Zone1 I put down my rosary last night... here's why

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
I came to the part in the Sorrowful Mysteries (which are on the Passion of Christ)

and I just could not go on because I didn't want to think of Jesus going through all that... It's odd because I've prayed the Sorrowful Mysteries many many times before and could also continue on.

I didn't forget about Jesus when I stopped praying the rosary last night... No, I thought of all kinds of things related to Him and related to Calvary... things I can barely remember right at this time off the top of my head. But He and I had a lovely "conversation"... no words involved!

I am hoping I get beyond this distaste for the albeit horrific details of the Crucifixion... which, again, the level of dislike was unusual... i didn't understand it myself.

But here's something nonCatholics won't get: that Catholics actually do pray in ways that don't involve the rosary... hard to believe, I guess....

Non-Catholics know that misery. Christians know that, and how important prayer is for all of us.
God doesn't want you living sorrowfully and miserably. And I am so glad for your heart to heart conversations with God. You can get past the horrific details of Christ's death, by remembering that He defeated death and lives. Dwell on His victory and praise His name in the sunshine and the rain. Soon, you will be dancing.
Have any praise and worship songs you like? When your down let praise lift you right back up.
See you in Heaven.

I came to the part in the Sorrowful Mysteries (which are on the Passion of Christ)

and I just could not go on because I didn't want to think of Jesus going through all that... It's odd because I've prayed the Sorrowful Mysteries many many times before and could also continue on.

I didn't forget about Jesus when I stopped praying the rosary last night... No, I thought of all kinds of things related to Him and related to Calvary... things I can barely remember right at this time off the top of my head. But He and I had a lovely "conversation"... no words involved!

I am hoping I get beyond this distaste for the albeit horrific details of the Crucifixion... which, again, the level of dislike was unusual... i didn't understand it myself.

But here's something nonCatholics won't get: that Catholics actually do pray in ways that don't involve the rosary... hard to believe, I guess....

I wish more people would spend an hour or two in Eucharistic Adoration.

What I learned last time was that Our Lord has been on that cross for nearly two thousand years, and it's up to me to do what I can to help get Him to that time when He no longer needs to suffer for my sins.

Someone told me that it wasn't nails holding Him to that cross. It was His love for me.

I will remember these things when those Sorrowful Mysteries seem too heavy to contemplate.

God doesn't want you living sorrowfully and miserably. And I am so glad for your heart to heart conversations with God. You can get past the horrific details of Christ's death, by remembering that He defeated death and lives. Dwell on His victory and praise His name in the sunshine and the rain. Soon, you will be dancing.
n.
we must remember what He endured

"By His stripes we are healed"

That's somewhere in the Bible

I wish more people would spend an hour or two in Eucharistic Adoration.

What I learned last time was that Our Lord has been on that cross for nearly two thousand years, and it's up to me to do what I can to help get Him to that time when He no longer needs to suffer for my sins.

Someone told me that it wasn't nails holding Him to that cross. It was His love for me.

I will remember these things when those Sorrowful Mysteries seem too heavy to contemplate.

It was very strange, the first time I have not been able to push forward past my abhorrence

I totally understand Peter when he said to Jesus

"God forbid" or whatever it was verbatim.. when Jesus said He was destined to die..

I love Peter.. He was so human, yet so in love w/ Jesus... and of course he was the first to recognize who Christ really was/is..

Oh wait.. No he wasn't. That would be MARY and of course Joseph

It was very strange, the first time I have not been able to push forward past my abhorrence

I totally understand Peter when he said to Jesus

"God forbid" or whatever it was verbatim.. when Jesus said He was destined to die..

I love Peter.. He was so human, yet so in love w/ Jesus... and of course he was the first to recognize who Christ really was/is..

Oh wait.. No he wasn't. That would be MARY and of course Joseph

I have so much to learn.

Oh, I'll tell you about it privately. Don't care to be ridiculed.

yeh, it does get tiresome..

esp being ridiculed by

I'm trying in this moment to adhere to my Christian beliefs..

well, u know... it's really bad when you're ridiculed bypeople who are

ok, here's the civilized version:

by people who are CLUELESS

(so proud of myself :) )

yeh, it does get tiresome..

esp being ridiculed by

I'm trying in this moment to adhere to my Christian beliefs..

well, u know... it's really bad when you're ridiculed bypeople who are

ok, here's the civilized version:

by people who are CLUELESS

(so proud of myself :) )

Yeah. I can no longer give a rip about John Lennon, but he did say something I'll never forget, and that I use a lot in here.

“When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.” John Lennon​

Ironic that the "liberals" turned into the "establishment" -- the violent ones. If I remember this quote when there's one of those annoying leftists in my face, I do okay.

You seem to have a great love for Christ and His Church

That is more important than being able to... I dunno... memorize the entire Bible like all those saintly Protestants have done..

It's a process, but it makes me a better person than I was yesterday and the day before.

we must remember what He endured

"By His stripes we are healed"

That's somewhere in the Bible
Yes, we must remember. It is why we take communion. <which in Greek means, "to give thanks". We do it in remembrance of what He went through to redeem us.
And you can take communion every day. You can do it with a piece of toast and a sip of coffee, in remembrance.
We are not called to live in His sorrow though. Because He came back! He lives.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!

Luke 1: 47 And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior

Romans 15:13
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit

1 Peter 1:8 You love him even though you have never seen him
. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.

Last edited:

Yeah. I can no longer give a rip about John Lennon, but he did say something I'll never forget, and that I use a lot in here.

“When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.” John Lennon​

Ironic that the "liberals" turned into the "establishment" -- the violent ones. If I remember this quote when there's one of those annoying leftists in my face, I do okay.

i didn't know he said that but it's true.

maybe it's why he got killed? never understood someone killing him, of all people..

Yes, we must remember. It is why we take communion. <which in Greek means, "to give thanks". We do it in remembrance of what He went through to redeem us.
And you can take communion every day. You can do it with a piece of toast and a sip of coffee, in remembrance.
We are not called to live in His sorrow though. Because He came back! He lives.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!

Luke 1: 47 And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior
Romans 15:13
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit

1 Peter 1:8 You love him even though you have never seen him
. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.
who says?

you?

:auiqs.jpg: :dunno:

no, I think it is

ANNOYING

maybe even AntiChrist

You enjoy causing discord, so a caution about you to anyone here that is new to Christ:​

Romans 16:17-18 I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites,​

Last edited:

Romans 16:17-18 I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites,​

I see you are talking to yourself again!

Well, for once I think you should!

This is a great message for people like you!

Few here on the board are as divisive as you are .

Forum List

Back