The false claim that Senate Republicans ‘plan to end Social Security and Medicare’

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
They never fail to scare seniors with this crap!

1664319612204.png

“Republicans plan to end Social Security and Medicare if they take back the Senate.”

— Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.), in a tweet, Sept. 25

When an election campaign enters its final weeks, year after year, both political parties rely on familiar themes to attack their opponents.

For Republicans, it’s crime and immigration. For Democrats, it’s Social Security and Medicare.

Murray, who has been in the Senate since 1993, is running against Republican Tiffany Smiley. Murray’s tweet is a succinct example of what we called “Mediscare” attacks — an effort to warn seniors that Republicans will take away their hard-earned benefits. Indeed, the rest of the tweet stated: “Washington seniors who have spent their lives paying into these programs deserve better — and I’ll keep fighting to make sure they get it.”

It's ironic that the party that comes out and says we want to strengthen it would Garner a huge advantage. But neither does. Running on getting rid of either results in a loss. This fact gives people hope

View attachment 702352
“Republicans plan to end Social Security and Medicare if they take back the Senate.”

I have been using VA medical care for a service connected disability for a number of years. I never had a problem with it until Biden and the democrats pushed the PACT act that was supposed to expand VA healthcare. Since that passage, I have been unable to access the VA healthcare website on a consistent basis. I spoke for two and a half hours with a support person last evening trying to get it straightened out and I am no closer now than I was when I called. Difficult to reorder Rx, speak to my healthcare team or access benefits. Additionally, instead of the usual three week wait for an appointment--the current wait time is four months. Biden and the democrats fuck up everything they touch. It is quite transparent that they are attempting to discourage use. The support person that I spoke to told me that the problem with the website was "the government" and that I was correct in my assumption that they were trying to discourage use. Don't let the democrats touch social security. Come on Nov. 8.

Why don't either party run on making these great programs even more lucrative for people? Hundreds of millions will benefit from them. The country cannot survive without them

That conservative political dogma is hostile to Social Security and Medicare is a fact settled, accepted, and beyond dispute.

According to that dogma, Social Security and Medicare are un-Constitutional and represent wasteful government excess and overreach, that citizens alone should be responsible for planning for their retirement, and that working Americans and taxpayers shouldn’t be compelled to support those who fail to plan for retirement.

If Republicans had the votes in Congress and knew they’d not suffer any political consequences or backlash, they would in fact end both programs.

Why don't either party run on making these great programs even more lucrative for people? Hundreds of millions will benefit from them. The country cannot survive without them
They are too busy giving relief to student deadbeats that refuse to live up to their commitments to pay off the loans that they agreed to.

View attachment 702352

They lie. The "media" lie. The politicians lie.

It is safe to say that whenever a pair of demo-left lips are moving, they are lying.

And they want you in a state of constant fear. You're stupid and malleable when you are afraid.

That conservative political dogma is hostile to Social Security and Medicare is a fact settled, accepted, and beyond dispute.

According to that dogma, Social Security and Medicare are un-Constitutional and represent wasteful government excess and overreach, that citizens alone should be responsible for planning for their retirement, and that working Americans and taxpayers shouldn’t be compelled to support those who fail to plan for retirement.

If Republicans had the votes in Congress and knew they’d not suffer any political consequences or backlash, they would in fact end both programs.
Meanwhile, back in the real world, they never have, but you need fear to win elections -- that and cheating

Forum List

Back