How would you vote on this proposal?

• no

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • undecided

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Your reference doesn't mention a single person who was ever "terminated" by genetically engineered seeds.

Holy shit... will I really have to explain this to you? Moron. Ok, I'll say it slowly so even a RW'er can understand:

Terminator seeds terminate THEMSELVES, making the plant unable to naturally reproduce (hence you've gotta go back to Monsatan and get more terminator seeds year after year). These are extremely dangerous, as they could spread to wild, native flora and could eventually cause many species of plants to not be able to reproduce naturally. Of course, this is Monstanto's wet dream - to own the control over, and profit from every plant that we eat and grow. Just keep on being RW stupid, though. It's all we can expect from you.

Last edited:
Your reference doesn't mention a single person who was ever "terminated" by genetically engineered seeds.

Holy shit... will I really have to explain this to you? Moron. Ok, I'll say it slowly so even a RW'er can understand:

Terminator seeds terminate THEMSELVES, making the plant unable to naturally reproduce (hence you've gotta go back to Monsatan and get more terminator seeds year after year). These are extremely dangerous, as they could spread to wild, native flora and could eventually cause many species of plants to not be able to reproduce naturally. Of course, this is Monstanto's wet dream - to own the control over, and profit from every plant that we eat and grow. Just keep on being RW stupid, though. It's all we can expect from you.

1. You didn't get my point, obviously. The term "terminator seed" implies they are dangerous. They aren't in the slightest bit dangerous.
  2. You don't understand a thing about biology if you believe a species that can't reproduce could spread into the wild.

You didn't get my point, obviously. The term "terminator seed" implies they are dangerous. They aren't in the slightest bit dangerous.

You don't understand a thing about biology if you believe a species that can't reproduce could spread into the wild.

You are a world-scale dumbass:

"The seed industry is expected to defend the Terminator technology by arguing that it will increase the safety of using genetically-engineered crops. Since the seed carries the sterility trait, say proponents, it is less likely that transgenic material will escape from one crop into related species and wild crop relatives. The seed industry is expected to argue that this built-in safety feature will speed up biotech advances in agriculture and increase productivity.

Molecular biologists who have studied the patent have mixed views on the potential ecological hazards of the sterility trait. The greatest fear is that the sterility trait from first generation seed might spread via pollen to neighboring crops or wild relatives growing nearby. Some biologists argue that pollen even if pollen does escape, it would not pose a threat. The danger is that neighboring crops could be rendered "sterile" due to cross pollination - wreaking havoc on the surrounding ecosystem. Given that the technology is new and untested on a large scale, biosafety issues remain an important concern."

Terminator seeds Monsanto

There are hundreds more articles out there that say the same thing. We need to take these biotech companies down. But it doesn't surprise you that a corporate fascist like you is ok with taking poor farmers' seed-saving abilities away purely for the profit of a handful of companies. On the other hand, the good news is that non-GMO activists are gettint louder and louder... Go look at Kellogs and CheeriGMO's FB pages.

Last edited:
You didn't get my point, obviously. The term "terminator seed" implies they are dangerous. They aren't in the slightest bit dangerous.

You don't understand a thing about biology if you believe a species that can't reproduce could spread into the wild.

You are a world-scale dumbass:

"The seed industry is expected to defend the Terminator technology by arguing that it will increase the safety of using genetically-engineered crops. Since the seed carries the sterility trait, say proponents, it is less likely that transgenic material will escape from one crop into related species and wild crop relatives. The seed industry is expected to argue that this built-in safety feature will speed up biotech advances in agriculture and increase productivity.

Molecular biologists who have studied the patent have mixed views on the potential ecological hazards of the sterility trait. The greatest fear is that the sterility trait from first generation seed might spread via pollen to neighboring crops or wild relatives growing nearby. Some biologists argue that pollen even if pollen does escape, it would not pose a threat. The danger is that neighboring crops could be rendered "sterile" due to cross pollination - wreaking havoc on the surrounding ecosystem. Given that the technology is new and untested on a large scale, biosafety issues remain an important concern."

Terminator seeds Monsanto

There are hundreds more articles out there that say the same thing. We need to take these biotech companies down.

If the pollen renders surrounding crops sterile, then where is the danger to the ecosystem? Sterile species don't pass on their genes. End of problem, numskull.

BTW, in case you're even dumber than I think you are, if the "terminator species" is a variety of corn, then it can only render surrounding corn crops sterile, not all surrounding species. I just know you're imagining some doomsday scenario where the entire countryside is rendered sterile. I surely hope you aren't that stupid.

If the pollen renders surrounding crops sterile, then where is the danger to the ecosystem? Sterile species don't pass on their genes. End of problem, numskull.

Holy god. Ok here's your biology lesson for the day. Say I have GMO wheat growing in an open field that has the terminator gene, and that wheat pollen blows onto a neighboring grass & woods , pollinating & contaminating a patch of plants that is a cousin of wheat. It's kernels will grow, but be sterile, meaning that it cannot reproduce from the kernels it produces from the terminator gene in that first generation, and will die out. If enough pollen blows on that patch of grass and those related to it, it can kill every single similar species in the area. GET IT NOW???

By the way, corn is also a grass. Idiot.

Many of our food plants have native, wild cousins. Why on earth would you release something like this without knowing what the ecological outcome might be?

Anyway, it's ridiculous to argue with stupid. I tried that with PC, and it's like beating your head against a wall. Please do some research on what Monsanto's really up to and what they are doing to farmers. It's pretty eye-opening how evil (yes, evil) this corporation is and those like it. Off to the train.

Last edited:
An interesting case moving forward...

75-year-old soybean farmer sees Monsanto lawsuit reach U.S. Supreme Court | The Raw Story

Also here is more about Monsanto et al...
"Abby Martin takes a closer look at the incestuous relationship between the White House and Monsanto, by calling out Romney and Obama's longstanding ties with the company. Pundits on the mainstream media toe sensationalism to garner ratings. On this segment Abby Martin exposes the rhetoric and calls out the propaganda peddlers. ABOUT BREAKING THE SET: A brand new show on the RT Network hosted by Abby Martin. There are way too many rules set in society that prop up the establishment -- an establishment that works to divide and conquer the people. 'Breaking the Set' seeks to smash through the Left/Right Paradigm set in the media and political establishment to find the middle ground: the truth. It is a show that cuts through that pre-established narrative which tells the people what to think and what to care about."
Read more at Videos for: Monsanto - I4U News

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EbhtUhebzic]Monsanto's Government Orgy | Brainwash Update - YouTube[/ame]

Holy god. Ok here's your biology lesson for the day. Say I have GMO wheat growing in an open field that has the terminator gene, and that wheat pollen blows onto a neighboring grass & woods , pollinating & contaminating a patch of plants that is a cousin of wheat. .

I guess I was wrong. You are that big of a moron. The your first mistake, moron: Pollen from when species cannot fertilize seeds from another species, unless they are very closely related. The weeds, brush and trees in a neighboring wood are not going to be fertilized by wheat pollen.

It's kernels will grow, but be sterile, meaning that it cannot reproduce from the kernels it produces from the terminator gene in that first generation, and will die out. If enough pollen blows on that patch of grass and those related to it, it can kill every single similar species in the area. GET IT NOW???.

I get that you're a moron who doesn't know jack squat about biology. Of course, most Luddites of your variety are ignorant on the subjects the speak of.

By the way, corn is also a grass. Idiot.

So is bamboo Try pollinating grass or bamboo with corn pollen and see what happens.

Many of our food plants have native, wild cousins. Why on earth would you release something like this without knowing what the ecological outcome might be?.

We already know what the outcome will be: nothing.

Anyway, it's ridiculous to argue with stupid.

images

Yeah, I know.

Last edited:
Pollen from when species cannot fertilize seeds from another species, unless they are very closely related.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was describing. Sigh. I weep for this country...

Quite right imo and I weep as well Mr. Peepers, I dont post on this subject in any delusion that we can stop the machine from doing its thing, I only post in hopes that folks might get real serious about their gardens and saving seed etc...doing for ourselves the best we can is imo needed like a fire alarm etc...

Hundreds Protest Demanding Monsanto End Intimidation Campaign Over GMOs and Obama Halt Approval of GE Foods ? EcoWatch: Uniting the Voice of the Grassroots Environmental Movement

Should Monsanto (or any corporation) Own Patent Rights on the Elements of Life?

Excerpt:
The journey of a 75-year-old Indiana farmer to the highest court in the country began rather uneventfully. Vernon Hugh Bowman purchased an undifferentiated mix of soybean seeds from a grain elevator, planted the seeds and then saved seed from the resulting harvest to replant another crop. Finding that Bowman's crops were largely the progeny of its genetically engineered proprietary soybean seed, Monsanto sued the farmer for patent infringement.

... One of Monsanto's arguments is that when farmers save seed from a crop grown from patented seed and then use that seed for another crop, they are illegally replicating, or "making," Monsanto's proprietary seeds instead of legally "using" the seeds by planting them only one time and purchasing more seeds for each subsequent planting.

This logic is troubling to many who point out that it is the nature of seeds and all living things, whether patented or not, to replicate. Monsanto's claim that it has rights over a self-replicating natural product should raise concern. Seeds, unlike computer chips, for example, are essential to life. If people are denied a computer chip, they don't go hungry. If people are denied seeds, the potential consequences are much more threatening.

Should Monsanto (or any corporation) Own Patent Rights on the Elements of Life?

Excerpt:
The journey of a 75-year-old Indiana farmer to the highest court in the country began rather uneventfully. Vernon Hugh Bowman purchased an undifferentiated mix of soybean seeds from a grain elevator, planted the seeds and then saved seed from the resulting harvest to replant another crop. Finding that Bowman's crops were largely the progeny of its genetically engineered proprietary soybean seed, Monsanto sued the farmer for patent infringement.

... One of Monsanto's arguments is that when farmers save seed from a crop grown from patented seed and then use that seed for another crop, they are illegally replicating, or "making," Monsanto's proprietary seeds instead of legally "using" the seeds by planting them only one time and purchasing more seeds for each subsequent planting.

This logic is troubling to many who point out that it is the nature of seeds and all living things, whether patented or not, to replicate. Monsanto's claim that it has rights over a self-replicating natural product should raise concern. Seeds, unlike computer chips, for example, are essential to life. If people are denied a computer chip, they don't go hungry. If people are denied seeds, the potential consequences are much more threatening.

The logic is troubling indeed...

Monsanto Slapped With A $7.7 Billion Lawsuit By 5 Million Farmers | Prince Vega

Excerpt:
"Launching a lawsuit against the very company that is responsible for a farmer suicide every 30 minutes, 5 million farmers are now suing Monsanto for as much as 6.2 billion euros (around 7.7 billion US dollars). The reason? As with many other cases, such as the ones that led certain farming regions to be known as the ‘suicide belt’, Monsanto has been reportedly taxing the farmers to financial shambles with ridiculous royalty charges. The farmers state that Monsanto has been unfairly gathering exorbitant profits each year on a global scale from “renewal” seed harvests, which are crops planted using seed from the previous year’s harvest."

I woke up this morning to the radio blaring Al Gore seemingly lecturing me on the virtues of 'spidergoat' farming...for a brief moment thought I died and woke up in 'hell':eek: then I remembered hearing about this bit a year or so ago...

BBC News - The goats with spider genes and silk in their milk

I was reading this letter this morning and somehow I couldn't help replacing the recipients to be Monsanto et al and the issue of the war over the gene pool...

enhanced-buzz-4910-1341727745-5.jpg

Last edited:
Monsanto’s Patents on Life

By Katherine Paul, Ronnie Cummins
Organic Consumers Association, Feb. 27, 2013

Monsanto?s Patents on Life
Excerpt:

"The real issue is this: Why have we surrendered control over something so basic to human survival as seeds? Why have we bought into the biotech industry’s program, which pushes a few monoculture commodity crops, when history and science have proven that seed biodiversity is essential for growing crops capable of surviving severe climate conditions, such as drought and floods?"

A Death Grip on Our Food Supply: Monsanto's Death Patents

>> More broadly, and unlikely to be addressed in the instant case, is whether Monsanto (or any other company) should be able to patent seeds – the core of global food supplies, and thus of sustenance for billions of people – in the first place. Activists will decry the fact that Monsanto is patenting life, and this is indeed an Orwellian (or perhaps a Huxleyan) prospect, to be sure. Yet I would submit that Monsanto is actually patenting death, which is potentially even more disconcerting.

Consider that by exerting this level of control over the food supply, Monsanto is rapidly creating a world in which people have to pay fealty to the corporation in order to grow food and/or consume it. In this sense, Monsanto gains enormous power to determine who is allowed to eat – and thus who lives or dies. Consider further that Monsanto’s patents also include technologies in which seeds are sold that cannot propagate themselves, resulting in plants terminating rather than perpetuating, requiring farmers to have to go back to the “company store” in order to replant their fields.

In the case currently before the Court, shades of the latter issue are present, with the question being whether the seeds of the seeds of Monsanto creations retain their exclusive patent rights – possibly in perpetuity. This sort of argument might give us cause to wonder whether an animal (or even a human being, someday?) who consumes these proprietary foods could be implicated in such assertions if they are somehow genetically altered in the process. Perverse slippery slopes aside, the permeation of patentable materials throughout the food chain is by now a clear and present danger.

These are troubling trends indeed. Monsanto wants the right to exert perpetual control, and with it the power to make decisions about who/what lives or dies...
<<

This is old news but illustrative of how they work...

Blamed for Bee Collapse, Monsanto Buys Leading Bee Research Firm

>> Monsanto, the massive biotechnology company being blamed for contributing to the dwindling bee population, has bought up one of the leading bee collapse research organizations. Recently banned from Poland with one of the primary reasons being that the company&#8217;s genetically modified corn may be devastating the dying bee population, it is evident that Monsanto is under serious fire for their role in the downfall of the vital insects. It is therefore quite apparent why Monsanto bought one of the largest bee research firms on the planet.

It can be found in public company reports hosted on mainstream media that Monsanto scooped up the Beeologics firm back in September 2011. During this time the correlation between Monsanto&#8217;s GM crops and the bee decline was not explored in the mainstream, and in fact it was hardly touched upon until Polish officials addressed the serious concern amid the monumental ban. Owning a major organization that focuses heavily on the bee collapse and is recognized by the USDA for their mission statement of &#8220;restoring bee health and protecting the future of insect pollination&#8221; could be very advantageous for Monsanto.
<<

A second source:
>> Many beekeepers are losing massive colonies all over America. One such incidence is of Bret Adee in Central California who lost 40,000 hives in a matter of weeks, that&#8217;s 2 Billion bees. He was the largest beekeeper in America. A devastating Bee Holocaust. One of the keys to the mysteries of Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) is the understanding to why the bees are disappearing.

This same phenomenon happened in Europe a decade ago. It turns out that systemic pesticides, which are applied to the seed of a crop and stay within the plant throughout its lifespan, were also malignantly affecting the nervous system of bees. The beekeepers there rallied and, after hearing of the plight of the bees, the French Minister of Agriculture, Jean Glavany, banned systemic pesticides. Unfortunately, rationalism can be bought out in America.

Systemic Pesticides came into the United States around 2003, which is when CCD began happening. Now that Monsanto owns Beelogics, the flow of information coming from this research firm is practically negligible.
<<

"Obama betrays America yet again by signing the 'Monsanto Protection Act' into law"

Learn more: Obama betrays America yet again by signing the 'Monsanto Protection Act' into law

Thursday, March 28, 2013
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
Editor of NaturalNews.com

Excerpt:
"(NaturalNews) President Barack Obama campaigned on promises to end secret prisons, decriminalize marijuana, balance the budget, honor the Second Amendment and make health care affordable. But what really unfolded was an explosion in the national debt (now $16 trillion and climbing), the signing of the NDAA, a claimed new power to kill any American at any time, even on U.S. soil, the use of military drones to murder American children overseas, a full-on assault against the Bill of Rights, a doubling of health insurance rates and the destruction of the U.S. economy.

But that's not all.

Now Obama has signed the "Monsanto Protection Act" into law, stabbing America in the heart yet again and proving that no matter how convincing politicians appear on the campaign trail, they are still sociopathic liars in the end."

Bill Summary & Status
113th Congress (2013 - 2014)
H.R.933
Bill Summary & Status - 113th Congress (2013 - 2014) - H.R.933 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Forum List

Back