The 'Dangerous' Faith of President Bush

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Bonnie, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    www.townhall.com/columnists/davidlimbaugh/printdl20041019.shtml

Why do you suppose President Bush gets so much flak for his faith and John kerry is applauded for his professions of faith--by the very same people? Could it be that the faith-allergic fear that President Bush is actually sincere about his faith?

As I recall, while President Bush made no secret during the debates of his reliance on God, it was not him, but John Kerry who was citing scripture--or trying to. And it was Kerry who said, "my faith affects everything I do, in truth."

Yet mainstream media secularists continue to depict President Bush, not Senator Kerry, as some fire-breathing colonial Puritan whose rigid faith is both an enemy to reaon--even reality--and to the nation itself.

There is a method, beyond christian-bashing, to this pragmatic secular media madness. They just want to paint George Bush as an intolerant Christian bogot, but as a person whose worldview blinds him to facts, reason and reality. This explains why he attacked Iraq, irrespective of the "facts" about WMD.

President Bush's Christianity is not an enemy of his reason or deliberation. It is not an enemy of his fact-based desisions or slef-reflection. It is the rock upon which he depends in these exceedingly tough times.

Even extreme chruch-state seperatists, until recently, didn't make the absurd demand that our leaders divorce their faith from their governace. Nor are they requiring it of John Kerry.

What is clear is that secularists like Suskind don't believe that strong, committed Christians are well suited for governace. It is also clear they don't worry about John Kerry in this regard, which speaks volumes about their assessment of the sincerity of kerry's professions of faith. Self-professing Christians may still hold office, provided they either aren't sincere about their faith or they keep it in the closet with the door closed and lock secured.

2. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Exactly.

The left is perfectly comfortable with someone who professes serious religious beliefs.........so long as they are lying.

3. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    If we listen to some, the only ones qualified to run for office are those who believe in nothing...oh wait... we have a candidate like that.

4. shadrack

shadrack Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    My dislike for Bush is on account of his view on American Nationalism and how he jusifies that nationalism with his religion - armed evangelism.

5. deaddude

deaddude Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    As long as religious belief is not used as a reason for government action then i have no problem with Religion. Bush's or Kerry's.

6. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Better lay off the coffee !

You know I have never equated of freedom and democracy with evangelism. Furthermore what is wrong with American Nationalism ? I thought being patriotic and loving one's country was a good thing.

7. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Pride in your country is not a good thing to the left. I can practically see Democratic politicians cringe whenever they have to say "God bless America" for a photo-op.

8. deaddude

deaddude Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Nationalism can be preyed upon. It can be used for manipulation of the masses by a charismatic leader. Not saying bush has done that, but it has happened (example Hitler).

9. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I for one will take my chances and love my country. I have enough faith in myself to know what is right and what is wrong, and am not easily pursuaded by so called charismatic figures.

10. deaddude

deaddude Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    No one was asking you not to. I was just pointing out that you can have too much of a good thing with regard to nationalism. As long as your love of your country does not effect your moral and rational judgement it is fine by me.