The entire coal industry employs fewer people than Arby’s

Sure we do, but you lefties shit on nuclear too, so, coal it is.

Solar isn't there yet, neither is wind.
Spain is using solar and wind now. Why is the US so far behind? Instead of over paying coal miners, we should be putting our money into developing clean energy. Are you aware of the horrific problem with air pollution in India now? That's a result of coal. Yep, people are dying from the air pollution because of coal.

Renewable energy in Spain - Wikipedia

Sounds like a train wreck, not a model to follow.

Sure, in the shitty Third World. NOt our fault, and nothing to do with US.
If you think Spain is the 3rd world, you are really ignorant: truly, deeply, very very deeply ignorant.
. You used India, and that was highly ignorant.
Using coal is ignorant. Clinging to Rhino ideas about power sources is ignorant.
. In the leftist world maybe, but the left doesn't control the world, and hopefully never will.

Spain is using solar and wind now. Why is the US so far behind? Instead of over paying coal miners, we should be putting our money into developing clean energy. Are you aware of the horrific problem with air pollution in India now? That's a result of coal. Yep, people are dying from the air pollution because of coal.

If you think Spain is the 3rd world, you are really ignorant: truly, deeply, very very deeply ignorant.
. You used India, and that was highly ignorant.
Using coal is ignorant. Clinging to Rhino ideas about power sources is ignorant.

Calling it "rino" is utterly stupid.

We have other better sources for producing electricity, ones that don't pollute the environment, and we should be developing those. You RWrs go on and on about Rinos, well only a Rino would hold on to outdated ideas such as coal.

Sorry, I meant to specify that the final statement was directed at your concerns about India.

I'm surprised that that was not obvious to you, in the context of your post.

Anyway, my points about both, stand.

Sure, in India, ie the shitty Third World. NOt our fault, and nothing to do with US.[
It will be like the 3rd world if we cling to archiac ideas about how to manage our society and resources. If we are deregulated in myriad ways, which seems to be on Trump's agenda.
Donald Trump has managed to deconstruct 90 state regulations in a month

Last edited:

Sorry, I meant to specify that the final statement was directed at your concerns about India.

Sure, in India, ie the shitty Third World. NOt our fault, and nothing to do with US.[
It will be like the 3rd world if we cling to archiac ideas about how to manage our society and resources. If we are deregulated, which seems to be on Trump's agenda.

Nothing about NOT actively trying to suppress coal, will be "like the 3rd world".

Coal is a cheap and easy source of energy, which funnels a lot of money into certain poor rural areas.

THe police I know are pretty well paid, and deservingly so. imo, firefighters should be paid more.

Coal currently produces 40% of the world's electricity and we need that.

As you read this on your computer built with and operated with electricity.
We have other better sources for producing electricity, ones that don't pollute the environment, and we should be developing those. You RWrs go on and on about Rinos, well only a Rino would hold on to outdated ideas such as coal.

She's dumb as a cardboard box, but she's right here. Spain is no 3rd-world country.

She's dumb as a cardboard box, but she's right here. Spain is no 3rd-world country.

It was an editing error. I meant that as a reference to India.

It will be like the 3rd world if we cling to archiac ideas about how to manage our society and resources. If we are deregulated, which seems to be on Trump's agenda.
. Listen, most of the change we see today is an attempt to fool us all, and to fatten someone's bank account big time before a few years down the road the idea or tech goes belly up. Meanwhile millions or billions end up disappearing in the situations. How about us relying upon the proven technologies we already have, and allow a very thoughtful yet slow change to take place before we continue to lose our Aces off in these failed bullcrap attempts to replace what we know already works ? And stay on the look out for wealth redistribution scams in all of the bullcrap also.

`
`

Everybody I know in the energy business is talking "renewables" and "green". Investors are piling money into that, not coal. I've even invested a chunk into that. Coal is an anachronism, slowly on its way out.
`

It will be like the 3rd world if we cling to archiac ideas about how to manage our society and resources. If we are deregulated in myriad ways, which seems to be on Trump's agenda.
Donald Trump has managed to deconstruct 90 state regulations in a month
. All the progress this country has made, and with the proven technologies we have developed, and now you leftist are saying we are going to regress into third world status if we continue to use our proven technologies while adding more as we continue to progress ?? Buhahahawaha..

`
`

Everybody I know in the energy business is talking "renewables" and "green". Investors are piling money into that, not coal. I've even invested a chunk into that. Coal is an anachronism, slowly on its way out.
`
. Everybody you know including yourself might be fixing to get the trouncing of your lifetime or rather your wallets will.

`
`

`

They are investing on the assumptions of massive government support.

Coal is 40% of the world's electricity.

Even if it is, slowly on the way out, it could take generations.

`
`

`

. Hey, just research the failed clean energy attempt of building two new nuclear reactors down in South Carolina. I think it was 10 years and 9 billion dollars lost in according to the world news. That's 9 BILLION with a B.

`
`

`

. Hey, just research the failed clean energy attempt of building two new nuclear reactors down in South Carolina. I think it was 10 years and 9 billion dollars lost in according to the world news. That's 9 BILLION with a B.

Without looking, I assume most of the issues were political and "legal"?

The entire coal industry employs fewer people than Arby’s

“Like promoting tobacco at a cancer summit.”

coal_jobs.png

If anything the numbers above over-estimate the jobs impact of coal relative to other industries. Since 2014 the coal industry has shrunk further according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, to 50,300 employees as of February 2017.

--------------------
Protesters sing disdain for US climate policy at UN climate talks
----------------------

What made me look this up was a discussion where they said when the US/Trump coal contingent got up to speak about the benefits of 18th century coal technology, the entire room of hundreds walked out.

I remember when the US used to be the world leader in so many areas. I would like say it was years ago, but it was only last year. The right wing says "good", but the rest of the US feels it's tragic.

The Hussein did his job well, shutting down 400 coal mines and 83,000 coal jobs lost.

Obama Kept His Promise, 83,000 Coal Jobs Lost And 400 Mines Shuttered
And yet, energy is so cheap.

The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal Won’t Cut It

Too late for the GOP to stop it now. We simply won't go back to the 18th century.

And yet, energy is so cheap.

Despite Obama's attempts to reduce our drilling.

Too late for the GOP to stop it now.

The GOP wasn't trying to stop fracking, that was Obama and the Dems.

To be fair, more people deal with Arby's on a retail basis than coal companies.

The average salary of a coal worker is $75,000 per annum

The average salary of a fast food worker is $16,500 per annum.

So....
If that is their salary, the coal miners are way over paid.

It's is a dangerous, hard job that provides vast benefit to society.

How are they overpaid?
Being a policeman or fireman are also very dangerous occupations, and they provide far, far more benefit to society than coal miners. In fact, just what benefit to society do you imagine coal miners provide? We don't even need coal anymore.

THe police I know are pretty well paid, and deservingly so. imo, firefighters should be paid more.

Coal currently produces 40% of the world's electricity and we need that.

As you read this on your computer built with and operated with electricity.
We have other better sources for producing electricity, ones that don't pollute the environment, and we should be developing those. You RWrs go on and on about Rhinos, well only a Rhino would hold on to outdated ideas such as coal.

Where I live now, Spain, 47 percent of electricity comes solely from renewable sources, as opposed to 15% in the US. Most of the renewable electricity being generated in Spain comes from wind. Between solar and wind, the world doesn't need to use coal at all. Only Rhinos cling to the old, damaging ways of doing things.

And don't give me the typical RW crap about not living in the US: about 9 million US citizens live outside the US, and we have as much right to care about and be involved in US issues as any other US citizen. I lived in the US for 51 years, btw, probably longer than you have.

We have other better sources for producing electricity, ones that don't pollute the environment, and we should be developing those.

But Greens and watermelons hate nuclear more than they hate coal.

Where I live now, Spain, 47 percent of electricity comes solely from renewable sources

Yes, I heard about the massive waste involved with Spain's recent push for renewables.
Heard it cost billions with many lost jobs.

Forum List

Back