOP.
The black vote has become important enough to the Democratic party that a small drop in support could make a big difference.

in the 1992 election, 13 percent of the Democratic vote came from black voters. In 2014, it was 23 percent.

If there'd been a one-point swing from Obama to McCain in North Carolina in 2008, McCain would have won the state. And if the black vote in Florida and Ohio in 2012 had been as strong for the Republicans as it was in 2004 -- in the pre-Obama era -- Romney would have won both."
Democrats are heavily dependent on the black vote. That’s an opportunity for the GOP.

2. "...what would happen if a smaller percentage of blacks turned out:

- At 90 percent black turn-out, Wisconsin’s 10 electoral votes slide into the GOP column.

- At 75 percent black turn-out, Pennsylvania’s 21 electoral votes go Republican.

- At 70 percent Michigan’s 17 electoral votes turn from blue to red.

- At 50 percent the GOP collects Delawre’s three electoral votes.

I don’t know what a realistic number to project is for the effects of angry black apathy, but I’ll stop at 50 percent. It may be that going as low as 75 percent is unrealistic. Most likely it’s impossible to say. (And this doesn’t take into account things like congressional districts where black voters make the margin of difference.)"
Do Democrats need the black vote? | RobertEmmet

And this is why the party of slavery, segregation and second-class citizenship for minorities suddenly....after blocking every civil rights bill.....including every anti-lynching bills....suddenly saw the light in 1964.

Now...post how you have learned the truth...and you'll be on the road to not being a simpleton.

BTW.....I taught you this....too, didn't I:
Obama is the first President never to have had a year of 3% or better economic growth: "...annual growth during Obama’s “recovery” has never topped 3%. By comparison, it never fell below 3% during the Reagan recovery. And in the nine years following the 1990-91 recession, GDP grew faster than 3% in all but two. Heck, even Jimmy Carter had some strong growth years." President Obama’s Growth Gap Hits $1.31 Trillion

a. "The years since 2007 have been a macroeconomic disaster for the United States of a magnitude unprecedented since the Great Depression." Obama: Always Wrong, Never In Doubt

b. "....first president since Hoover to never have a single year above 3% GDP growth." Obama economy is 'amazing,' says hedge fund billionaire

I can't hear you!

I had found this

US GDP Growth Rate by Year

1. Here's the difference:
Best Answer: The gross domestic product (GDP) or gross domestic income (GDI) is one of the measures of national income and output for a given country's economy. GDP is defined as the total market value of all final goods and services produced within the country in a given period of time (usually a calendar year). It is also considered the sum of a value added at every stage of production (the intermediate stages) of all final goods and services produced within a country in a given period of time, and it is given a money value.

The most common approach to measuring and understanding GDP is the expenditure method:

GDP = consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exports − imports), or,
GDP = C + I + G + (X-M).

Real GDP

Real GDP is a macroeconomic measure of the size of an economy adjusted for price changes and inflation.

Real GDP measures the output of final goods and services produced, and incomes earned at constant prices. Real GDP = [(Nominal GDP)/(GDP deflator)] x 100

Real GDP for a given year is the given year's nominal GDP stated in the based-year price level. Real GDP growth on an annual basis is the nominal and abnormal GDP growth rate adjusted for inflation and expressed as a percentage.

Because Real GDP is adjusted for changes in prices and inflation throughout the year, it can be thought of in terms of 'purchasing power.'

Real GDP per Capita reflects GDP purchasing power of each individual in the economy.

Real GDP per capita is found by dividing real GDP by the size of the population.

Economic growth

Economic growth is the increase in the amount of the goods and services produced by an economy over time. It is conventionally measured as the percent rate of increase in real gross domestic product, or real GDP. Growth is usually calculated in real terms, i.e. inflation-adjusted terms, in order to net out the effect of inflation on the price of the goods and services produced. In economics, "economic growth" or "economic growth theory" typically refers to growth of potential output, i.e., production at "full employment," which is caused by growth in aggregate demand or observed output.

As an area of study, economic growth is generally distinguished from development economics. The former is primarily the study of how rich countries can advance their economies. The latter is the study of how poor countries can catch up with rich ones.

As economic growth is measured as the annual percent change of gross domestic product (GDP), it has all the advantages and drawbacks of that measure.
Real GDP growth is GDP growth adjusted for price changes. Calculating real prices allows economists to determine if production increased or decreased, regardless of changes in the purchasing power of the currency.
what is GDP? How are they calculated? what are the items considered for GDP?

2. Here's what you were looking for:

2009: -2.8%
2010: 2.5%
2011: 1.6%
2012: 2.2%
2013: 1.5%
2014: 2.4%
2015: 2.4%

3. Hence:
Obama: "....first president since Hoover to never have a single year above 3% GDP growth."Obama economy is 'amazing,' says hedge fund billionaire

QED......never doubt me.

Ann Coulter writes...

First off Ann Coulter is a hack pulp writer.

Secondly, it was of great advantage to Irish immigrants that their Brythonic brethren had been represented in seats of power by the time great waves came here as refugees of the famine--casual discrimination, and economic hardship notwithstanding. They were able to assimilate with relative ease.

Andrew Jackson's parents were immigrants from that land, after all.

1. How would you know? You've never read any of her scholarly best sellers.....
With all that hot air....you should change your avi to 'The Hindenburg'

2. "They were able to assimilate with relative ease."
Strike two.

1. They rose slowly….over generations. Their first successes were in politics. It started in the mid-19th century, and within a few decades, they became dominant in big city “machines” in Boston, New York, and other metropolitan areas.
    1. And while this brought prosperity and prominence to a few, it had little impact on the lives of most Irish-Americans. In the 1890’s most of the men were still laborers, and the women, domestics.
  2. How about the Kennedys? The first arrived in 1848, a laborer. He lived and he died a laborer. Edward Banfield, “The Unheavenly City,” p. 58.
    1. But- his son was successful enough to send the grandson to college. That grandson was Joseph P. Kennedy, and he made a fortune that enabled the great-grandsons to achieve …a certain level of success in politics.
  3. For the Irish, their success took over a century before equality was achieved in income, IQ, occupations, and other socioeconomic indicia.
  4. Note: social acceptance came slowly, and followed achievements, rather than being a precondition.

News flash; the Guilded Age was a shit time for everyone but the rich. Try reading some real history for a change.

1. I teach you real history every day.

2. And something else you should learn from me: I never use vulgarity.
But, then.....I'm not a Liberal/

"My dad was a racist." Hardly a suprise but it's not often quite so bluntly stated. Kudos for honesty.
Limey's are a race....really?

Limey's are a race....really?

Or maybe he got a punch in his mouth for being racist and that's why he hated us.

Revealed: How Britons welcomed black soldiers during WWII, and fought alongside them against racist GIs

Read the book White Cargo, it will tell you everything you need to know about the plight of the Irish in America

White Cargo: The Forgotten History of Britain’s White Slaves in America

KjOIEDCpxsQC

The sum total of the creativity of people like you is how many ways you can come up with to disparage black people.

She didn't disparage black people, douche bag. She disparaged liberalism.

Read the book White Cargo, it will tell you everything you need to know about the plight of the Irish in America

KjOIEDCpxsQC

The sum total of the creativity of people like you is how many ways you can come up with to disparage black people.

To be fair.....Liberalism does quite an adequate job of disparaging itself.

KjOIEDCpxsQC

Your streak of being wrong about everything is unbroken.

Since you want no laws, slavery would become the right of anyone with the power to obtain and keep slaves.

Forum List

Back