How would you vote on this proposal?

• no

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • undecided

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
This is the work of left-wing wacko Luddites. Outlawing genetically modified foods is pure idiocy.

lol well being that this is the work of only one individual = me, and being that I certainly could not be identified on any scale as a "left-wing wacko Luddites", and being that the proposal in no way would be "Outlawing genetically modified foods", it seems that everything about your comment is a view point based on assumptions rooted in pure ignorants.
That all being said, how in the world can you trust your own opinion about this subject at this point in your awareness?

I wouldn't take Finger-boy too seriously. He's a notorious troll here, and I'm not surprised that when we finally saw a corporat apologist slither in to shill for the fascist genetic-mod industry it would be the likes of him. Not a real deep thinker either:
{"I read your post more closely and revised my response, not that I give a flying fuck." -- Finger-Boy}

I would suggest, although Monsanto is certainly the poster-corporation for fascism, bringing in Adolf Hitler might be overheating the issue. Hitler was interested in controlling and modifying people, not plants, and the extent to which he would have propped up what Monsanto is doing I suspect would be limited to how it would provide a means to control populations, whether positively or negatively (e.g. GM-poisoned foods could have been a cheaper genocide tool than gas chambers, which require transport). But to involve Adolf Hitler personally is likely to bring calls of Godwin's Law, and such calls IMHO would prolly be justified. There are more than enough objections to what we have here in the present.

We could go this far though:
"When they came for the corn I said nothing because I don't eat corn..."
(actually, yes you do -- it's in everything.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAXTzyxPG8M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAXTzyxPG8M[/ame]

or in practical terms:
"When they came for my neighbor's crop I said nothing because I had not bought seeds from Monsanto..."
(Monsanto sez: "Ha. Our 17 lawyers will see you in court.")

Last edited:
This is the work of left-wing wacko Luddites. Outlawing genetically modified foods is pure idiocy.

lol well being that this is the work of only one individual = me, and being that I certainly could not be identified on any scale as a "left-wing wacko Luddites", and being that the proposal in no way would be "Outlawing genetically modified foods", it seems that everything about your comment is a view point based on assumptions rooted in pure ignorants.
That all being said, how in the world can you trust your own opinion about this subject at this point in your awareness?

I wouldn't take Finger-boy too seriously. He's a notorious troll here, and I'm not surprised that when we finally saw a corporat apologist slither in to shill for the fascist genetic-mod industry it would be the likes of him. Not a real deep thinker either:
{"I read your post more closely and revised my response, not that I give a flying fuck." -- Finger-Boy}

I would suggest, although Monsanto is certainly the poster-corporation for fascism, bringing in Adolf Hitler might be overheating the issue. Hitler was interested in controlling and modifying people, not plants, and the extent to which he would have propped up what Monsanto is doing I suspect would be limited to how it would provide a means to control populations, whether positively or negatively (e.g. GM-poisoned foods could have been a cheaper genocide tool than gas chambers, which require transport). But to involve Adolf Hitler personally is likely to bring calls of Godwin's Law, and such calls IMHO would prolly be justified. There are more than enough objections to what we have here in the present.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAXTzyxPG8M]Zeitgeist - Killer Corn!? - YouTube[/ame]

or in practical terms:
"When they came for my neighbor's crop I said nothing because I had not bought seeds from Monsanto..."

I dont at all disagree with your estimated response to dropping the H bomb, but it seems the most applicable analogy from my perspective. Its not that there is a 'H' running around out there, its more like the general population has been lulled and desensitized into not recognizing the 'superiority complex' type thinking whether its coming from the corpsgov or from the mirror.
I have done enough of these threads around the internet to know the type of mentality that goes hand in hand with the fight to the death biotech defenders and I can assure you that the species target is not as relevant as the motivation or reasoning behind the ideology.
This topic flushes certain thinking out of its normal hard to identify camo.
This issue isn't as much about healthy food as it is about the supplanting fundamental natural human rights with corporate rule.
Pirate Television - Thomas Linzey & Katherine Davies: Who Has The Right?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB8re_OIWrE]Pirate Television - Thomas Linzey & Katherine Davies: Who Has The Right? - YouTube[/ame]

The operative word is 'living'...if you were more busy understanding things that you read than you are claiming others dont then you might have read that bit.
All processed GMO food etc as long as not 'living' would not be effected.
Also, your assumptions about me are quite incorrect.
Lets shift gears and discuss conscience for a moment...do you use yours?
I only ask because you obviously have abandon all critical thinking efforts and one needs one or both abilities to be operating and employed in considering this issue.

I haven't made any assumptions about you. I simply evaluate what you post, and it's pure Luddite idiocy.

OK, so people in California can import GMA food from other states. California farmers obviously can't grow them. If every state adopted such a law, then they would effectively be outlawed.

What does "conscience" have to do with this issue? That would imply there is some danger from GMA foods. There isn't.

I find it hilarious that you believe you're a deep thinker. Being a sucker for every leftwing crusade to come down the pike doesn't make you a deep thinker. It makes you a sucker.

or in practical terms:

ROFL! You and the other Luddite are utterly hilarious!

Spending millions to improve crops and help feed the world makes you a fascist?

You guys are killing me with this shit!

Last edited:
The operative word is 'living'...if you were more busy understanding things that you read than you are claiming others dont then you might have read that bit.
I only ask because you obviously have abandon all critical thinking efforts and one needs one or both abilities to be operating and employed in considering this issue.

I haven't made any assumptions about you. I simply evaluate what you post, and it's pure Luddite idiocy.

OK, so people in California can import GMA food from other states. California farmers obviously can't grow them. If every state adopted such a law, then they would effectively be outlawed.

What does "conscience" have to do with this issue? That would imply there is some danger from GMA foods. There isn't.

Conscience has everything to do with it, and it is those who ask such a question that most reflect a disconnect to 'conscience'.
For example how about think of it this way (not that you are capable, but someone reading this might be), genetic engineering brought by the Monsanto et al machine is to nature what Hitler was to music and the arts.

http://web.jmu.edu/history/mhr/Cathcart/Cathcart.pdf

Music Approved of by the Third Reich

and just as Monsanto et al collects naturally occurring species varieties of all types for their particular uses, so was H a fan of some of the very music etc that he banned...
Hitler's secret musical collection - of Russian and Jewish artists | World news | The Guardian

Dont be afraid to be what you are bripat9643, and as you stated if it looks and smells and tastes like DS then it prolly is.

I have to agree, that genetically engineered food is a real threat to humanity.
Food shouldn't produce its own insecticide or its own fertilizer because if it does then one farmer could grow more food and spend less on petrochemical based insecticides and fertilizers. It is going to put the petrochemical processors out of business!

Yes, Verginia, there is sarchasm in this post.

Food shouldn't produce its own insecticide or its own fertilizer because if it does then one farmer could grow more food and spend less on petrochemical based insecticides and fertilizers. It is going to put the petrochemical processors out of business!

Ironically, this is one of those cases where the reality is stranger than sarcasm, because Monsanto is way ahead of you. What you've just described is exactly why they put suicide genes (or as Finger-boy puts it, "terminator") so that the crop will be sterile and the farmer has to go back to Monsanto the next year hat in hand for a new fix. This, combined with the strongarming of farmers who try to opt out and the corruption of government through the installation of corporate shills (see below), is the way they envision controlling the world, literally, through its food supply. Now that's what we call fascism.

monsanto-employees-government-revolving-door.jpg

Left to right: Chicken coop; Fox

Image from this two-part article

This is where we've got to start, folks-- getting these whores out of the government. Fascism without representation is tyranny.
Not that Monsanto is alone in this; I believe DuPont is out there playing Mussolini to Monsanto's Hitler, so we use the term "Monsanto" somewhat generically. But it's mostly them.

And you thought you were making a joke. We wish that's all it was.

Last edited:

Conscience has everything to do with it, and it is those who ask such a question that most reflect a disconnect to 'conscience'.
For example how about think of it this way (not that you are capable, but someone reading this might be), genetic engineering brought by the Monsanto et al machine is to nature what Hitler was to music and the arts.

and just as Monsanto et al collects naturally occurring species varieties of all types for their particular uses, so was H a fan of some of the very music etc that he banned...
Hitler's secret musical collection - of Russian and Jewish artists | World news | The Guardian

Dont be afraid to be what you are bripat9643, and as you stated if it looks and smells and tastes like DS then it prolly is.

I think your analogy is idiotic. Monsanto isn't trying to ban anything, so the comparison with Hitler is absurd. Monsanto doesn't prevent any farmer from doing what he already does with any species found in nature. Farmers can get greater crop yields with the GMA seeds and thereby make more money so they accept the deal Monsanto offers. No one holds a gun to their heads.

BZZZZZZZZZZZTTT!

FAIL!

I think your analogy is idiotic. Monsanto isn't trying to ban anything, so the comparison with Hitler is absurd. Monsanto doesn't prevent any farmer from doing what he already does with any species found in nature. Farmers can get greater crop yields with the GMA seeds and thereby make more money so they accept the deal Monsanto offers. No one holds a gun to their heads.

BZZZZZZZZZZZTTT!

FAIL!
Maybe you are right, farmers are doing better than ever in the USA and around the world.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av6dx9yNiCA]Monsanto Indian Farmer Suicide - YouTube[/ame]

In India, GM Crops Come at a High Price - NYTimes.com

Whatever you say...

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/toxin-from-gm-crops-found-in-human-blood/1/137728.html

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3yXf3FyHWY]Toxic Gene Hidden in GMO Crops - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
"Terminator seeds?" You're obviously a nutburger. can you name one person who has ever been "terminated" by any of these seeds?

Wow, did you seriously just ask this dumb-ass question? Do you not have google?

Terminated: The UN Upholds a Moratorium on Terminator Seeds

Monsanto and Terminator Technology - SourceWatch

"Fears were also expressed that Monsanto's terminator genes could spread to wild plants. According to the UN Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture, "Cross-fertilising V-GURT containing crops may cause considerable effects in neighbouring crop stands and wild relatives.... The fact that in North America, where large stands of GMO varieties are now grown contamination of non-GMO varieties by GMO germplasm has been observed ... suggests that this scenario is a realistic probability" "

Yes, yes you did just ask that dumb-ass question.

Yes, farmers have been modifying genes for millenia. Yellow corn was created through an unnatural selection process. They just didn't use a test tube to do it. It is still selecting desirable traits in food, and that can only be accomplished by manipulating the DNA of food. Just because they didn't know what DNA was does not mean they were not modifying it. They were.

And you need to read the bill. This is about more than seeds. It's all about banning Frankenfoods.

"Genetically engineered" plants and food are just an acceleration of the process that farmers have been doing for thousands of years. Instead of creating a square tomato over several generations of planting, you do it more quickly in the lab.

g5000, its not how you have stated, but depending on people thinking its how you have stated is one of the mechanisms employed by those who seek central control over you and your food source and your genetics and your evolution.
Your corn comparison shows a complete lack of understanding of this technology and I very strongly suggest you study up on this before you willingly surrender the gene pool we all swim in to clearly bias corporate interests and devices.

G5000 is correct. Corn , as we know it, is a frankenfood. It never would have occurred naturally, and it was only through human intervention that the corn we eat is as large and with as many kernels as it has. It is a man made plant now. The bill doesn't make a distinction between modified in a lab and modified in a field.

I don't like the idea of modified foods, I really don't. But you have to realize that nearly everything we eat has been modified in one way or another, and we have no idea which are the dangerous ones and the safe ones. The one modified in a lab may be perfectly safe, while the one modified in a field could kill us.

The bill is well-intentioned, but has any consideration been given to how much food this will effect, and if we will still be able to support our food needs?

Sorry I forgot I was going to get back to you with some info on food production to consider...first thing is we are at war (whether that means to you that our country is at war or that you are being warred on by your corpsgov) so folks might want to start a 'victory garden' to help feed themselves and their neighbors...

victory gardens

http://extension.unh.edu/Counties/Grafton/Docs/VicGarden.pdf

You Can Grow 100 Lbs of Potatoes in a 4 Ft Box

TLC Home "You Can Grow 100 Lbs of Potatoes in a 4 Ft Box"

6000 lbs of food on 1/10 acre...

[ame=http://youtu.be/NCmTJkZy0rM]6,000 lbs of food on 1/10th acre - Urban Farm - Urban Homestead - Growing Your Own Food - YouTube[/ame]

1million lbs of food on 3 acres...

[ame=http://youtu.be/jV9CCxdkOng]1 MILLION pounds of Food on 3 acres. 10,000 fish 500 yards compost - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EHuqGKU-c0]Neil Young - Homegrown live at Farm Aid II - YouTube[/ame]

g5000, its not how you have stated, but depending on people thinking its how you have stated is one of the mechanisms employed by those who seek central control over you and your food source and your genetics and your evolution.
Your corn comparison shows a complete lack of understanding of this technology and I very strongly suggest you study up on this before you willingly surrender the gene pool we all swim in to clearly bias corporate interests and devices.

G5000 is correct. Corn , as we know it, is a frankenfood. It never would have occurred naturally, and it was only through human intervention that the corn we eat is as large and with as many kernels as it has. It is a man made plant now. The bill doesn't make a distinction between modified in a lab and modified in a field.

I don't like the idea of modified foods, I really don't. But you have to realize that nearly everything we eat has been modified in one way or another, and we have no idea which are the dangerous ones and the safe ones. The one modified in a lab may be perfectly safe, while the one modified in a field could kill us.

The bill is well-intentioned, but has any consideration been given to how much food this will effect, and if we will still be able to support our food needs?

Sorry I forgot I was going to get back to you with some info on food production to consider...first thing is we are at war (whether that means to you that our country is at war or that you are being warred on by your corpsgov) so folks might want to start a 'victory garden' to help feed themselves and their neighbors...

victory gardens

What people can grow for themselves is irrelevant. I'm talking about feeding a nation too consumed with work and recreation to ever consider taking time to grow food for themselves. You're talking about a unprecedented cultural shift. Not going to happen.

Do you personally have a garden? Do the anti-gmo people you associate with all have gardens? Start with you and your associates, spread the word, lend a hand, make documentaries. A massive shift in the basics of food gathering and consumption in the US, like you're talking about, will not happen. Your government is against you, businesses are against you. And I would be willing to bet if you framed your argument the way are now (You'll have to grow your own food) then the american people would be against you. Not that the american people love their genetically modified food, but they're way too lazy to grow their own food.

A project this large needs to start at the bottom up, not leap straight into banning foods and forcing people to grow their own.

victory gardens

What people can grow for themselves is irrelevant. I'm talking about feeding a nation too consumed with work and recreation to ever consider taking time to grow food for themselves. You're talking about a unprecedented cultural shift. Not going to happen.

Do you personally have a garden? Do the anti-gmo people you associate with all have gardens? Start with you and your associates, spread the word, lend a hand, make documentaries. A massive shift in the basics of food gathering and consumption in the US, like you're talking about, will not happen. Your government is against you, businesses are against you. And I would be willing to bet if you framed your argument the way are now (You'll have to grow your own food) then the american people would be against you. Not that the american people love their genetically modified food, but they're way too lazy to grow their own food.

A project this large needs to start at the bottom up, not leap straight into banning foods and forcing people to grow their own.

Where to begin...
"Do you personally have a garden?"
yes I grow my own...more every year...saving seed is central as well...feed my family and my neighbors get much as well...also supply all our own meds so no Obama meds lol...

"Do the anti-gmo people you associate with all have gardens?"
I dont associate with the 'crowd' you are assuming i associate with lol...not a realist bunch if you ask me, they get all distracted by sparkly things like labeling campaigns etc instead of going right to the root (pun intended).

As to the rest of your statement I cannot disagree, Americans at this point are lost and confused and not good for much else but slavery...but soon technology will make less need for you and me slaves and so we will need to be trimmed from the budget so to speak...
If you cant do for yourself in times to come you might have much less chance of having times to come...
A 'higher edu' only generally helps to separate one from their own conscience (or rewire such), it doesn't mean you automatically earn survival...i would pose that often just the opposite is true...become a 'professional' and the first thing you learn is to 'emotionally detach' from your 'work' = separate from your conscience or alter its impact on your decisions and actions...if you can master degree this separation from or rewiring of conscience they will call you an expert and run you up the flag pole for all to solute in justification...'loftier goals' then feeding and clothing yourself instead of dependency on other less fortunate slaves further down the structure? sounds like laziness as you state but also denial and a notion of being to good for such tasks.

"Terminator seeds?" You're obviously a nutburger. can you name one person who has ever been "terminated" by any of these seeds?

"Fears were also expressed that Monsanto's terminator genes could spread to wild plants. According to the UN Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture, "Cross-fertilising V-GURT containing crops may cause considerable effects in neighbouring crop stands and wild relatives.... The fact that in North America, where large stands of GMO varieties are now grown contamination of non-GMO varieties by GMO germplasm has been observed ... suggests that this scenario is a realistic probability" "

Your reference doesn't mention a single person who was ever "terminated" by genetically engineered seeds.

Your reference doesn't mention a single person who was ever "terminated" by genetically engineered seeds.

Don't worry to much about terminator gene stats or the lack of, soon enough no doubt 'they'll be back'...because no doubt their creators have everything you need...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iIBiVYWT9U]The complex - PAYDAY MONSANTO - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

victory gardens

You've sent a mixed message here. A thread like this is building bottom up. It's spreading info and awareness and news.

GMO awareness is more widespread than you think. When I buy seeds (or produce in the store), GMO avoidance is pretty common, to the point where I sometimes get strange looks for even asking. Growing one's own doesn't have to be "forced"; I could buy everything I eat, yet every year I grow more. Anyway, the knowledge that a Monsanto exists and is throwing its weight around in no way means that the rest of us should just throw up our hands and give up.

I really wanted to tell all us interested gardeners that there's a new forum category on this site for gardening, and it's been specifically mentioned in the request for this category that part of its intention to share info about non-GMO seeds and methods and such. Let's get it populated: USMB Gardening/Landscraping

It would be nice if as the growing season comes folks could stop in and report on how their peppers are doing or what this bug is eating my spinach.

victory gardens

You've sent a mixed message here. A thread like this is building bottom up. It's spreading info and awareness and news.

GMO awareness is more widespread than you think. When I buy seeds (or produce in the store), GMO avoidance is pretty common, to the point where I sometimes get strange looks for even asking. Growing one's own doesn't have to be "forced"; I could buy everything I eat, yet every year I grow more. Anyway, the knowledge that a Monsanto exists and is throwing its weight around in no way means that the rest of us should just throw up our hands and give up.

I really wanted to tell all us interested gardeners that there's a new forum category on this site for gardening, and it's been specifically mentioned in the request for this category that part of its intention to share info about non-GMO seeds and methods and such. Let's get it populated: USMB Gardening/Landscraping

It would be nice if as the growing season comes folks could stop in and report on how their peppers are doing or what this bug is eating my spinach.

This new forum is great news to me Pogo thanks.
Gardening isn't just a given anymore as the ability to do such is being attacked on different levels and its part of why I'm here.
For folks also interested and or concerned about your right to garden please see this thread called "what does the 9th amendment mean to you?":
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/277445-what-does-the-9th-amendment-mean-to-you.html
While Monsanto et al's 'rights' to rape and pillage the gene pool strengthen, our rights to plant seeds weakens.

Last edited:
The corporate wheel of fortune...don't bet on it being in your best interest...
"Genetic Roulette - The Gamble of our Lives"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wnlTYFKBg18]Genetic Roulette - The Gamble of our Lives - YouTube[/ame]

Thought this was relevant to part of the point of this thread:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFX_vKYcGlc]Utah wants to Register Gardens! Agenda 21? - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back