The fence we need on our border

Second thread on how some people want the US to be another repressed Arab country.

The nutter RWs need to be careful what they wish for.

How does putting up a fence to keep foreigners out make a country "repressed?"

Where did I say that?

I was responding to what you wrote - that we need THAT fence.

My bet is you want that fence along our southern border where we already have 18500 border patrol agents for 2000 miles.

Right?

You fools still think we have one border and that we don't need to do anything about the others.

Real security on the southern border and an enforced entry/exit system would cure 99% of the problem, but you commies aren't interested in a solution.
Build the damn fence then. I noticed that your boy Bush did not build it.

It was being built under Bush, the dear leader put a stop to it, illegally I might add.

Lets see, we can't get the Republicans to go along with the idea that IF an employer hires an illegal and the employer is caught employing illegals, the CEO goes directly to jail.

That would take away the jobs but the Repubs say we can't do that. Gotta build a fence.

Then lets do this. This fence will cost how many hundreds of billions of dollars? Lets have a special "fence tax" that applies only to Republicans.

You good with that idea briarpatty? I mean someone has to pay for your fucking fence. And I don't want to. Might as well be you and your "friends". Right?
Moron.

Did the CEO hire the illegal?

Lets see...if we can't get the democrats to go along with the idea that if a Democrat President allows illegals to enter the country, he should be jailed for failing to do his duty...

Second thread on how some people want the US to be another repressed Arab country.

Where did I say that?

My bet is you want that fence along our southern border where we already have 18500 border patrol agents for 2000 miles.

Right?

You fools still think we have one border and that we don't need to do anything about the others.

Real security on the southern border and an enforced entry/exit system would cure 99% of the problem, but you commies aren't interested in a solution.

It was being built under Bush, the dear leader put a stop to it, illegally I might add.
That would be known as an opinion. It was not built though.

Moron.

Did the CEO hire the illegal?

What fucking difference does that make? The CEO runs the company. I guess in your fucked up world the CEO's are powerless and can't tell the HR department who to hire and what steps to take to make sure only legal people are hired.

I know you are probably incompetent, but most CEO's are not.

I love the way Luddy and other Leftie nuts do everything possible to deny the truth and try to divert posts into other areas entirely.

The United States of America was founded to create a republic and the executive branch was formed to protect that republic. That means maintaining our borders and supporting the laws on immigration and citizenship.

If it takes a fence to do so, it's a constitutional requirement.

Instead of a fence, I have a better idea. Why not just send all of our money to the Chinese, and ask them to build one for us that was effective as theirs has been? if nothing else, it could someday be a great tourist attraction!

Technology has advanced since the Great Wall was built.

I'm glad to know that technology has eliminated bribery.That's how the Mongols defeated the Chinese Wall.

Where did I say that?

Right?

That would be known as an opinion. It was not built though.

I didn't say it was completed, I said it was being built, which it was. That is not opinion it is fact.

Obama administration ends high-tech border fence - US news - Security NBC News

Of course maobama came up with a thousand excuses to scrap it but it was scrapped.

Instead of a fence, I have a better idea. Why not just send all of our money to the Chinese, and ask them to build one for us that was effective as theirs has been? if nothing else, it could someday be a great tourist attraction!

I'm glad to know that technology has eliminated bribery.That's how the Mongols defeated the Chinese Wall.

You think Border guards are going to take bribes and let illegals through? Why even have immigration at the airport, if that's the case?

You think Border guards are going to take bribes and let illegals through? Why even have immigration at the airport, if that's the case?

People have bribed their way in and out of countries borders for thousands of years. as I said, that is exactly how the Mongols defeated the Chinese wall, and ended up ruling China for centuries. That is also the preferred method of smuggling drugs and human trafficking.

Of course, it is all academic anyway. Anyone with no criminal history can cross the border with a visa and just not go back. 40% of our illegal immigrants are here on expired visa's.

People have bribed their way in and out of countries borders for thousands of years. as I said, that is exactly how the Mongols defeated the Chinese wall, and ended up ruling China for centuries. That is also the preferred method of smuggling drugs and human trafficking.

Of course, it is all academic anyway. Anyone with no criminal history can cross the border with a visa and just not go back. 40% of our illegal immigrants are here on expired visa's.

That means the fence will solve 60% of the problem. You can count the number of people who bribe immigration officials on your toes and fingers.

"The fence we need on our border"

No fence is 'needed.'

The OP's premise is ridiculous, unfounded, unwarranted, and delusional.

Of course we need a fence. Do you expect us to trust Democrats to control the border?

That means the fence will solve 60% of the problem. You can count the number of people who bribe immigration officials on your toes and fingers.

Simplistic people seek simplistic solutions to complex problems. For example, a simplistic solution to illegal immigration is to build a fence for billions of dollars, and that will solve 60% of the illegal immigrant problem. The truth is that, instead of blocking 60% of illegal immigrants, a major new industry of forged identity papers would be created in Mexico overnight, which would allow thousands more to successfully apply for, and receive visa's from the USA. Another simplistic solution would be to "seal the border", which would cost both countries billions in trade, which would reverberate through our economy. The train that rolls up the Santa Cruz river valley every other night loaded with new Fords made in Mexico would stop, for example, which would definitely make Ford stockholders, including myself, unhappy. Billions of dollars change hands between the USA, Mexico, and the cruise ship industry, which would be wiped out.

I am amazed that in an age when an entire army can be transported half way around the world in order to totally destroy countries like Germany and japan, back in 1945, there are still people who think that we can solve the problem of illegal aliens by building a fence. It is equivalent to me saying that if I put a split rail fence in around my front yard, I will never have to worry about a terrorist throwing a hang grenade through my window.

Cut Lud some slack...he just isn't too bright.

None of these jokers are very bright. Their claims about how easy it would be to get into the country by other means are so full of holes you could strain spaghetti with them. The real reason they are opposed to the fence is because they know it would work, and keeping illegals out is exactly the opposite of what they want.

Cut Lud some slack...he just isn't too bright.

None of these jokers are very bright. Their claims about how easy it would be to get into the country by other means are so full of holes you could strain spaghetti with them. The real reason they are opposed to the fence is because they know it would work, and keeping illegals out is exactly the opposite of what they want.

Bri, I live 30 miles from Mexico. I personally cross the border about every 6 weeks. I have never even bothered to get a passport. I just show my driver's license. I am allowed to bring one liter bottle of Gentlemen Jack over duty free with me per trip. Only once in 5 years have they ever even looked in my bag to tell if I am lying about the amount I declared. Anybody who thinks that Mexicans have to walk for four days through the desert to get over the border simply has not been down here. They hide behind false walls in produce 18 wheelers. They hide in minivans with no rear windows. They ride in freight cars of trains. They dig tunnels in downtown Nogales. You think that spending billions on a 3,000 mile fence is going to stop someone from buying forged passport papers, and walk across a check point? You've been watching WAY too much Fox News.

Where did I say that?

Right?

Yes, we need that fence. You see, the good thing about a fence is that if a new administration comes to power it can't just decide to make it disappear like it can with human enforcement of the border. Furthermore, the fence will keep out 99% of all illegal immigrants, not 50% like current enforcement methods do.
No, a fence will do no such thing. They will still come across, underground, by boat, in trucks through those checkpoints or by paying off the border agents.

Take away the rood cause - the INCENTIVE to be here and you solve the problem.
The root cause is that there is work to be done here, and about half of America thinks they are too good to do that work.

Cut off easy access to the dependent life, and things would change as illegals were run out of the country for lack of jobs formerly dependent people would have to take in order to eat.
Now THAT is starting to become a real solution. Cut off the benifits and do not allow employment and you will have the jobs problem go away.

Deal with the drug runners by legalizing it (already happening) though I suspect that you find that solution less palatable.

That's a stupid fucking idea. FACT these lawless criminal illegals are pouring across our southern border KILLING our kids with meth and you want to legalize this? WTF
Yup, because those laws are stopping no one from using drugs.

I know, the very idea of freedom over your own life is currently unheard of here. I don't need the government to be my nanny and tell me what I can and cannot consume. The 'its for the kids' argument is tired and old. Lots of things are perfectly legal for a consenting adult that are not acceptable for children.

Yes, we need that fence. You see, the good thing about a fence is that if a new administration comes to power it can't just decide to make it disappear like it can with human enforcement of the border. Furthermore, the fence will keep out 99% of all illegal immigrants, not 50% like current enforcement methods do.
No, a fence will do no such thing. They will still come across, underground, by boat, in trucks through those checkpoints or by paying off the border agents.

Take away the rood cause - the INCENTIVE to be here and you solve the problem.
The root cause is that there is work to be done here, and about half of America thinks they are too good to do that work.

Cut off easy access to the dependent life, and things would change as illegals were run out of the country for lack of jobs formerly dependent people would have to take in order to eat.
Now THAT is starting to become a real solution. Cut off the benifits and do not allow employment and you will have the jobs problem go away.

Deal with the drug runners by legalizing it (already happening) though I suspect that you find that solution less palatable.

That's a stupid fucking idea. FACT these lawless criminal illegals are pouring across our southern border KILLING our kids with meth and you want to legalize this? WTF
Yup, because those laws are stopping no one from using drugs.

I know, the very idea of freedom over your own life is currently unheard of here. I don't need the government to be my nanny and tell me what I can and cannot consume. The 'its for the kids' argument is tired and old. Lots of things are perfectly legal for a consenting adult that are not acceptable for children.

What part of Meth is killing our kids didn't get through your thick skull?

I'm not worried about drugs. I'm worried about large explosives. A fence would restrict the ease of getting it across our border. That is simply a fact.
I'm not worried about illegal immigration much. If someone wants to get into this nation or your house, they will be able to do so with varying degrees of success. Unless we're prepared to line up soldiers shoulder to shoulder on every inch of border space, we are open to someone getting across.

But it just makes sense to secure your property...always has and always will...to the best of your capabilities.

Forum List

Back