The Bible errors, contradictions and villainy.

this is exactly why pagans have an oral history....you start writing all this stuff down and pretty soon someone is reviewing and editing, its all down hill from there

Those of you who affirmatively accept God as a commander of genocide mistake God and your relation to Him and the Bible itself.

The creation story is an error. We know from paleontology, biology and geology that the earth was not formed as described and that new species appearred millions of years apart.

Actually, all those branches of science fully support the Biblical account, as explained here.

The creation story is an error. We know from paleontology, biology and geology that the earth was not formed as described and that new species appearred millions of years apart.

Actually, all those branches of science fully support the Biblical account, as explained here.

Don't have time to read the whole site. How about citing specific pages? Past experience with creationist arguments tells me that the real science is buried under misinformation, falsehoods and petty quibbling. If you know the topic well, you should be able to provide us with a better cite than that.

I think its funny how Christians can say, "Well youve taken it out of context, thats not what it means at all." but when it comes to persecuting Muslims..........

Personally, I could never understand how God would want this information about your life handled by other humans before it reaches you.

Don't god kno humans are corrupt?

I think its funny how Christians can say, "Well youve taken it out of context, thats not what it means at all." but when it comes to persecuting Muslims..........

I am not going to speak for others, but I often point to the fact that Muslims routinely use the Quran to justify their attacks on non Muslims, theft, stoning, beheadings, and numerous other things that Christians, in general, no longer do. If anyone is actually taking the Quran out of contest it is not me, it is them.

QPW is 100% right. God did no such thing. The Israelite leadership justified this massacre in God's name, much as the butchers of the Twin Towers and their leaders.

Well other than some historical stuff and who beget who stuff the bible is an error.

or at least it cannot be proven to be true.

Seriously, US, all you do is prove that you are not terribly bright.

One does not have to be terribly bright to spot the contradictions in the bible.
And if one part is wrong, who is to say any of it is correct?

Does that mean that if I find errors in science texts I can throw all science out?

Don't have time to read the whole site. How about citing specific pages? Past experience with creationist arguments tells me that the real science is buried under misinformation, falsehoods and petty quibbling. If you know the topic well, you should be able to provide us with a better cite than that.

If all creation arguments are nothing more than misinformation and petty quibbling, you shouldn't need me to pick a specific page for you. All you would have to do would be pick one at random and you could easily debunk it.

Could you please repeat this in English so that a rational person might have a chance to respond?

God did tell the Israelites to kill all the inhabitants of Canaan.

Short answer, no.

The answer is not short, nor is it no. It is a definitive yes.

Deuteronomy 7:2

2 and when the LORD your God delivers them(inhabitants of Canaan) before you and you defeat them, (A)then you shall utterly destroy them (B)You shall make no covenant with them (C)and show no favor to them.

Deuteronomy 20:16

16 "(A)Only in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes.

Numbers 33:50-52,Deuteronomy 7:2,Deuteronomy 20:16 - Passage*Lookup - New American Standard Bible - BibleGateway.com

Concerning Midians
Numbers 31:1-54(King James Version)

7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.

15 And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?

16 Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Numbers 31:1-54 - Passage*Lookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Seriously, US, all you do is prove that you are not terribly bright.

One does not have to be terribly bright to spot the contradictions in the bible.
And if one part is wrong, who is to say any of it is correct?

Does that mean that if I find errors in science texts I can throw all science out?

No, because science changes with every new discovery. My family has encyclopedias that are 75 years old. Are they accurate? Hell no. They are neat to look at but nothing else.

If all creation arguments are nothing more than misinformation and petty quibbling, you shouldn't need me to pick a specific page for you. All you would have to do would be pick one at random and you could easily debunk it.

Evolution- there are mountains of evidence for evolution.

The Big Bang is a theory. At this time what caused the Big Bang is speculation. Theres a lot we dont know, fathom, or understand about the universe. Kind of like when we once believed the world was flat.

Human evolution, well we all have some neanderthal in us according to recent studies.
Study: Neanderthal DNA Lives On in Modern Humans - TIME
Neanderthals, Humans Interbred
Neanderthal: 99.5 Percent Human | LiveScience

The one page I did look at said-

"Atheism vs. theism is sometimes misrepresented as ‘science’ vs. ‘faith’. This is untrue because evolution is a worldview that is also based on faith."

Lets say it this way: Atheism vs. theism is more like observation vs. hope.

Say there are two companies that are competing to make the fastest train ever made on earth. One company is called Scientofia the other the W.W.J.D. Corporation.

Scientofia uses theory and calculations and tests to come up with a design they consider to be the best vehicle to withstand the rigorous stress it would under go during travel.

W.W.J.D. Corp. uses hope and faith.

Which would you ride with?

One is a failed example of a realistic world application. Its great for a religious belief but not for real world applications.

The Big Bang is a theory. At this time what caused the Big Bang is speculation. Theres a lot we dont know, fathom, or understand about the universe. Kind of like when we once believed the world was flat.

Human evolution, well we all have some neanderthal in us according to recent studies.

"Atheism vs. theism is sometimes misrepresented as ‘science’ vs. ‘faith’. This is untrue because evolution is a worldview that is also based on faith."

Say there are two companies that are competing to make the fastest train ever made on earth. One company is called Scientofia the other the W.W.J.D. Corporation.

Scientofia uses theory and calculations and tests to come up with a design they consider to be the best vehicle to withstand the rigorous stress it would under go during travel.

One is a failed example of a realistic world application. Its great for a religious belief but not for real world applications.

The Big Bang is a theory....God spoke and BAG it happened! :D

The problem with the 'big bang' theory is that it states that all matter was bunched up so tight that it caused an explosion. Where did all that matter come from? It had to be created some how.

The Big Bang is a theory....God spoke and BAG it happened! :D

The problem with the 'big bang' theory is that it states that all matter was bunched up so tight that it caused an explosion. Where did all that matter come from? It had to be created some how.

Finite existence with a beginning and end is a concept created by the human mind. It's not necessarily a concept that extends to the universe; It's more of a paradox in which we're trapped.

Forum List

Back