The 'Dangerous' Faith of President Bush

people.. come on now!!
this isn't about someone having faith..

its about someone having faith and trying to put that faith into our government..

just because bush says i'm christian isn't the problem.
and just because kerry says i'm catholic isn't the problem..

did everyone just overlook the text i typed???
and went straight to the links??

hahaha

so no one has anything to say about that??

wow.. amazing.
next time i'll leave the sites out so you respond accordingly.

missredeyes said:
people.. come on now!!
this isn't about someone having faith..

its about someone having faith and trying to put that faith into our government..

just because bush says i'm christian isn't the problem.
and just because kerry says i'm catholic isn't the problem..

did everyone just overlook the text i typed???
and went straight to the links??

hahaha

so no one has anything to say about that??

wow.. amazing.
next time i'll leave the sites out so you respond accordingly.

No but you conveniently overlooked ours.........No response??????

Zhukov said:
Sorry, no such gurantee exists. Moving on.

Geez, that page is just funny, and hardly to be taken seriously. Nice name tho. Here's their first Earth-shattering revelation of the impending domination of theocrat Lord God/Bush:

.....wow, mind boggling, get out the upside down crosses and the unholy water.

Adult U.S. population in 2001= 207,980,000
of whom identify as 'Christian'= 159,506,000
or >76%

http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/03statab/pop.pdf

That's what we call a super-majority.

Looks pretty Christian to me.

What? That's supposed to convince us he's trying to set up a theocracy in this country?

Hmmmm.

hahaha
i can't convince you of anything, any of you..
it wouldn't matter what site i put up.

this should be your slogan.

you are right. i am wrong. and you are never wrong. neither is bush. and everything bush does is right.

:clap:

missredeyes said:
if you can't answer me..

why should i answer you???

Well one of the main points you asserted is that Kerry won't bring his faith into the Whitehouse, and I just prvided proof that he claims that is exactly what he's going to do. So I guess your insider info was---- wrong??

Bonnie said:
Well one of the main points you asserted is that Kerry won't bring his faith into the Whitehouse, and I just prvided proof that he claims that is exactly what he's going to do. So I guess your insider info was---- wrong??

one last time for good measure...

ITS ABOUT NOT PUTTING FAITH INTO GOVERNMENT... INTO LAWS.

geez..

your skull must be a mile thick.

bonnie = :lame2:

missredeyes said:
one last time for good measure...

ITS ABOUT PUTTING FAITH INTO GOVERNMENT... INTO LAWS.
THAT IS WRONG.

geez..

your skull must be a mile thick.

bonnie = :lame2:

Okay, I think you need to take a more civil tone, you are starting to sound like a shrill banshee.

Secondly how is Kerry going to keep religion out of laws if he is bringing his faith to his job?.........That is no different than what you accuse Bush of doing.

missredeyes said:
hahaha
i can't convince you of anything, any of you..

If you can't even convince an atheist, you should really look into working on your approach. Really, you're not doing very well.

it wouldn't matter what site i put up.

this should be your slogan.

you are right. i am wrong.

I suppose it never occured to you that you were wrong?

Listen, why don't you go do some investigation into the role the Christian religion has played in the creation and development of this country. If you do that, you'll discover this country is as areligious as it has ever been since it's inception.

You'll discover the religious people of this country have been behind our most important liberal moves forward, from our form of limited government itself, to abolition, to civil rights, and so forth.

What you see is the erupting anger of a large segment of our population in response to what it correctly sees as the left's efforts to completely abolish religion from every aspect of public life, as it has been systematically doing for nearly 40 years now. For awhile the Christians have been taking it lying down. It looks like they've just about had enough doesn't it?

There is no separation of church clause in our Constitution nor did the writers of it intend there to be. There is a prohibition against the Government erecting a single state religious faith like Henry did with the Church of England. A state religion that would prohibit the exercise of differing faiths. If you truly believe a state religion is the President's aim, 1.) you haven't provided a shred of evidence to support your belief, 2.) you don't understand the mechanisms of the Federal Government, and 3.) you are quite conceivably delusional.

I am an atheist. There is no god in my Universe. The invocation on our money and in our courts is meaningless to me. But it does not offend me. I understand that the majority of my fellow Americans are Christians, and whether I like it or not this is a democracy, wherein the majority rules. They can believe whatever they like, I don't care. It doesn't bother me the President is open about his faith, I don't care. He doesn't like abortion? Well neither do I. We agree, that's enough for me. He thinks terrorists are evil and should be killed before they kill us? Me too. He thinks lowering taxes stimulates economic growth? That's a fact. He wants to provide matching federal funds to religious charities to help feed and clothe the poor, homeless, and malnourished? You seriously object to that? Just because you'd rather waste money to have that aid come out of a government building? I ask you, aside from burning more tax dollars, what is the difference?

No one is telling me what to believe. Is someone telling you?

Zhukov said:
If you can't even convince an atheist, you should really look into working on your approach. Really, you're not doing very well.

Listen, why don't you go do some investigation into the role the Christian religion has played in the creation and development of this country. If you do that, you'll discover this country is as areligious as it has ever been since it's inception.

You'll discover the religious people of this country have been behind our most important liberal moves forward, from our form of limited government itself, to abolition, to civil rights, and so forth.

What you see is the erupting anger of a large segment of our population in response to what it correctly sees as the left's efforts to completely abolish religion from every aspect of public life, as it has been systematically doing for nearly 40 years now. For awhile the Christians have been taking it lying down. It looks like they've just about had enough doesn't it?

There is no separation of church clause in our Constitution nor did the writers of it intend there to be. There is a prohibition against the Government erecting a single state religious faith like Henry did with the Church of England. A state religion that would prohibit the exercise of differing faiths. If you truly believe a state religion is the President's aim, 1.) you haven't provided a shred of evidence to support your belief, 2.) you don't understand the mechanisms of the Federal Government, and 3.) you are quite conceivably delusional.

I am an atheist. There is no god in my Universe. The invocation on our money and in our courts is meaningless to me. But it does not offend me. I understand that the majority of my fellow Americans are Christians, and whether I like it or not this is a democracy, wherein the majority rules. They can believe whatever they like, I don't care. It doesn't bother me the President is open about his faith, I don't care. He doesn't like abortion? Well neither do I. We agree, that's enough for me. He thinks terrorists are evil and should be killed before they kill us? Me too. He thinks lowering taxes stimulates economic growth? That's a fact. He wants to provide matching federal funds to religious charities to help feed and clothe the poor, homeless, and malnourished? You seriously object to that? Just because you'd rather waste money to have that aid come out of a government building? I ask you, aside from burning more tax dollars, what is the difference?

Wow. That was an awesome f***in' post!

White knight said:
It was the law of the time for an adulteress to be stoned to death, as it is still the law in some parts of the region today. Jesus broke from tradition and the law and set a example for his followers.
So you agree, leaders should keep their religious faith out of our laws and government and not use it to get votes.

Yes Jesus did break from his own religious traditions and laws by setting the example of killing the fig tree because he was hungry and the figs were not in season. Then he chased the demons out of those men and into the swine where he forced the living innocent beasts over the edge of a cliff. Then Jesus beat the money changers sitting outside the Temple and chasing them away.

He broke from his tradition alright.

Sounds like Jesus was an action hero before his time.
It still does not explain how you can be guided by faith on one issue and then turn away from the teaching of your faith on another issue, and claim that your faith is a part of everything you do. Politicians have no moral ground to stand on; we all know that they speak with forked tongues. Anyone who cannot admit this is living in a gumdrop fantasyland.
(Song-Who can take the War in Iraq and mixes it with spin? The candy man, Can, the candy man can, cause he mixes it with spin and make the world look good)

White knight said:
Sounds like Jesus was an action hero before his time.
It still does not explain how you can be guided by faith on one issue and then turn away from the teaching of your faith on another issue, and claim that your faith is a part of everything you do. Politicians have no moral ground to stand on; we all know that they speak with forked tongues. Anyone who cannot admit this is living in a gumdrop fantasyland.
(Song-Who can take the War in Iraq and mixes it with spin? The candy man, Can, the candy man can, cause he mixes it with spin and make the world look good)

You're the one who's a lying fake conservative. I don't believe you're a christian either. Go to a different site to execute your "pretend to be a conservative" script.

Zhukov said:

so you being an atheist..
you haven't seen any problem with the increasing power of religion on our country?
do you want our country to have the same kind of religious power as the catholics do overseas??

i've read red's posts.. and i think she has been very clear on her point of view.. and concerns with christianity gaining too much power.
yes there is a large majority of christians in this country.. does that mean they should have special government rights? or let into laws??

so what if religious groups are giving great help to the needy.. are they the only kind of group that can help?
it's probably very easy for them to help as much as they do, considering they are getting constant funds. when non-based religious groups are being discriminated from. just because some group isn't religious, doesn't mean they won't be as successful as faith-based groups.

my family has always been christian of some kind and what has always bothered me is that you are supposed to give a percentage of your check to them??
i don't want our country to fall into their control.

and why do you think he'll stop at abortion?
regardless of whether abortion is right or wrong (to each their own opinion)..
it is our right to have that choice.
if he takes that away..what else that he doesn't believe in will he take away?

i don't think you are seeing the bigger picture.

relaxing909 said:
so you being an atheist..
you haven't seen any problem with the increasing power of religion on our country?

No.

do you want our country to have the same kind of religious power as the catholics do overseas??

What? Less? Absolutely not. Secular Europe is a moral cesspool.

i've read red's posts.. and i think she has been very clear on her point of view.. and concerns with christianity gaining too much power.

Oh, yes, her point of view is quite clear. The rationale behind it however is not.

yes there is a large majority of christians in this country.. does that mean they should have special government rights?

No, and no one said they should.

or let into laws??

Care to rephrase that into something a little more understandable?

so what if religious groups are giving great help to the needy.. are they the only kind of group that can help?

No, and no one said they were.

it's probably very easy for them to help as much as they do, considering they are getting constant funds. when non-based religious groups are being discriminated from.

Name one. Religious charities were the ones being discriminated against. It is only thru the Faith Based Intiative that they are no longer banned from competeing for federal funds.

just because some group isn't religious, doesn't mean they won't be as successful as faith-based groups.

No, and no one said they couldn't be. Just that they aren't.

my family has always been christian of some kind and what has always bothered me is that you are supposed to give a percentage of your check to them??

Are you refering to tithing?

i don't want our country to fall into their control.

As a result of tithing?

and why do you think he'll stop at abortion?

I don't think he will. I think he wants to, but of course the ability to do so isn't within the purview of his office.

regardless of whether abortion is right or wrong (to each their own opinion)..
it is our right to have that choice.

What a philosophy. You've pretty much just OK'ed every single sort of illegal behavior.

if he takes that away..what else that he doesn't believe in will he take away?

The right to discriminate against religious people because they are religious.

Zhukov post:

i think you are wrong in saying that left's efforts are to completely abolish religion from every aspect of public life...

they are only trying to keep the seperation of church and state.

i think you underestimate the power of the church.
the power of when people think 'god' is telling them to do something.
maybe the catholic church has less power now.. but look at history.. look at how they had controlled that area..

wait and what did bush say?
that god told him to fight the war in iraq?
thats fucking ridiculous..

relaxing909 said:
i think you are wrong in saying that left's efforts are to completely abolish religion from every aspect of public life...

I think you are naive.

they are only trying to keep the seperation of church and state.

I don't know how many times I have to type this out for people to understand: there is no Constitutional guarantee of a seperation of Church and State.

i think you underestimate the power of the church.
the power of when people think 'god' is telling them to do something.

I don't.

maybe the catholic church has less power now.. but look at history.. look at how they had controlled that area..

Then you should have phrased your question in the past tense.

wait and what did bush say?
that god told him to fight the war in iraq?
thats fucking ridiculous..

Link please.

rtwngAvngr said:
You're the one who's a lying fake conservative. I don't believe you're a christian either. Go to a different site to execute your "pretend to be a conservative" script.
I'm not the born again, the Decessed in the Pictures was, her faith and life was in the hands of a Born again. He did not put down his stone.

White knight said:
I'm not the born again, the Decessed in the Pictures was, her faith and life was in the hands of a Born again. He did not put down his stone.

Your nose is growing, Pinocchio. Now I fear you'll never become a real little boy.

whatever Zhukov

are you sure you're an athiest?

you can come out and confess you're a closet christian! its okay ;)
i won't hold it against you.

Forum List

Back