The big eco lie: Solar panels produce five TIMES more carbon dioxide than previously thought, report claims

You idiot trees ABSORB carbon dioxide. A single average tree ABSORBS 48 pounds of carbon dioxide per year and RELEASES Oxygen. Only when trees start to decompose do they release carbon dioxide.

But to put your lol 40 tons of Carbon dioxide in perspective (I mean I hope you didnt think each tree emits 40 tons of CO2 per year that's even dumber than my original assumption of what you said), the US in 2021 released 5,586,000,000 metric tons of CO2 into the atmosphere. That's just the United States. Even if your number was correct, it's infinitely small when compared to how much is released by industry, transportation, and the power grid.

What in the hell is wrong with you people?
You are uneducated.
Natural sources of CO2 dwarf manmade sources...always have.

actually does both (since photosynthesis reverses at night. ) in the summer more foliage converts more co2 to o2. excess leaves fall off as the days grow shorter.

as for "these people," well, what do you expect?
But it's releasing a small amount of WHAT IT TAKES IN. It's not like trees are creating CO2 from scratch like a factory does. It's not PRODUCING CO2 like that idiot said in this post, trees are releasing part of what they take in. If it werent for trees, this planet would have gone to shit a long time ago. The person I replied to is implying that trees are also a cause of the CO2 excess in the atmosphere, which is the furthest thing from the truth.

You are uneducated.
Natural sources of CO2 dwarf manmade sources...always have.
You idiot trees arent creating CO2 like a factory they are releasing a fraction of the CO2 they TAKE IN. Trees are not a SOURCE. Get that through your thick skull. It's called respiration and it does happen at night like that other guy said.

You idiot trees arent creating CO2 like a factory they are releasing a fraction of the CO2 they TAKE IN. Trees are not a SOURCE. Get that through your thick skull. It's called respiration and it does happen at night like that other guy said.
The ocean is by far the largest source of CO2..doofus

But it's releasing a small amount of WHAT IT TAKES IN. It's not like trees are creating CO2 from scratch like a factory does. It's not PRODUCING CO2 like that idiot said in this post, trees are releasing part of what they take in. If it werent for trees, this planet would have gone to shit a long time ago. The person I replied to is implying that trees are also a cause of the CO2 excess in the atmosphere, which is the furthest thing from the truth.

oh, absolutely. If i have not called justoffal an idiot a few times in thus thread it has been an oversight

The ocean is by far the largest source of CO2..doofus
YOu're an idiot. Oceans pre industrial age were a net emitter of CO2. Since the industrial age, oceans are now a net ABSORBER of CO2. This has resulted in ocean acidification.

Do you just make this stuff up or what? It's like you purposely think everything is the opposite of reality.

YOu're an idiot. Oceans pre industrial age were a net emitter of CO2. Since the industrial age, oceans are now a net ABSORBER of CO2. This has resulted in ocean acidification.

Do you just make this stuff up or what? It's like you purposely think everything is the opposite of reality.
this is the problem. as the acidification and heat kill the phytoplankton, all the trees on earth won't equal the losses. i don't think justoffal is making this up, but he sure is disinformed.

My Dude... The first solar voltaic cell was invented in the 1800s.
And?
Solar panel efficiency has effectively increased from 14% to 22% in 63 years.

Sure, there are exotic solar cells that are 47% efficient...but they are so astronomically expensive to manufacture they are currently completely dismissed as viable.

No idea what you were reading, but your source says:

Cost of solar panels over time: a tale of falling prices​

Over a decade ago, in 2009, the cost of a solar panel installation was $8.50 per watt. The solar industry today looks very different: in addition to solar panel efficiency increasing dramatically, solar panel producers have significantly improved their manufacturing processes. Solar installers, too, can deploy solar PV across the United States more efficiently now than they could ten years ago. The result: the price of solar has fallen dramatically, to just $2.77/watt.

There’s evidence that solar prices are continuing to fall. Prices featured in quotes to homeowners on the EnergySage Solar Marketplace continue to fall:

Solar panel cost over time​

Solar cost H2 2021

The price decreases over the past ten years are a major reason why homeowners are increasingly interested in installing solar panels.

this is the problem. as the acidification and heat kill the phytoplankton, all the trees on earth won't equal the losses. i don't think justoffal is making this up, but he sure is disinformed.
He "just" makes fresh "offal" every day. You don't understand. He's from another time and absolutely will not stop.. ever.. until.. He'll reach down our throats and rip our hearts out! Sarah? Hello? Professor? Yes? Is Kyle crazy?

You idiot trees ABSORB carbon dioxide. A single average tree ABSORBS 48 pounds of carbon dioxide per year and RELEASES Oxygen. Only when trees start to decompose do they release carbon dioxide.

But to put your lol 40 tons of Carbon dioxide in perspective (I mean I hope you didnt think each tree emits 40 tons of CO2 per year that's even dumber than my original assumption of what you said), the US in 2021 released 5,586,000,000 metric tons of CO2 into the atmosphere. That's just the United States. Even if your number was correct, it's infinitely small when compared to how much is released by industry, transportation, and the power grid.

What in the hell is wrong with you people?

Where did you get your 5 gazillion tons number from? Globalclimatewarmingchange.org?
Hahahahaahahahahaah!

Others have pointed out the same disconnect from reality over these Chinese mad solar panels.

People would rather believe fantasy than facts, though.

Meanwhile selling ourselves to China over a false claim of man made climate change.

Solar panels release five times more carbon dioxide than previously thought, according to a new report.
An Italian researcher made the claims after finding a database that world institutions use to calculate global carbon footprint projections omits emissions from China, which produces 80 percent of solar panels worldwide.
China is known to use coal-burning plants in manufacturing, which has dropped the price of technology for Americans and other Western countries.
Without data from China, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) claims the solar photovoltaic (PV) industry emissions are 48 gCO2/kWh.
However, the new analysis suggests that the number is closer to 170 and 250 gCO2/kWh - 62.5 percent as much carbon dioxide emissions as natural gas electricity generation.
The report was prepared by Italian researcher Enrico Mariutti, who identified a discrepancy in Ecoinvent's data two years ago.
'If I use the standard variables for LCA [life cycle analysis] of PV energy, I arrive at a carbon intensity estimate similar to those of other studies: around 100 gCO2/kWh, Mariutti told DailyMail.com.
'However, those studies omit five crucial variables: methane emissions, albedo, grid upgrades, storage and transport. When included, the estimate drastically increases.'
Robbie Andrew, a researcher at the Center for International Climate Research in Oslo, told the Wall Street Journal in 2021: 'If China didn't have access to coal, then solar power wouldn't be cheap now.
'Is it OK that we've had this huge bulge of carbon emissions from China because it allowed them to develop all these technologies really cheaply?'

This is the trouble with the left with all of their policies, not just the green ones. They just don't think things through. If it sounds good then do it, don't waste time thinking it through first.

Forum List

Back