Zone1 The Catholic Church is the most misunderstood/vilified "thing" in the world

I was in parochial school as well. We were never hit by nuns or anyone else. ...

By the way. A short time ago I met a Lutheran priestess who baptized two older children. I was - I am - very impressed from her. My daughter told me: Her father had abused her when she had been a little child. Later she was educated from nuns - and the love of this nuns made her to hear His call to become a priestess of her Lutheran church.

ding

A little lesson in logic, US-Russian! A hope is not able to be "fake-news". Same with an opinion. If I am really wrong then you should perhaps try to start to think about how this was possible. Sure: I'm Satan because I am a Catholic - but could there be also other reasons?

Last edited:
and it always has been because Jesus promised we who follow Him would be

"hated by all because of His name"
Mk 13:13 and other psgs

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention it is also the most hated thing in history... which is evidenced by the posts and threads here of

well, just about anyone who isn't Catholic...

Sad, so many people are not inside the Church Christ founded.. They seem to think there is a better 'church' out there founded by a human being

where there are no ...

sinners
It's vilified for it's sins and its unscriptural roots

This can be corrected by allowing priests to marry. This will attract heterosexual men to the priesthood, which will make it an uncomfortable atmosphere for the perverts.
HALF of all priests violate their vow on a regular basis. More than 90% have at some point. If they can't keep their vow they need to leave, or that church needs to get in step with the scriptures if they insist onto believing they are God's church

This unscriptural doctrine directly violated the scriptures.

Last edited:
HALF of all priests violate their vow on a regular basis. More than 90% have at some point. If they can't keep their vow they need to leave, or that church needs to get in step with the scriptures if they insist onto believing they are God's church

This unscriptural doctrine directly violated the scriptures.
They claim to be "eunuchs for the works' sake". They are actually throwbacks of the old Babylonian Mystery religion.

Yes, but there are many hetero priests too who fornicate and commit adultery. It's not JUST pedophilia. The whole setup is unscriptural and unworkable.
Sadly true.
Catholic parents shouldn't allow their young sons to become 'altar boys' or choir members. Keep them as far away from the priests as possible.

Last edited:
Sadly true.
Catholic parents shouldn't allow their young sons to become 'altar boys' or choir members. Keep them as far away from the priests as possible.
Have you investigated how much contact a priest has with either altar servers or choir members? Or, do you have to go back forty years? Not that you would be able to find contact with choir members even then...

Throughout the Bible God puts great emphasis on obedience.
for sanctification, not for salvation or justification. If we could obey our way to heaven then why did Jesus die. Also how much obedience? 90? 75 35 percent? exactly. hundreds of scriptures proving salvation is a free gift you cannot earn it. why is this so hard to grasp for catholics?

As already explained...it's in the Bible. Think about it. Jesus taught repentance for the forgiveness of sins. In the Catholic faith, we turn away from that sin, replacing it with obedience. We confess the sin, we, by God's grace, are forgiven the sin, and also by God's grace we do the good works he planned in advance for us to do. By his grace, we are justified. All of this is Biblical and Apostolic tradition. This is the way of our worship and our glorifying God.

Your way of worshiping and glorifying God is by believing by Christ's work, your soul, yet to be born, no matter how great its sins, are already justified by God due to the fact Christ' blood is justified and his blood covers all your sins, past,present, future.

I've said on this forum many times: When it comes to others beliefs and worship, we are on holy ground.

As I set forth, Catholic belief includes many Biblical teachings.
As I set forth, your denomination focuses on one.

Both these are holy ground, and when it comes to worship and glorifying God, who am I to desecrate your denomination's worship and glorification of God--and by the same token, who are you to desecrate Catholic worship and glorification of God?
you believe your obedience saves you- we do not- therefore youre not trusting in Jesus' finished work at the cross- that simple- you obey to try to get saved- we obey because we are already saved- huge difference- no amount of works (obedience) can save you- so if you think obeying Jesus will save you youre in for a rude awakening. You don't need Jesus then.

As already explained...it's in the Bible. Think about it. Jesus taught repentance for the forgiveness of sins. In the Catholic faith, we turn away from that sin, replacing it with obedience. We confess the sin, we, by God's grace, are forgiven the sin, and also by God's grace we do the good works he planned in advance for us to do. By his grace, we are justified. All of this is Biblical and Apostolic tradition. This is the way of our worship and our glorifying God.

Your way of worshiping and glorifying God is by believing by Christ's work, your soul, yet to be born, no matter how great its sins, are already justified by God due to the fact Christ' blood is justified and his blood covers all your sins, past,present, future.

I've said on this forum many times: When it comes to others beliefs and worship, we are on holy ground.

As I set forth, Catholic belief includes many Biblical teachings.
As I set forth, your denomination focuses on one.

Both these are holy ground, and when it comes to worship and glorifying God, who am I to desecrate your denomination's worship and glorification of God--and by the same token, who are you to desecrate Catholic worship and glorification of God?
while we were STILL SINNERS we were justified and saved past tense as Jesus died for us and all our sins not just some.

you believe your obedience saves you
I've gone over this dozens of times, and choose not to pursue your lie again this time. Obedience is the way of salvation.

A question that does interest me: If you are of the mind there is no need for obedience in this life (where we enter the kingdom of God), are you imagining there is no need for obedience in the next life, either? Are you thinking Christ's blood still covers any wrong-doing in the next life as well?

Have you investigated how much contact a priest has with either altar servers or choir members? Or, do you have to go back forty years? Not that you would be able to find contact with choir members even then...
I'm guessing those kids have the most contact with the priests.

I've gone over this dozens of times, and choose not to pursue your lie again this time. Obedience is the way of salvation.

So by your obedience you are saved?

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.​

Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.​

So by your obedience you are saved?
What you are not understanding, is the Catholic belief that Jesus redeemed all the world, and opened the way of salvation--i.e., repentance for the forgiveness of sins, which is what he called for throughout the Gospels.

Forum List

Back