The glory that is Aldi.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
09cae563-3a7b-41f3-a0ea-d5b131533c41-Aldi.jpg

Aldi is awesome.

Aldi was German engineered after WW2 to be the most efficient grocery store. You know the Squareheads make good stuff.

Aldi is designed to keep the indecisive mouth breathers out. You want cheese puffs lard ass, we got one kind.

Aldi has excellent prices.

The Aldi cashier is a tier one cashier that will ring up your groceries in record time while sitting down, just because you are working and making money you don't need to be uncomfortable for the sake of being uncomfortable....Just box/bag-up your own shit.

Aldi says fuck your customer service, we don't take phone calls because our employees are too busy serving people who are actually in the damn store.

If you are a grocery store and focus on being only a fucking grocery store, it will make you really good at being a grocery store....Not a bank, not a florist, not a coffee shop, not a custom bakery, a grocery store.

Aldi is #1 in the country, Trader Joe's is #2.

Aldi and Trader Joe's are owned by the same company (kinda), so they are competing with themselves to be #1.

Oh, and if you are too fuckin' stupid to figure out the quarter in the shopping cart thing the world is far better off without you anyway. ;)

Thank you.

09cae563-3a7b-41f3-a0ea-d5b131533c41-Aldi.jpg

Aldi is awesome.

Aldi was German engineered after WW2 to be the most efficient grocery store. You know the Squareheads make good stuff.

Aldi is designed to keep the indecisive mouth breathers out. You want cheese puffs lard ass, we got one kind.

Aldi has excellent prices.

The Aldi cashier is a tier one cashier that will ring up your groceries in record time while sitting down, just because you are working and making money you don't need to be uncomfortable for the sake of being uncomfortable....Just box/bag-up your own shit.

Aldi says fuck your customer service, we don't take phone calls because our employees are too busy serving people who are actually in the damn store.

If you are a grocery store and focus on being only a fucking grocery store, it will make you really good at being a grocery store....Not a bank, not a florist, not a coffee shop, not a custom bakery, a grocery store.

Aldi is #1 in the country, Trader Joe's is #2.

Aldi and Trader Joe's are owned by the same company (kinda), so they are competing with themselves to be #1.

Oh, and if you are too fuckin' stupid to figure out the quarter in the shopping cart thing the world is far better off without you anyway. ;)

Thank you.
Hmmm. Sound nice, and I saw this:

But, I also saw this:
1707599055859.png

My daughter is another Kroger shopper. She called last night to brag, she just filled up with gas for $1.79/Gal, due to her Kroger points.

Aldi's has tremendous prices, and is a good place to shop. But they don't have the selection that Walmart has. Always keep a quarter and bags in your car for Aldi trips.

I’ve been in one… I’ll never go back. There was no organization or pattern to where anything was. It literally looked like it was laid out with a shotgun. It took about 3 minutes and I left the cart and walked out. I’ll never go back.

Looks like it also keeps the easily confused out too
I’m sorry but I walk in… bananas , corn ears and apples on one side of the aisle with boxed cereal on the other side. No obvious organizational pattern to anything in the store. I may not like the pattern of the grocery store I normally shop at, but at least there’s a recognizable pattern.

I go into a grocery store with a list. If I’m going to my normal store the list is sorted so I pick things up moving from one end to the other, never having to backtrack. I’m in and out in 25 minutes, using a live cashier.

I like Publix more because there's fewer blacks in there. Not to mention Publix is like a mile away with no traffic lights.

I rarely shop in the store.

I never cared for Aldi. Stores seemed cramped, dingy,the environment just seems unfriendly.
Of course, I've only been in 2 stores and that was 4 or more years ago.

My ex loves Aldi's.
That tells me all I need to know.

Aldi's pub style pretzels are really good. And so is their take home and bake pizza. I also always get their refrigerated biscuits, which are $1.75 compared to Pillsbury at Publix which is now around $4.00.

There's one of those across the state line, but I'm not gonna pay sales tax based on principle alone, so never went there to see what they have.

I always thought it was a bunch of generic stuff anyway.

I rarely shop in the store.

I never cared for Aldi. Stores seemed cramped, dingy,the environment just seems unfriendly.
Of course, I've only been in 2 stores and that was 4 or more years ago.

My ex loves Aldi's.
That tells me all I need to know.
they are building all new stores around here and they are about 50% bigger,,
and yes the older stors were smaller

Meh. Been to Aldi's and totally unimpressed. Dismal selection, mediocre prices, no bags, nobody in the store knows where anything is. The next time I can get everything I want there will be the first.

I've been bringing my own bags for all my grocery shopping for about ten years.

First time I realized what a good idea what this was was, ironically, at an Aldi in UK.

My new home in the Midwest still has their own bags, but they almost weep from joy to see those of us who use our own. No place in Western Washington, where I moved from, gives their own bags.

There's one of those across the state line, but I'm not gonna pay sales tax based on principle alone, so never went there to see what they have.

I always thought it was a bunch of generic stuff anyway.
almost all of their stuff is boxed by name brand companies,,

a lot of packaging looks just like some of the name brands

Forum List

Back