Zone1 The Catholic Church is the most misunderstood/vilified "thing" in the world

The Catholic Church is the most misunderstood/vilified "thing" in the world​

Yeah, my heart bleeds for you ...

8343.jpg

Jesus' life, death, and resurrection redeemed the entire world so that all could enter the way of salvation. Salvation is (by God's grace) the call to repentance/the turning away from sin and disobedience and turning to obedience and doing good

You cannot work your way into Heaven. Salvation is brought to you through Jesus. He gave us both justification and salvation. It is a gift.

1 Corinthians 6:10-12 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

You cannot work your way into Heaven. Salvation is brought to you through Jesus. He gave us both justification and salvation. It is a gift.

1 Corinthians 6:10-12 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
i wonder why God didnt tell her how many works? 10, 100, 1000? lol

And this is something non-Catholic Christians cannot seem to grasp. Catholics live the entire Bible. Too many other denominations seem to focus on a verse here and a verse there and seem clueless about the rest. When you post a verse as you are so fond of doing, I see all the verses, all the books, you left out.

Catholics pray Psalms, and one that comes readily to mind is, "Send forth your spirit and renew the face of the Earth." Of course, there is the Lord's prayer that we say every time we meet, "Thy will be done on Earth as it is in heaven." And also, Jesus' teaching that we are to discern the will of God and follow it...which means doing the good God planned in advanced for us to do.

We are the face of the Earth. Catholics have never seemed as worried about heaven as other denominations. You people are the hammer who are so worried about "working your way to heaven" that when you see Catholics at work with the Spirit of God renewing the face of the Earth, for God's will to be done on Earth as it is in in heaven, of a people following God's will doing the good he planned in advance for us to do, all you see is that proverbial nail "working its way to heaven" and you keep hammering away at it.

For once and for all could you people get it through those thick heads that no one is working their way to heaven; rather we are at work renewing the face of the Earth. Renewing the Earth begins one soul at a time (our own) to repent/turn away from sin and to the obedience of doing the good God planned in advance for us to do.

For once and for all could you people get it through those thick heads that no one is working their way to heaven; rather we are at work renewing the face of the Earth. Renewing the Earth begins one soul at a time (our own) to repent/turn away from sin and to the obedience of doing the good God planned in advance for us to do.
At the risk of being accused of nitpicking, this is not entirely accurate. We do have to work our way to Heaven. Even prayer can be work when we don't want to pray about or for some certain thing or person. It is, as Jesus said, easy to love those who love you, not so easy to love our enemies and yet we are told to pray for them. I admit/confess I am not the best person at this .. but I do it sporadically.

It is work to be different than the person you naturally are, the sinful person you were born as. It is a lot of work to look inside your soul and see the ugly there and work on rooting it out.

Most people here at the board don't seem to understand THAT one at all. They are too busy pointing a finger at others

while the proverbial 3 fingers continue to point back to them

At the risk of being accused of nitpicking, this is not entirely accurate. We do have to work our way to Heaven. Even prayer can be work when we don't want to pray about or for some certain thing or person. It is, as Jesus said, easy to love those who love you, not so easy to love our enemies and yet we are told to pray for them. I admit/confess I am not the best person at this .. but I do it sporadically.

It is work to be different than the person you naturally are, the sinful person you were born as. It is a lot of work to look inside your soul and see the ugly there and work on rooting it out.

Most people here at the board don't seem to understand THAT one at all. They are too busy pointing a finger at others

while the proverbial 3 fingers continue to point back to them
And that goes back to repentance/renewing our spirits, not redemption or salvation. Yes, sometimes it seems like a fine line, but you renewing yourself is renewing the face of the earth as well.

And that goes back to repentance/renewing our spirits, not redemption or salvation. Yes, sometimes it seems like a fine line, but you renewing yourself is renewing the face of the earth as well.
well, I don't recall Church or Scripture putting it that way. And as you know, protestants are big on going by Scripture

even if it is only a few psgs quoted over and over while ignoring 80% of the others

:banghead:

And this is something non-Catholic Christians cannot seem to grasp. Catholics live the entire Bible. Too many other denominations seem to focus on a verse here and a verse there and seem clueless about the rest. When you post a verse as you are so fond of doing
We have provided you with scripture from all over the Bible, that you just ignore. A major theme in the Book is that salvation, justification are a gift. If that rubs you the wrong way, then perhaps the problem lies with your belief system. There is nothing you can do to complete Christ's work on the cross. Here is more scripture that tells who how you were sanctified. You have nothing to do with it"

Acts 26:18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.

Hebrews 10:14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.​

John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.​

Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.​

^There, just pick one. There are multitudes of scripture that tell you who is in control. Whose work never even mentions our participation.
"You people" can't even agree on your own importance. You pray David's prayer, misery is working her way to Heaven by disparaging anyone who doesn't share her convoluted beliefs. Then attacks them for her own edification. She welcomes attacks on posters here.

And as you know, protestants are big on going by Scripture
Oh the arrogance. You have been been vilifying Protestants since day one. If you had the Holy Spirit, you would rest. Goodness comes from the indwelling of Christ in us. Not going after others in the badlands. You are wise in your own eyes and bereft of understanding scripture which is why you avoid it and rely on your own folly. And how we are to respond to your nastiness.
Proverbs 26:5 “Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.”

You owe Im2 an apology. You hurt him for no reason but for your own lust for attention.

Matthew 12:35 The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil

We have provided you with scripture from all over the Bible, that you just ignore. A major theme in the Book is that salvation, justification are a gift. If that rubs you the wrong way, then perhaps the problem lies with your belief system. There is nothing you can do to complete Christ's work on the cross. Here is more scripture that tells who how you were sanctified. You have nothing to do with it"

Acts 26:18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.

Hebrews 10:14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.​

John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.​

Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.​

^There, just pick one. There are multitudes of scripture that tell you who is in control. Whose work never even mentions our participation.
"You people" can't even agree on your own importance. You pray David's prayer, misery is working her way to Heaven by disparaging anyone who doesn't share her convoluted beliefs. Then attacks them for her own edification. She welcomes attacks on posters here.

Oh the arrogance. You have been been vilifying Protestants since day one. If you had the Holy Spirit, you would rest. Goodness comes from the indwelling of Christ in us. Not going after others in the badlands. You are wise in your own eyes and bereft of understanding scripture which is why you avoid it and rely on your own folly. And how we are to respond to your nastiness.
Proverbs 26:5 “Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.”

You owe Im2 an apology. You hurt him for no reason but for your own lust for attention.

Matthew 12:35 The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil
Redemption is a gift. Salvation is accepting that gift and manifesting that gift. Lip service won't cut it.

and it always has been because Jesus promised we who follow Him would be

"hated by all because of His name"
Mk 13:13 and other psgs

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention it is also the most hated thing in history... which is evidenced by the posts and threads here of

well, just about anyone who isn't Catholic...

Sad, so many people are not inside the Church Christ founded.. They seem to think there is a better 'church' out there founded by a human being

where there are no ...

sinners
Catholics are kick-ass!

I think there's a communication gap is all.

I'm sure she recognizes that some Christians are Christian in name only. If so then what I wrote should make sense to her.
ir does not seem terribly self aware!

Understatement

well, I don't recall Church or Scripture putting it that way. And as you know, protestants are big on going by Scripture

even if it is only a few psgs quoted over and over while ignoring 80% of the others
I was in a hurry when I responded and thought you might also be referencing purgatory? Salvation of those in purgatory is not in doubt. As you have noted at some time, it is a final purification of the soul/spirit.

Forum List

Back