2 friends die of cancer in last 30 days

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
One very close to the family and another I played tennis with.
One leaves 2 young children and the other 3 early 20s kids and 2 grandchildren.
I am so at odds with my faith as to why these 2 wonderful and caring women have to die. As a community we are in such deep pain now. Their strength and courage with their long battles fighting the diseases carries me on.

So sorry for your loss,My older brother lost his battle last year,and another friend will most likly not make it past this weekend,and one of my work associates wife was just informed she has melanoma yesterday!And there are others!

I am beginning to think they don't want to do much for this horrible thing,way to much money in the so called treatment.

gadawg honey, no one gets out alive.....

the loss is hard...but such is life

one must always accept death as part of living.....

its the suffering i dont understand

I am so at odds with my faith as to why these 2 wonderful and caring women have to die. As a community we are in such deep pain now. Their strength and courage with their long battles fighting the diseases carries me on.
One was enough for me.

I'm still not over it.

My empathy is with you. :)

Assuming you're over fifty I hope you are taking a cue from those misfortunes and are taking the necessary precautions.

I had colon cancer in '97 and prostate cancer in '03. I beat both of them but it wasn't fun in either case. Now I have a colonoscopy every 24 months, a PSA (blood) test and rectal exam once a year and I see the GP every two months.

Condolences Gadawg.

I imagine that even those of us with no particular faith might find ourselves raging against the forces of the universe when a loved one dies. I hope that, whatever resolutions you find, they help you through your grief.

like in my enviroment. cancer...with 40 it begins, thie first are going. Breast cancer the women, pankreas cancer the men. lost so many in the last years, the last one Mehrdad, an 47 years old friend of mine from persia, just 6 weeks ago. This is a strange illnes.

Assuming you're over fifty I hope you are taking a cue from those misfortunes and are taking the necessary precautions.

I had colon cancer in '97 and prostate cancer in '03. I beat both of them but it wasn't fun in either case. Now I have a colonoscopy every 24 months, a PSA (blood) test and rectal exam once a year and I see the GP every two months.

Great post Mike. Thanks. I am going again this week.
Getting the silver bullet in a few weeks.
Thanks.

So sorry for your loss,My older brother lost his battle last year,and another friend will most likly not make it past this weekend,and one of my work associates wife was just informed she has melanoma yesterday!And there are others!

I am beginning to think they don't want to do much for this horrible thing,way to much money in the so called treatment.
Cancer is a catchall name for a hundred different growths/tumors on or in the body. It is in effect 100 different things, but all involve growth of tissue or cells that we do not need. Right now we do not know how to separate the growth of cancer cells from the growth of body cells. In some attempts to kill cancer, we nearly kill the body (chemotherapy) or the body around the tumor (radiation). Both have only moderate success rates.

Cancer can be caused by exposure to harsh chemicals (chewing tobacco, cleaning solvents, petrochemicals and thousands of other things), radiation (Nuclear power plants, x-rays, too much sunshine, background radiation that is always there and high altitude exposure to increased cosmic rays.), and just plain old dirt in the environment.

I was a nuclear reactor plant operator for years when I was younger. I left that field of employment out of fear of cancer. Now, 63, I have recently developed two tumors in my abdomen.

Cancer?

We do not know yet. I found out about them a few weeks ago when one tumor ripped away from my left kidney when I was straining to install a dishwasher. It pumped over half of my blood into my abdomen. That "bleed" was the most painful thing I have ever experienced, and I have been shot once (by my girlfriend for the night's ex-boyfriend who ended up driving me to the hospital.) and also had a shattered leg that I tried to walk on for two blocks to get home. The bone shards ripped their way through my flesh. That was not as painful as the bleed. After a Cat Scan to determine what the cause of the bleed was, I had surgery to stop the bleeding and kill the tumor at the same time, and am scheduled for another cat scan on the 22nd to see if the other tumor is growing. If it has not grown, it probably is not malignant.

If it is growing, I probably worked in the Nuclear Field too long. Such is life. You take your chances with everything you do.

Cancer sucks my friend..but so do a million other things that can kill ya.

Stay strong..and live well.

It's the best revenge against death I can think of..

Cancer is a catchall name for a hundred different growths/tumors on or in the body. It is in effect 100 different things, but all involve growth of tissue or cells that we do not need. Right now we do not know how to separate the growth of cancer cells from the growth of body cells. In some attempts to kill cancer, we nearly kill the body (chemotherapy) or the body around the tumor (radiation). Both have only moderate success rates.

Cancer can be caused by exposure to harsh chemicals (chewing tobacco, cleaning solvents, petrochemicals and thousands of other things), radiation (Nuclear power plants, x-rays, too much sunshine, background radiation that is always there and high altitude exposure to increased cosmic rays.), and just plain old dirt in the environment.

I was a nuclear reactor plant operator for years when I was younger. I left that field of employment out of fear of cancer. Now, 63, I have recently developed two tumors in my abdomen.

Cancer?

We do not know yet. I found out about them a few weeks ago when one tumor ripped away from my left kidney when I was straining to install a dishwasher. It pumped over half of my blood into my abdomen. That "bleed" was the most painful thing I have ever experienced, and I have been shot once (by my girlfriend for the night's ex-boyfriend who ended up driving me to the hospital.) and also had a shattered leg that I tried to walk on for two blocks to get home. The bone shards ripped their way through my flesh. That was not as painful as the bleed. After a Cat Scan to determine what the cause of the bleed was, I had surgery to stop the bleeding and kill the tumor at the same time, and am scheduled for another cat scan on the 22nd to see if the other tumor is growing. If it has not grown, it probably is not malignant.

If it is growing, I probably worked in the Nuclear Field too long. Such is life. You take your chances with everything you do.

I hope for the best outcome.

Stay strong.

Live well.

Forum List

Back