The Democrat Party and Paternalistic Slavery of Minorities.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I have known for a long time that the Democrat Party of the 1960's-70's successfully completed one of the greatest political achievements in American history: Getting black people to vote Democrat.
It should go without saying that this was a truly amazing feat.
And of course to this day minorities still overwhelmingly vote Democrat.
Why?
Recently a black republican wrote a small blog that has found it's way in newspapers columns and think-tank columns, television discussions etc. etc.

Here is a portion of that article:

Once the Civil War ended the struggle for equality began. Most blacks saw the Republican Party as the party of freedom and during Reconstruction this was true. Reconstruction had to end and the Republican Party became a minority party in the south with very few white Republicans. The Democrats or the three “s” party, slavery, secession and segregation, had all the power and wielded it with an iron fist. Virtually enslaving blacks all over again.

Blacks in the south were left alone to fight for themselves, their paternalistic Republican Party left them to build alliances of their own. This failed miserably because the last thing the racist south wanted were free blacks, they wanted slaves, free labor and power. The violence that was released upon the freedmen was unbearable and the freedmen gave up their equality to be considered lesser men. (And such as it was for several decades)

When the Republicans tried to help they we rebuffed by the majority, the Democrats. President Theodore Roosevelt tried to intervene through the infamous peonage trials but could not stop the incidents of involuntary servitude. Therefore, blacks felt abandoned even though all the advances of the black race was a product of the Republican Party from 1860 to 1968 they left the party in droves when the Democrats started offering social programs to take care of “the little man.” Encouraged by the likes of Jesse Jackson more blacks voted Democrat. Because of Democratic social programs more black men left the home in order to let the government send money to take care of his family.
He planted his seed far and wide and when the seed was rejected because the planter would be absent, our precious babies were aborted in the millions, all federally funded by Democratic social engineering.
Republicans kept offering a hand up and Democrats a handout. Handouts being easier they were accepted over a hand up. Even blacks that did not take handouts were glad that they were there so they wouldn't have to be responsible for their brothers and sisters. They voted and still vote to keep government handouts going because it is easier than arguing with those who won’t work or taking care of those who can’t.
This is a syndrome that has affected all of our society and the Democratic Party has solidified its base of those who want government to be responsible instead of being responsible themselves. I admit that I could be wrong about some of my observations but I think they are rational and supported by history. Why do blacks vote Democrat, because there are so few responsible black men! Many blacks have been duped into a paternalistic psychological slavery where to be taken care of by the government is encouraged, freedom of thought is discouraged and to be different from the group is not tolerated. Clarence Thomas, Condoleezza Rice and Michael Steele along with other Black Republicans are repudiated because they stand for responsibility and freedom, they are not on the Paternalistic Psychological Plantation.

Why Do Blacks Vote Democrat?

Last edited:
Martin Luther King:

Believe in yourself and believe you are somebody!
Nobody else can do this for us.
No document can do this for us.
No proclamations or civil rights bill can do this for us.
If the negro is to be free he must reach down to his inner-resources and into his OWN soul and sign with a pen and ink made of self assertive manhood! His OWN emancipation proclamation!
Don't let anyone take your manhood.

Last edited by a moderator:
More likely they will ignore it.
Unfortunately this thread will likely have a very high read count, but low post count.
It is a difficult subject, especially for liberals to address.
What they have done to the black race is unforgivable, basically bribed them with hand-outs and free housing. And created generations of government dependents carrying little to no self responsibility, a sense of entitlement and free of blame. In other words, an ideal voter class for the Democrat party.

Last edited:
I guess my signature follows this thought. Dependency on anything and anyone will never empower you. Sheeple are a great group to have in your corner when you're pandering for votes.

It's almost like a drug addiction, the more you get, the more you want until one day there is no going back.

Unfortunately this thread will likely have a very high read count, but low post count.
What they have done to the black race is unforgivable, basically bribed them with hand-outs and free housing. And created generations of government dependents carrying little to no self responsibility, a sense of entitlement and free of blame. In other words, an ideal voter class for the Democrat party.
Gee, how can these ungrateful people not vote for the Party that calls them lazy leeches???

Gee, how can these ungrateful people not vote for the Party that calls them lazy leeches???

Because it's easier to shoot the messenger than give up all those freebies. Jeeze, don't take away my food stamps, I need to get a new Tat this month and I can't afford it if I have to buy food. Oh and my nails and hair need done, too.

You must work for the Democrat campaign.
"Never discuss policies or specifics unless you absolutely have to..and when you do - simply attack the messenger".

There is no such party in this country as the "Democrat" party.

And the argument here is equivalent to saying that diabetics are "enslaved" by providing them insulin.

Last edited:

And the argument here is equivalent to saying that diabetics are "enslaved" by providing them insulin.

:lol::lol:
Now that is the dumbest point I think I have heard so far this year on this forum. :clap2::clap2:

:lol::lol:
Now that is the dumbest point I think I have heard so far this year on this forum. :clap2::clap2:

Why? People are in trouble, you offer them help. But that this creates "dependence" is exactly what you're saying. So, would they be less "dependent" if they DIDN'T get any help? Or would they just be SOL?

What keeps people (not just African-Americans) poor isn't the availability of aid to the poor, it's the UNavailability of enough opportunities.

Last edited:

"Never discuss policies or specifics unless you absolutely have to..and when you do - simply attack the messenger".
You're right, blacks should vote for the Party that insults them as a group. The GOP only has the best interests of blacks in mind with their insults, after all there is nothing racist about calling a race of people lazy leeches with no self responsibility.

the right thinks VERY little of black Americans.

Here is a clue for you raicist idiots to chew on.

Black American voters make up part of the democratic party.

That means they have leadership roles.

They are NOT separate from the DemocratIC party but are part of it.

You always seem to think of black people has having no power and being separate from other people .....WHY?

Ah yes, if only blacks were smart enough to vote Republican!

Is it any wonder African Americans almost always vote for Democrats? The other party calls them stupid and lazy as a term of endearment.

Jim Clyburn, Ed Towns, Maxine Waters, John Lewis, Deval Patrick, Charles Rangel, John Conyers, and the current President of the United States, Barack Obama

These are some of the black LEADERS in the DemocratIC party.

how can they be slaves when they are masters themselves?

Republicans call them slaves because republicans can only veiw black people as slaves

Jim Clyburn, Ed Towns, Maxine Waters, John Lewis, Deval Patrick, Charles Rangel, John Conyers, and the current President of the United States, Barack Obama

These are some of the black LEADERS in the DemocratIC party.

how can they be slaves when they are masters themselves?

Let's make an equivalent list of elected black leaders in the Republican party. I'll start:

Ok, maybe you should start....

You're right, blacks should vote for the Party that insults them as a group. The GOP only has the best interests of blacks in mind with their insults, after all there is nothing racist about calling a race of people lazy leeches with no self responsibility.

Still not addressing a single point are you.
And no, I didn't expect you or any liberal to.

why are you so racist you refuse to understand that black people run the democratic party?

Forum List

Back