The Hatred of the Left

cad

Jul 28, 2010
Dennis Prager

"A related defining characteristic of the left is the ascribing of nefarious motives to conservatives. For the left, a dismissal of conservatives' motives is as important as is dismissal of the conservatives as people. It is close to impossible for almost anyone on the left -- and I mean the elite left, not merely left-wing blogs -- to say "There are good people on both of sides of this issue." From Karl Marx to Frank Rich of The New York Times, this has always been the case.

Why does the left attribute only nefarious motives to those who believe that the Islamic center does not belong near ground zero?

Because leftism holds these beliefs:

1. Those who hold leftist positions are, by definition, better people than their opponents.

2. Those who hold leftist positions have, by definition, pure motives; therefore, the motives of their opponents must be impure."

The Dennis Prager Show

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I think most people aren't haters. I get carried away in the irritation of the moment and use that label when the rhetoric gets hateful.

It's wrong. It just inflames things. Mea Culpa.

ironically, cad posts this under the assumption that muslims, in general, are somehow collectively responsible for 9/11.

cons sure don't grasp irony, do they?

ironically, cad posts this under the assumption that muslims, in general, are somehow collectively responsible for 9/11.

And 1/3 of all cons believe the President is a Muslim despite all facts to the contrary.

Muslims "WERE" responsible for 9/11. What the fuck part of that doesn't sink into your pea brain?

And 1/3 of all cons believe the President is a Muslim despite all facts to the contrary.

I wonder where they got that idea...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY]YouTube - Obama Admits He Is A Muslim[/ame]

Muslims "WERE" responsible for 9/11. What the fuck part of that doesn't sink into your pea brain?

kinda like how "christians" were responsible for butt fucking alter boys, right?

oh.. it's different when you get generalized, isn't it?

I wonder where they got that idea...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY]YouTube - Obama Admits He Is A Muslim[/ame]

Nice LEGAL DISCLAIMER in the video, you fucking texas tard.

:rofl:

:thup:

Dennis Prager

"A related defining characteristic of the left is the ascribing of nefarious motives to conservatives. For the left, a dismissal of conservatives' motives is as important as is dismissal of the conservatives as people. It is close to impossible for almost anyone on the left -- and I mean the elite left, not merely left-wing blogs -- to say "There are good people on both of sides of this issue." From Karl Marx to Frank Rich of The New York Times, this has always been the case.

Why does the left attribute only nefarious motives to those who believe that the Islamic center does not belong near ground zero?

Because leftism holds these beliefs:

1. Those who hold leftist positions are, by definition, better people than their opponents.

2. Those who hold leftist positions have, by definition, pure motives; therefore, the motives of their opponents must be impure."

The Dennis Prager Show

So, only leftists think they're better than opponents? Do rightists think they're worse than their opponents? And do rightists also think their motives are impure and that leftists must be pure?

Radical conservative Muslims were responsible, not liberal ones who progress beyond the fundamentalist Muslim law.

Dennis Prager is an opportunistic-asshole.

He's a bu$ine$$man, just like Porky Limbaugh & Rupert Murdoch.

These are the same people who insist (OTHER) celebrities should keep their politics to themselves, making the (above) three, hypocrites, as well.​

If I only watched Fox news and listened to talk radio I would likely begin to hate myself...

If you're a liberal that would be the point. Fox hates liberals.

I am a liberal in humanistic issues and do not believe that corporations should be unfettered by regulations.

I believe in reasonable regulations.
Humans need them to prevent excessive exploitation of others.
the same reason we have laws.
Regulations are merely laws to ensure corporations behave properly and incorporate properly into our society.

Last edited:

....Making Christians responsible for all the assassinations & bombings....and doctors/nurses murdered.....at clinics, where abortions were available.

(.....And, how can we possibly forget-about Tim McVeigh?)​

Last edited:
The issue stems from people being unable to grasp that a person can have an opposing viewpoint from thier own, and that said person can have good intentions. For a person of leftist leanings that tends to result in thinking the person with the opposite viewpoint is greedy, uncaring and selfish. For a person with rightist leanings it results in thing the person with the opposite viewpoints is unpatriotic, immoral and envious.

Of course there are some issues that having a certian viewpoint really makes you evil, but those are few and far between.

....Making Christians responsible for all the assassinations & bombings....and doctors/nurses murdered.....at clinics, where abortions were available.

(.....And, how can we possibly forget-about Tim McVeigh?)​

you can honestly and in good faith compare 9/11's muslim connection to oklahoma city's christian connection? really? with a straight face?

Forum List

Back