The 'Dangerous' Faith of President Bush

I know it does not look like it at times, but I'm a Bush support.
I'm old enough to understand they are both useless, just some more then others.
I trash both candidates

White knight said:
I trash both candidates

warning casual web browser:White Knight has already been outed as a "fake conservative". Do no believe him, he is the father of lies.

White knight said:
I trash both candidates

It's cute when people say they are smarter than everyone else. :)

rtwngAvngr said:
warning casual web browser:White Knight has already been outed as a "fake conservative". Do no believe him, he is the father of lies.
How can I be a fake conservative if I have never claimed to be a conservative? Can you explain that one please? Start a thread and explain what being a Con is all about, I would bet that my views would make you look like a bleeding heart liberal.
I’m just not gullible enough to get on any party train. I think I hear the Republican Party whistle blowing, you better run along and get on board you might miss it.

White knight said:
How can I be a fake conservative if I have never claimed to be a conservative? Can you explain that one please? Start a thread and explain what being a Con is all about, I would bet that my views would make you look like a bleeding heart liberal.
I’m just not gullible enough to get on any party train. I think I hear the Republican Party whistle blowing, you better run along and get on board you might miss it.

Whatever you say, fake conservative. :dunno:

Nice distraction,
now lets get back on topic.
So, the Truth is not the way.

White knight said:
Nice distraction,

What is the truth White Knight? There is no god? Can you prove that? I would accept anyone who says they're agnostic, that's fair. BUt to claim there is no god and you can prove it is just an arrogant lie.

The key problem Dubbyuh has, or for that matter, anyone else who claims to divine the "Will of God" is that they mistake their own desires for those of God. And the problem with claiming to know the desires of God is that, by definition, God is entirely beyond human perception. How does one know the unknowable? Simple...You make it up.

White knight said:
Nice distraction,

You'll find, old son, that if they cannot discredit or meaningfully refute one's arguments posted here, they will attempt to discredit the poster. :(

Bullypulpit said:
The key problem Dubbyuh has, or for that matter, anyone else who claims to divine the "Will of God" is that they mistake their own desires for those of God. And the problem with claiming to know the desires of God is that, by definition, God is entirely beyond human perception. How does one know the unknowable? Simple...You make it up.

Bush doesn't claim divine right, get a grip on yourself, man.

Your hatred of religion is antiamerican.

Bullypulpit said:
You'll find, old son, that if they cannot discredit or meaningfully refute one's arguments posted here, they will attempt to discredit the poster. :(

Sound like a Karla Rove tactic.

Bullypulpit said:

THis is just another liberal/conservative difference. We feel character matters. If a person has been outed as a fake conservative previously, that fact should be referred to often in a public forum.

rtwngAvngr said:
THis is just another liberal/conservative difference. We feel character matters. If a person has been outed as a fake conservative previously, that fact should be referred to often in a public forum.

Actually, its the characteristic of a child who can't answer and resorts to "Nyah! Nyah! Nyah!"

undefined
missredeyes said:
its not the fact that bush is very religious that scares people..

its the fact that he tries to push that belief on EVERYONE using our government.

being christian is one thing.. trying to force everyone in sharing his beliefs and morals is another (i.e. trying to pass laws that coincide with christianity morals)

like it or not.. christianity isn't the only belief in this world.

what ever happened to keeping church out of state??

First redeyes please elaborate on everyone. Just because you make your decisions without a core system of belief in God does not mean all people must derive their decisions this way. Also the history of church out of state is actually backwards. Those fleeing an oppressive government telling them how to believe sought out freedom from state to worship how they pleased. We have come a long way to be pc and not insult anyone causing those with beliefs to be maligned and criticized for their beliefs. I am a christian, for marriage ammendment, abortions are murder, presidents who do not teach my children sexual acts that I have to tell them about, is meaning is, lying under oath being a reason for impeachment, a president that's portrait does not hang in the museum in Hochimein City as a war hero for the north vietnamese. With or without being a christian all of those issues would still be valid for me. zzzmykids

rtwngAvngr said:
What is the truth White Knight? There is no god? Can you prove that? I would accept anyone who says they're agnostic, that's fair. BUt to claim there is no god and you can prove it is just an arrogant lie.
How can one who claims to follow the truth (Christ) not follow the way?
No diversions this time.

White knight said:
How can one who claims to follow the truth (Christ) not follow the way?
No diversions this time.

People's interpretations of the way vary from church to church, congregation to congregation, and individual to individual. Luckily we have freedom of thought in this country, we're not a theocracy, and no one has designs to make it one, contrary to your lies.

rtwngAvngr said:
People's interpretations of the way vary from church to church, congregation to congregation, and individual to individual. Luckily we have freedom of thought in this country, we're not a theocracy, and no one has designs to make it one, contrary to your lies.
How convent.
Definition:to interpret our own ways to understand or explain the sense or intention of usually in a particular way or with respect to a given set of circumstances
Our own way and not the way of Christ,. Can our own way also be the way of Christ?
http://www.cnn.com/US/9802/03/tucker/

Bonnie said:
Well Bush is not saying everyone has to be Christian, and the fact that you have proof positive inside knowledge that Bush based his actions about the war soley on faith is laughable!
I never said Liberals have made changes or amendments to the constitution based on religious theology, that would be laughable also, rather my point was they make changes and it gets shoved down the christian majority's collective throats.... but claim it's okay BECAUSE it's not based on religious theology. So in other words as long as it's laws or changes that make secularists happy then hey that's all that matters right???
I could care less who you would like to see as president, this thread is about something much more important than that............it's about how leaders (specifically Bush)are being taken to task because they bring Christain principals into their jobs just as the rest of us do, and being accused that that somehow renders them incapable of making wise or constitutional decisions. Gee how very tolerant and open minded..........
Oh and the part about the media would be all over it if Liberals changed the Constitution to suit their liking :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: particularly nice touch!!!

i'm surpised your head just doesn't explode sometimes hahaha.
because you obviously can't put two and two together correctly.

keeping religion out of laws.. out of government.. helps protect all of us in this country, especially the citizens with different faiths other than christianity.
so your comment on...just as so long it makes the securalists happy..
yes.. securalists and all of us who don't believe in our presidents faith.

securalists by definition means : [n] an advocate of secularism; someone who believes that religion should be excluded from government and education

why do you feel so threatened by securalists?
if you feel threatened by them.. are you threatened by every other group of people that think religion should not be in government or education?

and this comment about bush taken to task because he brings his beliefs into his work just like everyone else. HAHAHAHA
he's the president you moron!!!
you cannot compare your job to his,or any other citizens.
his 'one' kind of many faiths in this world.. in this country, should not be put into laws or government..
if that happens, then every kind of faith needs to be in government.
and that wouldn't be a smart idea now would it?

Its very much contrary to what our founding fathers founded our nation on. They were monotheists, but not christians, and in fact had a lot of contempt for christianity.

By blurring the line between church and state, Bush sets a dangerous precedent. It is a dangerous line to alienate anyone in our culture, from secular humanists, atheists, agnostics, etc.

Any time a state begins a slide into theocracy, it is in danger of moving in a direction of religious totalitarianism and can no longer function as any sort of democracy. The tenets of religion are completely antithetical to democracy, everyone must believe as you do or be condemned to some hell or be unenlightened, etc.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1374/is_6_61/ai_79974175

http://www.theocracywatch.org/

http://www.comlinks.com/polintel/pi040824.htm

^^^
just a few links.

missredeyes said:

Third line:

"In spite of the constitutional guarantee of separation of church and state in the United States, there is substantial evidence today of theocratic influence and efforts to control the country."

Sorry, no such gurantee exists. Moving on.

Geez, that page is just funny, and hardly to be taken seriously. Nice name tho. Here's their first Earth-shattering revelation of the impending domination of theocrat Lord God/Bush:

"The Republican Party of Texas affirms that the United States
is a Christian nation."

.....wow, mind boggling, get out the upside down crosses and the unholy water.

Adult U.S. population in 2001= 207,980,000
of whom identify as 'Christian'= 159,506,000
or >76%

http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/03statab/pop.pdf

That's what we call a super-majority.

Looks pretty Christian to me.

First line:

"Bush Creates Islamic Theocracy

The total blundering by Rumsfeld, Cheney, Bremmer, Wolfowitz et. al. in the aftermath of the invasion of Iraq, and toppling of the Saddam Husein will have one long lasting result.

The eventual creation of a Islamic Theocracy, hostile to the United States,"

What? That's supposed to convince us he's trying to set up a theocracy in this country?

missredeyes said:
you moron!!!

Hmmmm.

missredeyes said:
i'm surpised your head just doesn't explode sometimes hahaha.
because you obviously can't put two and two together correctly.

keeping religion out of laws.. out of government.. helps protect all of us in this country, especially the citizens with different faiths other than christianity.
so your comment on...just as so long it makes the securalists happy..
yes.. securalists and all of us who don't believe in our presidents faith.

securalists by definition means : [n] an advocate of secularism; someone who believes that religion should be excluded from government and education

why do you feel so threatened by securalists?
if you feel threatened by them.. are you threatened by every other group of people that think religion should not be in government or education?

and this comment about bush taken to task because he brings his beliefs into his work just like everyone else. HAHAHAHA
he's the president you moron!!!
you cannot compare your job to his,or any other citizens.
his 'one' kind of many faiths in this world.. in this country, should not be put into laws or government..
if that happens, then every kind of faith needs to be in government.
and that wouldn't be a smart idea now would it?

Its very much contrary to what our founding fathers founded our nation on. They were monotheists, but not christians, and in fact had a lot of contempt for christianity.

By blurring the line between church and state, Bush sets a dangerous precedent. It is a dangerous line to alienate anyone in our culture, from secular humanists, atheists, agnostics, etc.

Any time a state begins a slide into theocracy, it is in danger of moving in a direction of religious totalitarianism and can no longer function as any sort of democracy. The tenets of religion are completely antithetical to democracy, everyone must believe as you do or be condemned to some hell or be unenlightened, etc.

http://www.theocracywatch.org/

^^^
just a few links.

Heres a link for you
www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/21/kerry.guns.ap

Ill help you out with this:

At a town hall meeting inXenia, he talked about taking his rosary into battle during the Vietnam War. "I WILL BRING MY FAITH WITH ME TO THE WHITE HOUSE AND IT WILL GUIDE ME," Kerry said..........

Gee, so much for kerry not bringing his faith to the presidency. That is the Presidency now! It also says he is courting us so called religious folk who just want to shove religion down everyone's throats............HMMMM

Seems like your the only one getting hysterical and scared. ;)

Forum List

Back