• no

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • undecided

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Summary of the bill?

What are the consequences of me supporting it/not supporting it?

This is an attempt to block what the fearmongers call "Frankenfoods". Genetically modified agriculture (GMA). Bug-resistant corn, say. Square tomatoes. The Annoying Orange...

What they do not realize is that all food has been genetically modified by farmers and cattle raisers for millennia.

The bit about your DNA being patented is a diversion. This is about banning GMA.

Last edited:
Summary of the bill?

This is an attempt to block what the fearmongers call "Frankenfoods". Genetically modified agriculture (GMA). Bug-resistant corn, say. Square tomatoes. The Annoying Orange...

What they do not realize is that all food has been genetically modified by farmers and cattle raisers for millennia.

The bit about your DNA being patented is a diversion. This is about banning GMA.

Far as I know "GMA" is a TV show that a friend of mine started. Nobody's banning Good Morning America.

No, farmers haven't been modifying genes. They don't have that ability. Seed selection is not "modifying genes". You need to do some homework.

There is a difference between selecting seeds and genetically modifying plants.

genetically modification and the ownership of the resulting genes has put wheat production in Canada at the mercy of the agri companies that own the genes. Once the farmers field is crosspollinated with the propriatary gene, and it infects his field, he is then legally unable to save the seeds, but must purchase new seeds or face lawsuits.

Yes, if Monsanto ever pays the government enough to get legislation to release the moratorium on their terminator seeds, sending them into our environment, heaven help us...

Horse shit. When will nature ever naturally combine salmon DNA with soybeans? Never. And when would nature EVER narurally combine petrochemical insecticides / entirely different species DNA and / or foreign fungicides into corn or cotton? Answer... NEVER.

Last edited:
Summary of the bill?

Far as I know "GMA" is a TV show that a friend of mine started. Nobody's banning Good Morning America.

No, farmers haven't been modifying genes. They don't have that ability. Seed selection is not "modifying genes". You need to do some homework.

Yes, farmers have been modifying genes for millenia. Yellow corn was created through an unnatural selection process. They just didn't use a test tube to do it. It is still selecting desirable traits in food, and that can only be accomplished by manipulating the DNA of food. Just because they didn't know what DNA was does not mean they were not modifying it. They were.

And you need to read the bill. This is about more than seeds. It's all about banning Frankenfoods.

This ACT does hereby prohibit live genetically engineered and or genetically modified plants

"Genetically engineered" plants and food are just an acceleration of the process that farmers have been doing for thousands of years. Instead of creating a square tomato over several generations of planting, you do it more quickly in the lab.

Last edited:

Yes, farmers have been modifying genes for millenia. Yellow corn was created through an unnatural selection process. They just didn't use a test tube to do it. It is still selecting desirable traits in food, and that can only be accomplished by manipulating the DNA of food. Just because they didn't know what DNA was does not mean they were not modifying it. They were.

And you need to read the bill. This is about more than seeds. It's all about banning Frankenfoods.

This ACT does hereby prohibit live genetically engineered and or genetically modified plants

"Genetically engineered" plants and food are just an acceleration of the process that farmers have been doing for thousands of years. Instead of creating a square tomato over several generations of planting, you do it more quickly in the lab.

If you can't read my post, you should read the three after it. Again for you slow readers, selection is not genetic modification. A farmer cannot engineer his own wheat seeds to include an ocelot gene. Nor can he engineer it to be sterile so that he has to come back to himself hat in hand next year to buy more and keep himself at the level of sharecropper. Nor can he sue his neighbor because the wind blew pollen from his seeds over there and bleed the neighbor dry.

Yes, it is about Frankenfoods. They must die. Some fascist chemical company in Saint Fucking Louis is not going to play God on my planet just because they greased some politicians pockets.

g5000, its not how you have stated, but depending on people thinking its how you have stated is one of the mechanisms employed by those who seek central control over you and your food source and your genetics and your evolution.
Your corn comparison shows a complete lack of understanding of this technology and I very strongly suggest you study up on this before you willingly surrender the gene pool we all swim in to clearly bias corporate interests and devices.

Here are some questions that I jotted down that I think we should all be asking ourselves about this issue and how it relates to every other issue we face in my opinion.

Hitler's entire dream was based on genetic superiority.
What would Hitler have done with the genetic engineering capabilities of today's technology?
Now imagine all the corporate mechanisms of control that exist in America and how such has been used over the years to bring even more centralized control.
Now imagine what those same corps and their puppet govs will do with genetic engineering technology?
IBM and Bayer and DuPont etc are the same corps that were in business with Hitler and were in full support of his dream of a master race.
Now IBM et al wants us all to help them 'build a smarter planet'...if anyone can add 2 + 2 then they should be able to add up whats going on with genetic engineering.
Some folks in America it seems can only see a Pollyanna version or piece of the picture that suits them such as how such technology could help us all, but unless put into the context of who's developing the technology and for what, such a view is like seeing the toe of a beast yet remaining blind to the rest of the body, especially the hungry mouth.
Its one thing to wish for good, but in this case its more like wishing for a less painful way to be eaten.

American supporters of the European Fascists

IBM and the Holocaust - Home Page

Monsanto et al's continuing efforts to et al:

New farm bill gives Monsanto carte blanche - Massive public outcry necessary to stop the legislation from passing into law

Meet Monsanto's number one lobbyist: Barack Obama

This is the work of left-wing wacko Luddites. Outlawing genetically modified foods is pure idiocy.

Summary of the bill?

Some one else (Monsanto, AMGEN) can PATENT your DNA and make you pay exorbitant prices for Gene Therapy or whatever else later on.

Oh you don't think your DNA can be Patented? "Google" it, I dare ya'!

The bill does far more than prevent Monsanto from patenting your genes. It prevents any genetically modified organism from existing in the state of California. It's the work of wackos who want to outlaw genetically modified foods.

Summary of the bill?

Sure they do. Breeding is a way to modify the genes of a species. It just takes a lot longer than genetic engineering.

Yes, if Monsanto ever pays the government enough to get legislation to release the moratorium on their terminator seeds, sending them into our environment, heaven help us...

"Terminator seeds?" You're obviously a nutburger. can you name one person who has ever been "terminated" by any of these seeds?

This is the work of left-wing wacko Luddites. Outlawing genetically modified foods is pure idiocy.

lol well being that this is the work of only one individual = me, and being that I certainly could not be identified on any scale as a "left-wing wacko Luddites", and being that the proposal in no way would be "Outlawing genetically modified foods", it seems that everything about your comment is a view point based on assumptions rooted in pure ignorants.
That all being said, how in the world can you trust your own opinion about this subject at this point in your awareness?

Last edited:

lol well being that this is the work of only one individual = me, and being that I certainly could not be identified on any scale as a "left-wing wacko Luddites", and being that the proposal in no way would be "Outlawing genetically modified foods", it seems that everything about your comment is a view point based on assumptions rooted in pure ignorants.
That all being said, how in the world can you trust your own opinion about this subject at this point in your awareness?

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck. You're a obviously a wacko modern day Luddite who fears what you obviously don't understand.

Here is the language from your bill that outlaws genetically modified foods:

3.(a) This ACT does hereby prohibit live genetically engineered and or genetically modified plants (including the seeds and pollen thereof), animals (including the offspring thereof), insects (including the offspring thereof), and or any such organisms from existing within the boarders of the state of California, and that all living genetically engineered plants (including the seeds and pollen thereof), animals (including the offspring thereof), insects (including the offspring thereof), and or any such genetically engineered genetically modified organisms have six months from the date of the adoption of this ACT into law to be removed from the state by those individuals or corporate or government entities that brought and or posses such within the state of California, and which shall be done in a manner that does not further the threat of genetic pollution and or genetically engineered DNA contamination exposure to the commons and or natural world.

g5000, its not how you have stated, but depending on people thinking its how you have stated is one of the mechanisms employed by those who seek central control over you and your food source and your genetics and your evolution.
Your corn comparison shows a complete lack of understanding of this technology and I very strongly suggest you study up on this before you willingly surrender the gene pool we all swim in to clearly bias corporate interests and devices.

G5000 is correct. Corn , as we know it, is a frankenfood. It never would have occurred naturally, and it was only through human intervention that the corn we eat is as large and with as many kernels as it has. It is a man made plant now. The bill doesn't make a distinction between modified in a lab and modified in a field.

I don't like the idea of modified foods, I really don't. But you have to realize that nearly everything we eat has been modified in one way or another, and we have no idea which are the dangerous ones and the safe ones. The one modified in a lab may be perfectly safe, while the one modified in a field could kill us.

The bill is well-intentioned, but has any consideration been given to how much food this will effect, and if we will still be able to support our food needs?

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck. You're a obviously a wacko modern day Luddite who fears what you obviously don't understand.

Here is the language from your bill that outlaws genetically modified foods:

3.(a) This ACT does hereby prohibit live genetically engineered and or genetically modified plants (including the seeds and pollen thereof), animals (including the offspring thereof), insects (including the offspring thereof), and or any such organisms from existing within the boarders of the state of California, and that all living genetically engineered plants (including the seeds and pollen thereof), animals (including the offspring thereof), insects (including the offspring thereof), and or any such genetically engineered genetically modified organisms have six months from the date of the adoption of this ACT into law to be removed from the state by those individuals or corporate or government entities that brought and or posses such within the state of California, and which shall be done in a manner that does not further the threat of genetic pollution and or genetically engineered DNA contamination exposure to the commons and or natural world.

The operative word is 'living'...if you were more busy understanding things that you read than you are claiming others dont then you might have read that bit.
All processed GMO food etc as long as not 'living' would not be effected.
Also, your assumptions about me are quite incorrect.
Lets shift gears and discuss conscience for a moment...do you use yours?
I only ask because you obviously have abandon all critical thinking efforts and one needs one or both abilities to be operating and employed in considering this issue.

Last edited:

G5000 is correct. Corn , as we know it, is a frankenfood. It never would have occurred naturally, and it was only through human intervention that the corn we eat is as large and with as many kernels as it has. It is a man made plant now. The bill doesn't make a distinction between modified in a lab and modified in a field.

I don't like the idea of modified foods, I really don't. But you have to realize that nearly everything we eat has been modified in one way or another, and we have no idea which are the dangerous ones and the safe ones. The one modified in a lab may be perfectly safe, while the one modified in a field could kill us.

The bill is well-intentioned, but has any consideration been given to how much food this will effect, and if we will still be able to support our food needs?

Forced cross pollination in no way can be compared to gene splicing in this context.
The reason the bill makes no distinction as per your query is because science has already done so in that they are two totally different activities in reality and in law.
Food production is a strawman argument when considering the facts about such, I dont have the time at the moment but I will return later and post some links to consider.
Thanks for your response even though we see things a little different.

Forced cross pollination in no way can be compared to gene splicing in this context.
The reason the bill makes no distinction as per your query is because science has already done so in that they are two totally different activities in reality and in law.
Food production is a strawman argument when considering the facts about such, I dont have the time at the moment but I will return later and post some links to consider.
Thanks for your response even though we see things a little different.

I don't think we see things too differently. I hate genetically modified food as much as you. But I won't go leaping into banning it until the ramifications of that action are investigated.

What about soy beans. 85% of our soy bean supply is genetically modified. The amount of time it would take to acquire, plant, and grow, and harvest unmodified soy beans could have a massive effect when you consider how many products have a soy bean product in them.

Forum List

Back