The Bible errors, contradictions and villainy.

I think its funny how Christians can say, "Well youve taken it out of context, thats not what it means at all." but when it comes to persecuting Muslims..........
Muslims follow a evil religion. The name allah was taken from their old moon god. Mohamed was a pedophile and a liar. That simple. God created the earth long before man made up allah.

Actually, all those branches of science fully support the Biblical account, as explained here.

Don't have time to read the whole site. How about citing specific pages? Past experience with creationist arguments tells me that the real science is buried under misinformation, falsehoods and petty quibbling. If you know the topic well, you should be able to provide us with a better cite than that.
He linked it, you read it, don't use time as an excuse to deny the fact you are wrong.

You're a loon. His cite was worthless. It's a typical creationist trick, baffle 'em with bullshit. I feel I'm right and he hasn't done a thing to prove otherwise. :cool:

What is this "my side" business? We were discussing whether evolution was true or not. The answer is, YOU were getting whiny. At no point have you given any evidence to prove evolutionary theory wrong, but are constantly complaining about what others have said. I NEVER said I didn't believe in God or that the Bible didn't have its good points, just that the Genesis story isn't fact beyond "let there be light"(The Big Bang). I just feel that God got the process started and evolution was that process.

It's called a THEORY for a reason. No one has proven it either false or true, so it's solely your opinion that it's true. And I completely understand where you are coming from. I see no reason that God couldn't have designed it exactly as we discover it through science, and that scientific fact in no way negates the possibility of an intelligent designer. As a matter of fact, I think it's just the opposite, the more we uncover, the more it points to intelligent design and not randomness.

You don't seem to understand the word 'theory'. It's NOT just someone's opinion, but a scientific explanation for what's observed, backed up by years of accumulated data. It's not a guess or wishful thinking. That's the realm of creationists, who discount evolution without ever adequately explaining what we find in the fossil record and how God could have created everything in "days" when our brains tell us through scientific tests that the whole process took billions of years. Evolution isn't just a matter of randomness, but the result of the Laws of Chemistry and Physics. If you're looking for "intelligent design", THAT'S where it lies.

Evolution is not a proven fact, I understand what the word theory means quite fine. I think you are the one that is confused. When you can say evolution is fact, and proven beyond a doubt, then get back to me. There is absolutely no evidence of evolution between species, none.

It's called a THEORY for a reason. No one has proven it either false or true, so it's solely your opinion that it's true. And I completely understand where you are coming from. I see no reason that God couldn't have designed it exactly as we discover it through science, and that scientific fact in no way negates the possibility of an intelligent designer. As a matter of fact, I think it's just the opposite, the more we uncover, the more it points to intelligent design and not randomness.

You don't seem to understand the word 'theory'. It's NOT just someone's opinion, but a scientific explanation for what's observed, backed up by years of accumulated data. It's not a guess or wishful thinking. That's the realm of creationists, who discount evolution without ever adequately explaining what we find in the fossil record and how God could have created everything in "days" when our brains tell us through scientific tests that the whole process took billions of years. Evolution isn't just a matter of randomness, but the result of the Laws of Chemistry and Physics. If you're looking for "intelligent design", THAT'S where it lies.

Evolution is not a proven fact, I understand what the word theory means quite fine. I think you are the one that is confused. When you can say evolution is fact, and proven beyond a doubt, then get back to me. There is absolutely no evidence of evolution between species, none.

You're totally wrong. Willful ignorance is a terrible way to use God's gift, your brain. He allowed you to evolve so you would recognize truth when you see it, but instead you chose blind yourself to the evidence that surrounds us.

Don't have time to read the whole site. How about citing specific pages? Past experience with creationist arguments tells me that the real science is buried under misinformation, falsehoods and petty quibbling. If you know the topic well, you should be able to provide us with a better cite than that.
He linked it, you read it, don't use time as an excuse to deny the fact you are wrong.

You're a loon. His cite was worthless. It's a typical creationist trick, baffle 'em with bullshit. I feel I'm right and he hasn't done a thing to prove otherwise. :cool:

The site is accurate. It contains true science, unlike what you rely on.

Frankly, I'm not going to waste my time proving my point to you, because you wouldn't listen no matter how convincing the evidence.

The site is accurate. It contains true science, unlike what you rely on.

Frankly, I'm not going to waste my time proving my point to you, because you wouldn't listen no matter how convincing the evidence.

You're not going to point it out to me, because you know how easily I'd be able to debunk it. I'm willing to listen to anything with a sound scientific basis, but you're apparently too scared to back up your own theory. Simply saying your science is "true" means nothing. You have to have the goods.

Ah, no, my opposition to evolution is that it isn't proven, it's theory. And yes, you would have to take the Bible literally, wouldn't you?

It's a fallacy that the Bible has to be taken literally. Much of it is allegory. Since it's obvious that the earth and everything on it wasn't created in days, you have to use the brain God gave you and look at the evidence around you. The only other option I see is that you're saying God lies to us!!!

What's great is that I am free to believe or not believe in the Bible however I choose, and the same goes for you. What I find interesting is that those who choose not to believe can't just mind their own business and leave those who do beleive alone.

now your cowering in a corner and crying .
lets get a few things straight

IM NEW HERE .

dont know anybody , havnt meet anybody, havnt corresponded privatly with anybody , havnt even followed the postings of any perticular poster to see if we think the same.
Im not on any *side *( (whatever that means )

most times i dont look at the posters moniker just reply to what they say
isnt that the idea of a chat room?
somebodys post a premise usually its a little provocative and it solicits replies some agreeing some not .

Nobody is attacking anybody if you dont want to become involved in the discussion on any given thread DONT respond , nobody will come and attack you for not participating .

but if you do you must respond expect some posters to disagree with you and some to concur .

I dont know if the OP(UT scram ) is on a *side* and if he /she is i dont know what *side* that is.and really dont care .

your a whiner and should not be participating in discussions like this if you cant stand
the heat .
ILL REPEAT THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD .. All opinions are acceptable as long as they dont break any rules set down by the administators

i suggest you go find a site/ chat room /board room where people post what they had for lunch how many roses they have in thier yard how hot is it and what they are wearing

there are PLENTY of sites like that and they are totally BORING.
if you want ill direct you to some of them , there you will find nobody will say anything that might offend or insult you question your views / opinions and never will any poster talk about controversial subjects

What is this "my side" business? We were discussing whether evolution was true or not. The answer is, YOU were getting whiny. At no point have you given any evidence to prove evolutionary theory wrong, but are constantly complaining about what others have said. I NEVER said I didn't believe in God or that the Bible didn't have its good points, just that the Genesis story isn't fact beyond "let there be light"(The Big Bang). I just feel that God got the process started and evolution was that process.

You insist on saying that nobody (but you, I guess) knows what a theory is.

Well here it is:

the·o·ry

noun \ˈthē-ə-rē, ˈthir-ē\
plural the·o·ries
Definition of THEORY

: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another

: abstract thought : speculation

: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art <music theory>

a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action <her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn> b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances &#8212;often used in the phrase in theory <in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all>

: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>

a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation b : an unproved assumption : conjecture c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject <theory of equations>

Based on that, evolution is a theory, and the belief of God as a creator of the universe is also a theory.
Theory - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Put away the logical fallacy that we don't know what a theory is and debate the matter on its merits, retard.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theory

Last edited:

You're correct. Evolution is a theory, one that is accepted by scientific consensus. It explains a great deal that occurs in nature. It doesn't prove that man descended from apes. It does show that human beings have evolved over time.

Creationism is a story, a biblical one. It shouldn't be taught in a science class because it is religious.

"Today, many religious denominations accept that biological evolution has produced the diversity of living things over billions of years of Earth&#8217;s history. Many have issued statements observing that evolution and the tenets of their faiths are compatible. Scientists and theologians have written eloquently about their awe and wonder at the history of the universe and of life on this planet, explaining that they see no conflict between their faith in God and the evidence for evolution. Religious denominations that do not accept the occurrence of evolution tend to be those that believe in strictly literal interpretations of religious texts."

&#8212;National Academy of Sciences, Science, Evolution, and Creationism

Last edited:

You insist on saying that nobody (but you, I guess) knows what a theory is.

Well here it is:

the·o·ry

noun \&#712;th&#275;-&#601;-r&#275;, &#712;thir-&#275;\
plural the·o·ries
Definition of THEORY

: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another

: abstract thought : speculation

: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art <music theory>

a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action <her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn> b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory <in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all>

: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>

a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation b : an unproved assumption : conjecture c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject <theory of equations>

Based on that, evolution is a theory, and the belief of God as a creator of the universe is also a theory.

Put away the logical fallacy that we don't know what a theory is and debate the matter on its merits, retard.

Never said I was the only one who knows what a theory is. Don't put words in my mouth. THAT'S DISHONEST and par for the course for the creationist side. I'm trying to to debate the theory on its merits, but all I get are garbage posts with nothing to back them up. Now I'm being called a retard!!! Is that what you consider debate? I think you're looking in a mirror. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're totally wrong. Willful ignorance is a terrible way to use God's gift, your brain. He allowed you to evolve so you would recognize truth when you see it, but instead you chose blind yourself to the evidence that surrounds us.

Okay, let's see your link to independant scientific sources stating that evolution has been proven between species.

BTW, how does someone like Allie Baba get all those Rep points? Is there some sort of conservo-circle-jerk going on here?!?! Calling people retards sounds like neg rep to me. What say you? Really, I don't care. From what I've seen it seems to be some sort of in-crowd thing, that I really don't have time for. I graduated high school a long time ago.

It's a fallacy that the Bible has to be taken literally. Much of it is allegory. Since it's obvious that the earth and everything on it wasn't created in days, you have to use the brain God gave you and look at the evidence around you. The only other option I see is that you're saying God lies to us!!!

What's great is that I am free to believe or not believe in the Bible however I choose, and the same goes for you. What I find interesting is that those who choose not to believe can't just mind their own business and leave those who do beleive alone.

now your cowering in a corner and crying .
lets get a few things straight

IM NEW HERE .

dont know anybody , havnt meet anybody, havnt corresponded privatly with anybody , havnt even followed the postings of any perticular poster to see if we think the same.
Im not on any *side *( (whatever that means )

most times i dont look at the posters moniker just reply to what they say
isnt that the idea of a chat room?
somebodys post a premise usually its a little provocative and it solicits replies some agreeing some not .

Nobody is attacking anybody if you dont want to become involved in the discussion on any given thread DONT respond , nobody will come and attack you for not participating .

but if you do you must respond expect some posters to disagree with you and some to concur .

I dont know if the OP(UT scram ) is on a *side* and if he /she is i dont know what *side* that is.and really dont care .

your a whiner and should not be participating in discussions like this if you cant stand
the heat .
ILL REPEAT THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD .. All opinions are acceptable as long as they dont break any rules set down by the administators

i suggest you go find a site/ chat room /board room where people post what they had for lunch how many roses they have in thier yard how hot is it and what they are wearing

there are PLENTY of sites like that and they are totally BORING.
if you want ill direct you to some of them , there you will find nobody will say anything that might offend or insult you question your views / opinions and never will any poster talk about controversial subjects

Dude, I wasn't talking about 'you' specifically... :cuckoo:

BTW, how does someone like Allie Baba get all those Rep points? Is there some sort of conservo-circle-jerk going on here?!?! Calling people retards sounds like neg rep to me. What say you? Really, I don't care. From what I've seen it seems to be some sort of in-crowd thing, that I really don't have time for. I graduated high school a long time ago.

Sure you did.

Now back to the discussion and away from personal attacks, since you're above them..

Oh wait, no you're not. Which is why I called you a retard. You pretend to be an educated disciple of evolution who is above the logical fallacy of attacking those who don't agree with you..and yet you posted that anyone who thinks that creationism is a theory doesn't know what a theory is.

I know what a fucking theory is, loon, and I know that as it pertains to the creation of the world and the existence of modern man, evolution is a THEORY.

Okay, let's see your link to independant scientific sources stating that evolution has been proven between species.

You're asking for something that doesn't exist. Evolution between species is NOT part of the theory. That's just how creationists try to muddy the waters. No one says a cat will turn into a dog or a monkey will become a man. Evolutionary theory involves DIVERGENCE from a common anscestor. I think you need to study up a bit before making silly requests.

Sure you did.

Now back to the discussion and away from personal attacks, since you're above them..

Oh wait, no you're not. Which is why I called you a retard. You pretend to be an educated disciple of evolution who is above the logical fallacy of attacking those who don't agree with you..and yet you posted that anyone who thinks that creationism is a theory doesn't know what a theory is.

I know what a fucking theory is, loon, and I know that as it pertains to the creation of the world and the existence of modern man, evolution is a THEORY.

What logical fallacy are you talking about? Your posts don't make much sense. All you're proving is that Rep power isn't anything more than a high school popularity contest, because I don't think you have the vaguest notion of what logic is.

This is where he says that evolution doesn't explain creation.

And we're back to square one.

This is how it goes:

A Christian basher posts a bunch of garbage.
Christians defend their right to their faith.
More Christian bashers climb on board
A few elitists swing by to share their views of the stupidity of Christians and to share a few words about evolution
Christians say evolution is a theory, as is creationism
Bashers say Christians don't know what theory means
Christians provide evidence they do
Bashers then say, "Waaahhht? Evolution has nothing to do with creation!"

And back to square one.

Sure you did.

Sorry missed the IN BOLD part in my previous post. I never posted any such thing. That's a TOTAL fabrication. I said that people who say "it's only a theory", as if it were some sort of guess, don't know what a theory is.

Retard.

This is where he says that evolution doesn't explain creation.

And we're back to square one.

This is how it goes:

A Christian basher posts a bunch of garbage.
Christians defend their right to their faith.
More Christian bashers climb on board
A few elitists swing by to share their views of the stupidity of Christians and to share a few words about evolution
Christians say evolution is a theory, as is creationism
Bashers say Christians don't know what theory means
Christians provide evidence they do
Bashers then say, "Waaahhht? Evolution has nothing to do with creation!"

And back to square one.

So where do I fit in, since I'm both a Christian AND a believer in evolution? I certainly haven't bashed Christians at any time in any of my posts. All I've been trying to say is that evolutionary theory is correct. If anyone's bashing, it's you.

Forum List

Back