The glory that is Aldi.

It is easy to have great prices if you only stock those few things and present those few services that you can get dirt cheap.
What, did you think that your ancestors had a huge selection at the general store?

Hell, till they caught/killed the main course they could not even pick a wine to go with it. ;)

I’ve been in one… I’ll never go back. There was no organization or pattern to where anything was. It literally looked like it was laid out with a shotgun. It took about 3 minutes and I left the cart and walked out. I’ll never go back.
The store in my area was no different the only time that I've gone in there. I don't remember recognizing any of the companies that made what was sitting there on the shelves either.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The store in my area was no different the only time that I've gone in there. I don't remember recognizing any of the companies that made what was sitting there on the shelves either.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
if you look at the chips or the canned goods they are major brand labels with just the names changed,
some look just like cambells and others ate delmonte,,
the chips are lays and some of the others

the quality is the same if not better on soem items,,

most of their veg is organic

I’m sorry but I walk in… bananas , corn ears and apples on one side of the aisle with boxed cereal on the other side. No obvious organizational pattern to anything in the store. I may not like the pattern of the grocery store I normally shop at, but at least there’s a recognizable pattern.

I go into a grocery store with a list. If I’m going to my normal store the list is sorted so I pick things up moving from one end to the other, never having to backtrack. I’m in and out in 25 minutes, using a live cashier.
sounds like the problem is you not the store,,

If I want Frosted Flakes I don’t want a white box labeled Flakes or whatever. I want the hard stuff, Kellogs. $5 big box at Walmart. The best (and cheapest) store for staple items. No contest. The freshest, read the expiration dates. No cards reqd, items never marked wrong. Friendly workers all around. Clean new scanners. Ice cold Milk. Close out chocolate cakes.

I go to about five different stores since Obiden 1 caused low cash flow. Safeway, Walmart, Costco the top three. Safeway has cheaper better meats. I am world class level shopper. Its a long story. Too long for here.

If I want Frosted Flakes I dont want a white box labeled Flakes or whatever. I want the hard stuff, Kellogs. $5 box box at Walmart. The best (and cheapest) store for staple items. No contest. The freshest, read the expiiration dates. No cards reqd, items never marked wrong. Friendly workers all around. Clean new scanners. Ice cold Milk. Close out chocolate cakes.

I go to about five different stores since Obiden 1 caused low cash flow. Safeway, Walmart, Costco the top three. Safeway has cheaper better meats. I am world class level shopper. Its a long story. Too long for here.
its pretty clear youve never been in an aldi,,

you should rreally try it sometime,, might take a few visits to get the layout,,

we wont go anywhere else unless we have too,,

if you look at the chips or the canned goods they are major brand labels with just the names changed,

the quality is the same if not better on soem items,,

The mostly organic produce would draw me.

the quality is the same if not better on soem items
Sorry, I don’t buy things that don’t have a brand label on them. I know most are produced by the same companies but I want to know who to sue if something goes wrong.
I don’t eat anything that says “organic” on it. But
sounds like the problem is you not the store,,
Maybe. I go down to Big Y every Saturday afternoon. They have what I want where I can find it at a price I’m willing to pay. Aldi is further away, would take me longer to shop and I doubt I’d save that much. They lose a customer. Not don’t care.

Last edited:
09cae563-3a7b-41f3-a0ea-d5b131533c41-Aldi.jpg

Aldi is awesome.

Aldi was German engineered after WW2 to be the most efficient grocery store. You know the Squareheads make good stuff.

Aldi is designed to keep the indecisive mouth breathers out. You want cheese puffs lard ass, we got one kind.

Aldi has excellent prices.

The Aldi cashier is a tier one cashier that will ring up your groceries in record time while sitting down, just because you are working and making money you don't need to be uncomfortable for the sake of being uncomfortable....Just box/bag-up your own shit.

Aldi says fuck your customer service, we don't take phone calls because our employees are too busy serving people who are actually in the damn store.

If you are a grocery store and focus on being only a fucking grocery store, it will make you really good at being a grocery store....Not a bank, not a florist, not a coffee shop, not a custom bakery, a grocery store.

Aldi is #1 in the country, Trader Joe's is #2.

Aldi and Trader Joe's are owned by the same company (kinda), so they are competing with themselves to be #1.

Oh, and if you are too fuckin' stupid to figure out the quarter in the shopping cart thing the world is far better off without you anyway. ;)

Thank you.
I like ALDI

Their prices are low and I can get in and out quickly

Forum List

Back