The Bible errors, contradictions and villainy.

Proven to MY satisfaction. If you can't face facts, that's your problem. If God created everything at about the same time, why are there millions of years between the appearance of different species in the fossil record?

Sorry, but your satisfaction does not equal fact. Who ever said that God created everything at the same time?

THE BIBLE!!! Isn't that on what you're basing your opposition to evolution? If you want to stick to the literal word of Genesis, don't tell me that "days" means something different than what we commonly mean it to be.

Ah, no, my opposition to evolution is that it isn't proven, it's theory. And yes, you would have to take the Bible literally, wouldn't you?

Proven to MY satisfaction. If you can't face facts, that's your problem. If God created everything at about the same time, why are there millions of years between the appearance of different species in the fossil record?

Sorry, but your satisfaction does not equal fact. Who ever said that God created everything at the same time?

THE BIBLE!!! Isn't that on what you're basing your opposition to evolution? If you want to stick to the literal word of Genesis, don't tell me that "days" means something different than what we commonly mean it to be.

Oh, my, you weren't alive then, were you, when Genesis was written? We are looking at it through our translated versions of what the narrator, a Hebrew about 3,000 years, was trying to understand of his universe. I believe the Bible is divine, but certainly not literal in the sense that is developed with and from the British evangelicals of the last 160 years.

Proven to your satisfaction? What a crock. :lol: What common ancestor and when did the divergence take place?

The exact anscestor may not be determined for many years, but they're closing in on it. Estimates of how long ago are in the range of ~5 million years.

May not be determined? It's either proven or it isn't? So, which is it?
may not be determined ?is there a GOD its either proven or it isnt which is it ?

same thing back to you .
BECAUSE we cant prove with 100% certainty how humans * evolved * doesnt make the *creation* theory true .

Oh, my, you weren't alive then, were you, when Genesis was written? We are looking at it through our translated versions of what the narrator, a Hebrew about 3,000 years, was trying to understand of his universe. I believe the Bible is divine, but certainly not literal in the sense that is developed with and from the British evangelicals of the last 160 years.
what ever if anything was lost in translation over the years still doesnt prove there is or ever was a god

in all of the works of the bible and other religious books god himself never wrote one word . you would think a deity with profound wisdom and one who is all knowing would at least know how to fucking write.
just because a scripe who lived thousand of years ago wrote that god said this god said that .... DOESNT MAKE IT TRUE .

Last edited:
Is there any thread on this board that doesnt devolve into a discussion on evolution?

The exact anscestor may not be determined for many years, but they're closing in on it. Estimates of how long ago are in the range of ~5 million years.

may not be determined ?is there a GOD its either proven or it isnt which is it ?

same thing back to you .
BECAUSE we cant prove with 100% certainty how humans * evolved * doesnt make the *creation* theory true .

But I'm not the one here claiming that 'the creation theory' is fact. You're friend here is the one claiming that the 'evolution theory' is fact. So, your point was what again?

what ever if anything was lost in translation over the years still doesnt prove there is or ever was a god

in all of the works of the bible and other religious books god himself never wrote one word . you would think a deity with profound wisdom and one who is all knowing would at least know how to fucking write.
just because a scripe who lived thousand of years ago wrote that god said this god said that .... DOESNT MAKE IT TRUE .

Whatever makes you happy, sweetie, just don't believe it then. It's really that simple. Why do you care what others believe or don't believe? Maybe you should ask yourself why you care so much that you feel the need to lash out at those who do? Seems to me that you're the one with the problem, not them.

You'll notice that this thread was started by someone just like yourself, it wasn't started by Christians claiming that the Bible was 100% true and everyone must believe in it. For every 100 threads like this attacking people of faith, you might find one where someone of faith is attacking those without it. The statistics aren't in favor of supporting your faux outrage.

Ah, no, my opposition to evolution is that it isn't proven, it's theory. And yes, you would have to take the Bible literally, wouldn't you?

It's a fallacy that the Bible has to be taken literally. Much of it is allegory. Since it's obvious that the earth and everything on it wasn't created in days, you have to use the brain God gave you and look at the evidence around you. The only other option I see is that you're saying God lies to us!!!

same thing back to you .

But I'm not the one here claiming that 'the creation theory' is fact. You're friend here is the one claiming that the 'evolution theory' is fact. So, your point was what again?
Dont know anybody here .

It's a fallacy that the Bible has to be taken literally. Much of it is allegory. Since it's obvious that the earth and everything on it wasn't created in days, you have to use the brain God gave you and look at the evidence around you. The only other option I see is that you're saying God lies to us!!!
options you ignore
who ever wrote the passages made it up
god is one character in a book of fiction

you take the whole thing far to seriously

Evolution- there are mountains of evidence for evolution.

The Big Bang is a theory. At this time what caused the Big Bang is speculation. Theres a lot we dont know, fathom, or understand about the universe. Kind of like when we once believed the world was flat.

Human evolution, well we all have some neanderthal in us according to recent studies.
Study: Neanderthal DNA Lives On in Modern Humans - TIME
Neanderthals, Humans Interbred
Neanderthal: 99.5 Percent Human | LiveScience

The problem with the 'big bang' theory is that it states that all matter was bunched up so tight that it caused an explosion. Where did all that matter come from? It had to be created some how.

I've got no problem saying God created the Big Bang and the rules by which the universe operates. Evolution is the result of those rules and there's ample evidence in the fossil record, and now by DNA science, that it happened.
who created god ?.. man thats who

What's great is that I am free to believe or not believe in the Bible however I choose, and the same goes for you. What I find interesting is that those who choose not to believe can't just mind their own business and leave those who do beleive alone.

options you ignore
who ever wrote the passages made it up
god is one character in a book of fiction

you take the whole thing far to seriously

So, why are you here talking about it again?

What's great is that I am free to believe or not believe in the Bible however I choose, and the same goes for you. What I find interesting is that those who choose not to believe can't just mind their own business and leave those who do beleive alone.

Now you're just being whiny. Nobody is doing anything to you. You freely came to this board to discuss issues. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Now you're just being whiny. Nobody is doing anything to you. You freely came to this board to discuss issues. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Tell me, did someone on 'your side' start this thread to bash those who believe in the Bible? It's a simple yes or no answer. :eusa_whistle: Who is being 'whiny' again? :lol:

Tell me, did someone on 'your side' start this thread to bash those who believe in the Bible? It's a simple yes or no answer. :eusa_whistle: Who is being 'whiny' again? :lol:

What is this "my side" business? We were discussing whether evolution was true or not. The answer is, YOU were getting whiny. At no point have you given any evidence to prove evolutionary theory wrong, but are constantly complaining about what others have said. I NEVER said I didn't believe in God or that the Bible didn't have its good points, just that the Genesis story isn't fact beyond "let there be light"(The Big Bang). I just feel that God got the process started and evolution was that process.

What is this "my side" business? We were discussing whether evolution was true or not. The answer is, YOU were getting whiny. At no point have you given any evidence to prove evolutionary theory wrong, but are constantly complaining about what others have said. I NEVER said I didn't believe in God or that the Bible didn't have its good points, just that the Genesis story isn't fact beyond "let there be light"(The Big Bang). I just feel that God got the process started and evolution was that process.

It's called a THEORY for a reason. No one has proven it either false or true, so it's solely your opinion that it's true. And I completely understand where you are coming from. I see no reason that God couldn't have designed it exactly as we discover it through science, and that scientific fact in no way negates the possibility of an intelligent designer. As a matter of fact, I think it's just the opposite, the more we uncover, the more it points to intelligent design and not randomness.

Well other than some historical stuff and who beget who stuff the bible is an error.

or at least it cannot be proven to be true.
The Bible is not an error. The error is in how you interpret it. People make mistakes in taking one verse out of context and using that one verse to make false claims. Like the claim "Jesus never said anything against homosexuality!" That is because he spoke on sexual immorality as a whole. The Bible in both new and old testaments condemns homosexuality.

The creation story is an error. We know from paleontology, biology and geology that the earth was not formed as described and that new species appearred millions of years apart.
Evolution has yet to be proven. The Bible is not in error. Even some so called evidence of evolution has been proven to be a hoax. The earth is not millions of years old. Evolution is just a non-believers excuse to deny the truth.

The creation story is an error. We know from paleontology, biology and geology that the earth was not formed as described and that new species appearred millions of years apart.

Actually, all those branches of science fully support the Biblical account, as explained here.

Don't have time to read the whole site. How about citing specific pages? Past experience with creationist arguments tells me that the real science is buried under misinformation, falsehoods and petty quibbling. If you know the topic well, you should be able to provide us with a better cite than that.
He linked it, you read it, don't use time as an excuse to deny the fact you are wrong.

It's called a THEORY for a reason. No one has proven it either false or true, so it's solely your opinion that it's true. And I completely understand where you are coming from. I see no reason that God couldn't have designed it exactly as we discover it through science, and that scientific fact in no way negates the possibility of an intelligent designer. As a matter of fact, I think it's just the opposite, the more we uncover, the more it points to intelligent design and not randomness.

You don't seem to understand the word 'theory'. It's NOT just someone's opinion, but a scientific explanation for what's observed, backed up by years of accumulated data. It's not a guess or wishful thinking. That's the realm of creationists, who discount evolution without ever adequately explaining what we find in the fossil record and how God could have created everything in "days" when our brains tell us through scientific tests that the whole process took billions of years. Evolution isn't just a matter of randomness, but the result of the Laws of Chemistry and Physics. If you're looking for "intelligent design", THAT'S where it lies.

Forum List

Back