The Bible errors, contradictions and villainy.

The bible is an odd book. it contains the 'old' testament and the 'new' testament.

you have to wonder why god didnt get it right the first time! not only are there contradictions between the 'old' and 'new' testaments, but contradictions within each of them.

some contradictions are so obvious that there are only two ways that xtians can deny them: they either lie or they are so brainwashed that they refuse to, or cannot see them.

for example:

ON THE PERMANENCY OF THE EARTH "... the earth abideth for ever." -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

OR NOT

"... the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." -- 2Peter 3:10 :cool:

ON THE POWER OF GOD"

"... with God all things are possible." -- Matthew 19:26

OR NOT

"...The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron." -- Judges 1:19

THOSE IRON CHARIOTS, THEY GET YOU EVERY TIME. :lol:

Villainy in the bible:

You would think that Jesus and the New Testament*would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.*

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)*

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)*

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.*

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)*

Onesimus, a slave escaped from his master and paul, sent him back, telling him his duty as a slave was to serve his master!!*

pretty clear that slavery was perfectly*acceptable the jesus and his gang. :cuckoo:

I see what you wrote. Interpreted passages taken out of different sections. Interpretation is subject to error.

Slavery: if your family was starving and there was no "welfare", no government agency to "bail you out", what would you do? In those days, you offered yourself as a slave, sometimes as a temporary measure, sometimes for generations. (Not saying that I agree with slavery, but at least these people had the decency to work for that handout.)
The other way of slavery: if a nation conquered a people, it was their choice if they took the conquered population as slaves, or not. Once sold, it was up to the masters to determine the slaves' servitude.

Now if you are really concerned about accuracy, you might want to point out that it was the Christians that eliminated slavery (not that I got that impression from you).

The rest of your blah, blah, blah.... oh great wise one, show us the way. What life teaching makes a better society than Christianity? What other way leads to peaceful communities and industrious people? Until then, I will be waiting for your special words of knowledge to lead us to the "true" way......

Okay, let's see your link to independant scientific sources stating that evolution has been proven between species.

This is where he says that evolution doesn't explain creation.

And we're back to square one.

This is how it goes:

A Christian basher posts a bunch of garbage.
Christians defend their right to their faith.
More Christian bashers climb on board
A few elitists swing by to share their views of the stupidity of Christians and to share a few words about evolution
Christians say evolution is a theory, as is creationism
Bashers say Christians don't know what theory means
Christians provide evidence they do
Bashers then say, "Waaahhht? Evolution has nothing to do with creation!"

And back to square one.

So where do I fit in, since I'm both a Christian AND a believer in evolution? I certainly haven't bashed Christians at any time in any of my posts. All I've been trying to say is that evolutionary theory is correct. If anyone's bashing, it's you.

No, what you said is that creationism isn't a theory.

That's where you fit in.

Why is it some Christians have no problem reconciling their faith with the theory of evolution and others don't. It confuses me.

You're a loon. His cite was worthless. It's a typical creationist trick, baffle 'em with bullshit. I feel I'm right and he hasn't done a thing to prove otherwise. :cool:

The site is accurate. It contains true science, unlike what you rely on.

Frankly, I'm not going to waste my time proving my point to you, because you wouldn't listen no matter how convincing the evidence.

You're not going to point it out to me, because you know how easily I'd be able to debunk it. I'm willing to listen to anything with a sound scientific basis, but you're apparently too scared to back up your own theory. Simply saying your science is "true" means nothing. You have to have the goods.

I backed it up with a link. You ignored said link. Now I'm going to ignore you, because you're not worth my time.

The site is accurate. It contains true science, unlike what you rely on.

Frankly, I'm not going to waste my time proving my point to you, because you wouldn't listen no matter how convincing the evidence.

You're not going to point it out to me, because you know how easily I'd be able to debunk it. I'm willing to listen to anything with a sound scientific basis, but you're apparently too scared to back up your own theory. Simply saying your science is "true" means nothing. You have to have the goods.

I backed it up with a link. You ignored said link. Now I'm going to ignore you, because you're not worth my time.

I didn't see a link. I suppose I won't since you're fighting with this poster.

This is how it goes:

A few elitists swing by to share their views of the stupidity of Christians and to share a few words about evolution

And back to square one.

So where do I fit in, since I'm both a Christian AND a believer in evolution? I certainly haven't bashed Christians at any time in any of my posts. All I've been trying to say is that evolutionary theory is correct. If anyone's bashing, it's you.

That's where you fit in.

Creationism is a hypothesis, not a theory.

That said, there are a lot of hypotheses out there that are called theories by scientists, mostly because theory actually has multiple meanings, and can include hypotheses.

Why is it some Christians have no problem reconciling their faith with the theory of evolution and others don't. It confuses me.

Why is it some Buddhists are zen and others are Theraveda and others are Mahayana?

Better question, for me, is why does the fact that people are different confuse you? We cannot all be Einstein, but that does not make us all Bill O'Reilly.

Why is it some Buddhists are zen and others are Theraveda and others are Mahayana?

Better question, for me, is why does the fact that people are different confuse you? We cannot all be Einstein, but that does not make us all Bill O'Reilly.

Maybe that wasn't my best worded question. What I'm interested in is what is it in Christian doctrine that allows for evolution in some sects and not in others?

How does the interpretation vary?

Does it all hang on the point of whether men descended from apes or it something else?

More to the point, why on earth do Christians think the Bible is a scientific source that should be taught in high school science classes?

I think the Christians who are able to resolve their faith with science have a balanced view.

Last edited:
that the errors, contradictions and villainy, often in the form of mass murder on gods orders, are present in the bible is a fact. no rational human being believes or accepts such nonsense.

i quoted two or three examples, i could have quoted scores.

what fascinates me about religion and religoids is their bizarre psychology.

the damage religion does to people on a psychological level is startling to witness. most of the above posts are evidence of that. tolerance of murder and savagery of all kinds is accepted, if it is carried out by xtians. but not if its carried out by muslims or other faiths. altho israeli violence in palestine is an exception to this rule.

another example: a xtian cannot see, (or will not see) the errors and barbarity in the bible. but he can see them in the koran.

a muslim cannot see, (or will not see) the errors and barbarity in the koran. but he can see them in the bible.

this effect upon the human psyche is frightening for any sane, rational human being to witness.

and it has to be said that the effect is stronger upon the less intelligent members of society and those so brainwashed, (probably in childhood), that they cannot restore their sanity.

at the heart of the matter is fear of death.

all abrahamic religions promise 'life after death'. religoids have a heightened fear of death and this makes them grasp at the straw of 'eternal life' offered by whatever faith they believe in.

this would not be a problem if it were not for the fact that even in the 21st century we are still fighting wars over these rather silly, (but to some comforting) fairy tales.

this thread incidentally is about religion, not god.

if there is a god capable of creating a universe it must be intelligent, civilised and sane.

the god of the abrahamic faiths, as described in the torah, talmud, koran and bible is unintelligent, uncivilised and insane.

therefore those books can have nothing to do with any god that may exist.

Last edited:
What's great is that I am free to believe or not believe in the Bible however I choose, and the same goes for you. What I find interesting is that those who choose not to believe can't just mind their own business and leave those who do beleive alone.

now your cowering in a corner and crying .
lets get a few things straight

IM NEW HERE .

dont know anybody , havnt meet anybody, havnt corresponded privatly with anybody , havnt even followed the postings of any perticular poster to see if we think the same.
Im not on any *side *( (whatever that means )

most times i dont look at the posters moniker just reply to what they say
isnt that the idea of a chat room?
somebodys post a premise usually its a little provocative and it solicits replies some agreeing some not .

Nobody is attacking anybody if you dont want to become involved in the discussion on any given thread DONT respond , nobody will come and attack you for not participating .

but if you do you must respond expect some posters to disagree with you and some to concur .

I dont know if the OP(UT scram ) is on a *side* and if he /she is i dont know what *side* that is.and really dont care .

your a whiner and should not be participating in discussions like this if you cant stand
the heat .
ILL REPEAT THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD .. All opinions are acceptable as long as they dont break any rules set down by the administators

i suggest you go find a site/ chat room /board room where people post what they had for lunch how many roses they have in thier yard how hot is it and what they are wearing

there are PLENTY of sites like that and they are totally BORING.
if you want ill direct you to some of them , there you will find nobody will say anything that might offend or insult you question your views / opinions and never will any poster talk about controversial subjects

Dude, I wasn't talking about 'you' specifically... :cuckoo:
\
then why did you answer my post ?

"What I find interesting is that those who choose not to believe can't just mind their own business and leave those who do beleive alone."

religions would not be a problem if it were not for the fact that even in the 21st century we are still fighting wars over these rather silly, (but to some comforting) fairy tales.

You're totally wrong. Willful ignorance is a terrible way to use God's gift, your brain. He allowed you to evolve so you would recognize truth when you see it, but instead you chose blind yourself to the evidence that surrounds us.

Okay, let's see your link to independant scientific sources stating that evolution has been proven between species.

You're asking for something that doesn't exist. Evolution between species is NOT part of the theory. That's just how creationists try to muddy the waters. No one says a cat will turn into a dog or a monkey will become a man. Evolutionary theory involves DIVERGENCE from a common anscestor. I think you need to study up a bit before making silly requests.

Okay, what common ancestor did humans 'diverge' from?

You're asking for something that doesn't exist. Evolution between species is NOT part of the theory. That's just how creationists try to muddy the waters. No one says a cat will turn into a dog or a monkey will become a man. Evolutionary theory involves DIVERGENCE from a common anscestor. I think you need to study up a bit before making silly requests.

Okay, what common ancestor did humans 'diverge' from?

Why do you keep asking questions that have already been answered?

This is how it goes:

And back to square one.

That's where you fit in.

I never said that. Could you quote the post you're talking about? You seem to be putting words in my mouth.

The scripture as I recall said to kill all who did not flee before them women, children and even animals. I am sure the animals worshipped false gods.

God didn't require the animals to be killed because they worshipped false gods. He wanted them killed for the same reason any army lays waste to enemy camps; to prevent the resurgence of the enemy and to leave them nothing upon which to rebuild and survive on.

Short answer, no.

The answer is not short, nor is it no. It is a definitive yes.

Deuteronomy 7:2

2 and when the LORD your God delivers them(inhabitants of Canaan) before you and you defeat them, (A)then you shall utterly destroy them (B)You shall make no covenant with them (C)and show no favor to them.

Deuteronomy 20:16

16 "(A)Only in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes.

Numbers 33:50-52,Deuteronomy 7:2,Deuteronomy 20:16 - Passage*Lookup - New American Standard Bible - BibleGateway.com

Concerning Midians
Numbers 31:1-54(King James Version)

7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.

15 And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?

16 Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Numbers 31:1-54 - Passage*Lookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Typical.

Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye are passed over Jordan into the land of Canaan; Then ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and quite pluck down all their high places:

Num 33:51,52

So Deuteronomy isnt a true book of the bible then....

The Big Bang is a theory....God spoke and BAG it happened! :D

The problem with the 'big bang' theory is that it states that all matter was bunched up so tight that it caused an explosion. Where did all that matter come from? It had to be created some how.

I've got no problem saying God created the Big Bang and the rules by which the universe operates. Evolution is the result of those rules and there's ample evidence in the fossil record, and now by DNA science, that it happened.

Evolution between species? i.e. monkey to man? If that's been proven, that's news to me.

Sorry man. Monkeys are monkeys.

Forum List

Back