The fence we need on our border

No, a fence will do no such thing. They will still come across, underground, by boat, in trucks through those checkpoints or by paying off the border agents.

Take away the rood cause - the INCENTIVE to be here and you solve the problem.
The root cause is that there is work to be done here, and about half of America thinks they are too good to do that work.

Cut off easy access to the dependent life, and things would change as illegals were run out of the country for lack of jobs formerly dependent people would have to take in order to eat.
Now THAT is starting to become a real solution. Cut off the benifits and do not allow employment and you will have the jobs problem go away.

Deal with the drug runners by legalizing it (already happening) though I suspect that you find that solution less palatable.

That's a stupid fucking idea. FACT these lawless criminal illegals are pouring across our southern border KILLING our kids with meth and you want to legalize this? WTF
Yup, because those laws are stopping no one from using drugs.

I know, the very idea of freedom over your own life is currently unheard of here. I don't need the government to be my nanny and tell me what I can and cannot consume. The 'its for the kids' argument is tired and old. Lots of things are perfectly legal for a consenting adult that are not acceptable for children.

What part of Meth is killing our kids didn't get through your thick skull?
What part of the fact that it is illegal and those laws are doing NOTHING to 'save' those children is not getting through YOUR thick skull

The war on 'drugs' is one of the largest and more asinine governmental power grabs in modern history and here you are supporting just that and at the same time ignoring the fact that we are one of the most grossly drugged nations on the planet. A lot of good those laws are doing.

The root cause is that there is work to be done here, and about half of America thinks they are too good to do that work.

Cut off easy access to the dependent life, and things would change as illegals were run out of the country for lack of jobs formerly dependent people would have to take in order to eat.
Now THAT is starting to become a real solution. Cut off the benifits and do not allow employment and you will have the jobs problem go away.

Deal with the drug runners by legalizing it (already happening) though I suspect that you find that solution less palatable.

That's a stupid fucking idea. FACT these lawless criminal illegals are pouring across our southern border KILLING our kids with meth and you want to legalize this? WTF

I know, the very idea of freedom over your own life is currently unheard of here. I don't need the government to be my nanny and tell me what I can and cannot consume. The 'its for the kids' argument is tired and old. Lots of things are perfectly legal for a consenting adult that are not acceptable for children.

What part of the fact that it is illegal and those laws are doing NOTHING to 'save' those children is not getting through YOUR thick skull

The war on 'drugs' is one of the largest and more asinine governmental power grabs in modern history and here you are supporting just that and at the same time ignoring the fact that we are one of the most grossly drugged nations on the planet. A lot of good those laws are doing.

Your brilliant plan is to legalize the very drugs killing our kids, that's the poster child for stupid.

Second thread on how some people want the US to be another repressed Arab country.

The nutter RWs need to be careful what they wish for.

How does putting up a fence to keep foreigners out make a country "repressed?"

Saudi Arabia is one of the most repressive governments in the world. And one of the wealthiest.

Looking around, I can find no estimate for the cost of that fence- and I realize that for many Conservatives they cannot tell the difference between illegal aliens and islamic terrorists looking to establish an Islamic caliphate......

But I have always been for a stronger border. How much money are you willing to spend on it? How much would you be willing to pay in extra taxes for that specific wall? Because this isn't Saudi Arabia- we don't have King who can just decide to spend his oil money on the wall.

Your brilliant plan is to legalize the very drugs killing our kids, that's the poster child for stupid.

Sigh.

Read an interesting report just a few days ago on how the Mexican cartels have gotten almost entirely out of pot smuggling because legal and semi-legal pot in the U.S. has removed the profit incentive- now they focus on meth and heroin.

Our drug war against marijuana just enriched criminals. And put lots of people in prison.

Tell me- how many lives did our drug war on marijuana save? We spent billions on that war- surely we have a figure on how many Americans that it saved from drug deaths?

Sigh.

Read an interesting report just a few days ago on how the Mexican cartels have gotten almost entirely out of pot smuggling because legal and semi-legal pot in the U.S. has removed the profit incentive- now they focus on meth and heroin.

Our drug war against marijuana just enriched criminals. And put lots of people in prison.

Tell me- how many lives did our drug war on marijuana save? We spent billions on that war- surely we have a figure on how many Americans that it saved from drug deaths?
You forgot to add killed TONS of people as the cartels warred with each other and killed people for non-payment.

Making a substance illegal worked so well with alcohol, lol. Sometimes people refuse to look at a subject objectively.

Forum List

Back