The Goddess

Dragon

Sep 16, 2011
This thread is for discussion of the Goddess, the Eternal Feminine, the She-aspect of the divine, the Great Mother.

Almost all religions recognize some version or other of the Goddess. Even ostensibly monotheistic religions with male deities often do this, as the Catholic Church has evolved reverence for Mary. There's a need in the human soul, I believe, to relate to the cosmos personally, and it is natural to do this in the arms of the Mother. An approach to the divine that fails to recognize its feminine side is incomplete and sterile. The Goddess embodies the divine love in a way that is more easily and readily embraced. She inspires to artistic brilliance, compassion, and simple joy more commonly than does the God.

One might in fact not overstate the case too much to say that all of the flaws in religions of the Abrahamic lineage (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) stem from a failure to recognize and adore the Goddess, or to see God as feminine as well as masculine (even where this is done in dusty theology, it is seldom done in imagery or in the heart). If these religions were open to the love of the Lady, they might be far less violent, less intolerant, and less ready to display to the world the frowning face of disapproval.

Goddess in my garden
Sister in my soul
Angel in my armor
Actress in my role

Daughter of a demon lover
Empress of the hidden face
Priestess of the pagan mother
Ancient queen of inner space

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzXH3ZW3Wik]Rush - Animate - YouTube[/ame]

This thread is for discussion of the Goddess, the Eternal Feminine, the She-aspect of the divine, the Great Mother.

Almost all religions recognize some version or other of the Goddess. Even ostensibly monotheistic religions with male deities often do this, as the Catholic Church has evolved reverence for Mary. There's a need in the human soul, I believe, to relate to the cosmos personally, and it is natural to do this in the arms of the Mother. An approach to the divine that fails to recognize its feminine side is incomplete and sterile. The Goddess embodies the divine love in a way that is more easily and readily embraced. She inspires to artistic brilliance, compassion, and simple joy more commonly than does the God.

One might in fact not overstate the case too much to say that all of the flaws in religions of the Abrahamic lineage (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) stem from a failure to recognize and adore the Goddess, or to see God as feminine as well as masculine (even where this is done in dusty theology, it is seldom done in imagery or in the heart). If these religions were open to the love of the Lady, they might be far less violent, less intolerant, and less ready to display to the world the frowning face of disapproval.

You seriously don't know a thing about women do you?

Really- listen to the Rush album "Counterparts". Great treatise on male/female interpersonal relationships.

When did he record that? On his all guys trip to the dominican republic with his doctors Viagrs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterparts_(album)

The year I fell in love with a Wiccan.

A seasoned witch could call you from the depths of your disgrace...

In her white lace, you could clearly see the lady sadly looking...
Saying that she'd take the blame for the crucifiction of her own domain...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIOT8qISH3A]Yes - Close To The Edge Live 1973 (complete) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c6KeQmXnEw]Motley Crue (girls girls girls with lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Women's menstrual cycles follow the movement of the moon.

Put 10 gals together working in an office environment over an extended amount of time and they will eventually menstruate in unison.

Dames are the moon, the stars, and the sun.

Now that's cool bitches.

Diana and Endymion ~ Goddess of the hunt and the shepherd ~ Nicholas Poussin (1630)
Diana-and-Endymion-Poussin-1630.jpg

Not a cunning linguist huh?

It is like evolution, what is good enforces itself over its surrounding.
Women should concentrate on their role which has been successful over thousands of years - and leave being God to men.

The heavens might be big enough for several gods, but within the 4 walls there's only place for one.

Last edited:
Certainly there can be little debate about the fact that the Abrahamic religions are anti-woman.

That is part of the canon of ththe three major religions that sprang from Judeaism.

And FWIW, Judeism probably got that POV from the proto-religions that existed before Abraham.

In primative societies the roles of men and women tend to be clearly defined and strictly enforced and in such as way that we moderns pervceive it as being anti-woman.

HEKATE (or Hecate) was the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts and necromancy. She was the only child of the Titanes Perses and Asteria from whom she received her power over heaven, earth, and sea.

Hekate assisted Demeter in her search for Persephone, guiding her through the night with flaming torches. After the mother-daughter reunion became she Persephone's minister and companion in Haides.

HECATE : Greek goddess of witchcraft, ghosts & magic ; mythology ; pictures : HEKATE

My favorite Goddess is Athena.

She sprang as an adult goddess directly from Zeus' head.

Neat trick, huh?

You are off your medicine. See a doctor.

You see? Just mentioning the sacred concept of the Goddess brings out, in those who are open to Her, a spirit of celebration, humor, music and dance, magic and love. At the same time, those who fear her liberating touch display their gloomiest aspects, which is also a testament to Her power.

In fact, I think I could say that the heart of our most recent Awakening era (1964-1984) was a reawakening of the Goddess. Consider the sexual liberation of the times, the divine intoxication and revival of Dionysian values (Dionysus being a God, of course, but one with notably androgynous aspect), the triumph of gender equality, the new reverence for the Earth. And of course, the expansion of Wicca and other overtly Goddess-based religions.

The Goddess is our hope of love and freedom. Naturally the gray-faced devotees of the slave-gods would drive her back, as they would drive women back into "their place," but against the power of the Goddess awakened they cannot win.

Forum List

Back