Things On "Your Side" That You Think Deserves Criticism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MarcATL, Aug 24, 2010.

1. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    Based on some recent comments by a fellow poser here, I would like to see who and/or what would be said to criticize on The Left and on The Right.

For instance, I'm an unabashed Leftist, Liberal, Progressive...whatever you want to call it, I accept all of those terms however they do many things that I don't appreciate at all.

For example, they often hold very anti-Christian views, I don't ascribe to that. Although I understand many of their positions.

They often are pro-abortion no matter what, almost preferring it. I don't ascribe to that, I don't want to outlaw it, but I won't promote it. I believe its between the woman, God and her mate.

Most of the stuff I don't like from the Left has to do with their views on morality and God, they tend to mock Christianity, which I don't appreciate. However, their arguments are strong as the majority of people that carry the Christian name in political and public discourse has made a mockery of it. I don't believe many of those that currently self-proclaim to be Christians in the past and present are actually practicing Christianity as taught by Jesus Christ.

Those are some of the criticisms I have to "my own side."

What are yours?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Not all Liberals are progressives. If you don't even know that, you don't know enough for me to waste time responding.... and since I'm not a Republican any more than I am a Democrat, I will happily slam both sides.

3. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,882
    We're too nice and easy going. Whenever we win, we don't do dick to unwind any of the Progressive devastation.

4. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    I don't want to see the right hijacked by evangelical Christians. While I don't think they are anywhere as dangerous as radical Muslims, their agenda could backfire and add even more division in this country. (If that's possible) I don't watch Beck, but my parents say he's getting "way too religious".

5. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    I don't have a "side". I'm a registered Republican who voted for Obama; I could not have voted for McCain after getting to know Palin, and I could not have voted for Hillary under any circumstances....but I digress.

* Obama needs to stop waffling. Support the mosque, don't support the mosque...you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

* Some of his cabinet ministers and advisors are worrisome, to say the least. Hillary, Rahm Emanuel, Robert Gibbs, Eric Holder.....

* I have been less than respectful to christians here on this board. The reasons are complicated, but I have to struggle to maintain equanimity at times.

* Go fucking after BP already. Issue some arrest warrants.

6. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    My biggest criticism about conservatives is that most aren't conservative enough.

7. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    Too broad...please define it.

What is "most aren't conservative enough?"

That's no different than "I believe in the US Constitution" or "I'm an American Patriot." It sounds good...but what does it mean? What do YOU mean?

Notice how I posted specifics.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  8. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Being an "old right conservative" , I must say,the entire neo/social conservative agenda, too much government interference imho.

I don't want government in my wallet but I don't want it in my bedroom or living room either, I don't care for domestic handouts but why should I be forced to pay for foreign handouts ?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  9. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Many supposed conservative politicians cast it all aside in the name of vote getting and power...

Fiscal conservatism has been all but nonexistent in the Republican party, causing much harm to the nation

10. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,624
    the only people i have issues with are the FAR Left and Right.....they can both go to hell.....everyone else have differing opinions and are able to reach a compromise....the FAR Left and Right only see it their way and anyone who doesnt is considered their enemy or Anti-American.....they are two sides of the same Bird....the Left and Right Wings.....and they in their hatred for anyone who dont hold dear what they do are tearing this Country apart....and for the life of me i dont understand why those not in those two factions dont rise up and squash anyone of them who are in politics...the FRINGE should NEVER be allowed to hold a position in Politics were they have an effect on everyone's lives....