The Bible! Do you think a book written by men is perfect?

The Holy Bible as most know it consist of the Jewish Torah a few other books and then the New Testament which sets Jews and Christians apart.

Most will tell you that God created the Bible because it was inspired by God and then men through the will of God wrote down the Word of God.
The truth is it was still written by men, God or no God.
The Bible its self claims that people are not perfect and if we are not perfect how can a book written by us be perfect?
My answer is that it can't be perfect as it is man made, the same thing goes for all other holy books and scriptures.
How then if a book can't tell what God wants can you truly know? The answer is that from your own experience with the divine you will eventually get a feeling of what god wants from you.
While the Bible can provide some moral guidance it does have its contradictions and quite a few of them to boot.
Most notably is that one of the ten commandments tells us to hold God above all else and not to have Idols.
But what most Christians have done is they have broken that commandment by placing their idea of Jesus Christ on a pedestal above God whom truly does deserve praise.
The early church fathers believed or at least professed to believe in the Trinity the concept that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all the same. They even snuck in their own beliefs into the scriptures yet a portion of the truth still got through - "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good-except God alone." - Luke 18:19 " Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only." - Matthew 4:10

In case you do not realize it, I don't believe in the trinity but I do believe Jesus was The Son of God but they are not the same and God is the one who deserves worship.
The Worship of Jesus is a SIN! I am simply a non-traditional christian as I do not fit into any denominations of any kind.

Also regardless of what some may think God still speaks to some people it's just that we have grown tired of always writing down every thing we think god wants us to.
The Bible is written by man true, but it is inspired by God. Jesus is the Son of God, and there is a Holy Trinity. In genesis God says "Let US make man in OUR image." He is speaking of the Holy Trinity. Jesus is our intercessor before God, we are to pray to God through Jesus name. How can you claim to be a Christian if you do not believe the Bible is the word of God?

All ancient gods came from one place....the developing imagination of primitive mankind. Same place as witchcraft and holy water.

I don't think he even wanted to be an Idol, I think other people did that themselves all together.

If he did want the praise then he was not a Saint and he himself would have been the anti-Christ.
If Christians start world war 3 and end the world perhaps Jesus was the anti-christ?

At least you don't sound like a preacher. They claim to know what god thinks, feels and does.

The Bible was written by some of the followers of Christ (peace be upon him) after Christ's ascension into heaven (We Muslims do not believe that Christ was crucified or killed).
So you will find a difference in the editions of the Bible, so it will not be Perfect, because the man is not Perfect, just the prophets is perfect.
We Muslims believe in the Bible that God has given to the Christ (peace be upon him).
You muslims worship satan.

I don't think he even wanted to be an Idol, I think other people did that themselves all together.

If he did want the praise then he was not a Saint and he himself would have been the anti-Christ.
If Christians start world war 3 and end the world perhaps Jesus was the anti-christ?

At least you don't sound like a preacher. They claim to know what god thinks, feels and does.

When God makes His will known, it's kind of silly to ignore him. Just my opinion though.

When God makes His will known, it's kind of silly to ignore him. Just my opinion though.
Known? You mean words written by people 2,000 years ago. If "God" wanted everyone to know how he felt He would impress the shit out of everyone and use His "BOOMING VOICE OF GOD!!!"

God makes imperfect people and then bitches because they're imperfect?:cuckoo:

Known? You mean words written by people 2,000 years ago. If "God" wanted everyone to know how he felt He would impress the shit out of everyone and use His "BOOMING VOICE OF GOD!!!"

But He doesn't speak with a booming voice. He speaks with a Still Small Voice and invites us to listen. He wants us paying attention.

And God makes His will known today just as He did 2000 years ago.

God does not make perfect people, nor does He bitch about you not being perfect.

The Bible was written by some of the followers of Christ (peace be upon him) after Christ's ascension into heaven (We Muslims do not believe that Christ was crucified or killed).
So you will find a difference in the editions of the Bible, so it will not be Perfect, because the man is not Perfect, just the prophets is perfect.
We Muslims believe in the Bible that God has given to the Christ (peace be upon him).

It doesn't make any difference what any ancient god worshipper believes. That same bullshit about son of god, virgin birth, savior of the world, crucifiction, resurrection went around N. Africa and the middle east for 3000 years before the Jewish version. Try reading something except religious fairy tales occasionally.

The Holy Bible as most know it consist of the Jewish Torah a few other books and then the New Testament which sets Jews and Christians apart.

Most will tell you that God created the Bible because it was inspired by God and then men through the will of God wrote down the Word of God.
The truth is it was still written by men, God or no God.
The Bible its self claims that people are not perfect and if we are not perfect how can a book written by us be perfect?
My answer is that it can't be perfect as it is man made, the same thing goes for all other holy books and scriptures.
How then if a book can't tell what God wants can you truly know? The answer is that from your own experience with the divine you will eventually get a feeling of what god wants from you.
While the Bible can provide some moral guidance it does have its contradictions and quite a few of them to boot.
Most notably is that one of the ten commandments tells us to hold God above all else and not to have Idols.
But what most Christians have done is they have broken that commandment by placing their idea of Jesus Christ on a pedestal above God whom truly does deserve praise.
The early church fathers believed or at least professed to believe in the Trinity the concept that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all the same. They even snuck in their own beliefs into the scriptures yet a portion of the truth still got through - "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good-except God alone." - Luke 18:19 " Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only." - Matthew 4:10

In case you do not realize it, I don't believe in the trinity but I do believe Jesus was The Son of God but they are not the same and God is the one who deserves worship.
The Worship of Jesus is a SIN! I am simply a non-traditional christian as I do not fit into any denominations of any kind.

Also regardless of what some may think God still speaks to some people it's just that we have grown tired of always writing down every thing we think god wants us to.

Why do men put so much credence into the textbooks that we learned from in school ? the difference is one book was inspired by the creator and the textbooks were inspired by man.

It doesn't make any difference what any ancient god worshipper believes. That same bullshit about son of god, virgin birth, savior of the world, crucifiction, resurrection went around N. Africa and the middle east for 3000 years before the Jewish version. Try reading something except religious fairy tales occasionally.

You are lumping all believers in on the same doctrine,bigot :lol:

The Bible! Do you think a book written by men is perfect?.

God wrote the 10 Commandments so those are perfect.

The ten commandments are foolish and redundant. 'Course what can one expect from ignorant primitives. Two would do if worded properly. Everything there would be covered with:

1) Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You

AND

2) Love Thy Neighbor As You Love Yourself

I've always wondrered about "Honor Thy Father and Mother"
Would that apply if one parent is a murderer and the other a crack whore

The Bible! Do you think a book written by men is perfect?.

The ten commandments are foolish and redundant. 'Course what can one expect from ignorant primitives. Two would do if worded properly. Everything there would be covered with:

AND

There are always parents who do not deserve honor from the children. The kind of parents you speak of are not looked upon with honor from God or anyone.

AND

There are always parents who do not deserve honor from the children. The kind of parents you speak of are not looked upon with honor from God or anyone.

That's exactly what I'm saying. There are no exceptions written into the ten commandments. That's what makes it a primitive work of ignorant people. People who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat. People who feared for their lives when they had to be out at night. People who basically lived their lives within a few miles of where they were born. We're talking stone and bron e age stuff here. 90% of everything technology related was discovered, invented or developed during the last 100 years. Those people were so ignorant they had no clue........about anything.

The idea that a loving, caring god of the universe would drop by one time and turn the only keys to the kingdom over to them is totally idiotic.

Last edited:

AND

That's exactly what I'm saying. There are no exceptions written into the ten commandments. That's what makes it a primitive work of ignorant people. People who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat. People who feared for their lives when they had to be out at night. People who basically lived their lives within a few miles of where they were born. We're talking stone and bron e age stuff here. 90% of everything technology related was discovered, invented or developed during the last 100 years. Thsoe people were so ignorant they had no clue........about anything.

The idea that a loving, caring god of the universe would drop by one time and turn the only keys to the kingdom over to them is totally idiotic.

So what you are saying is common sense plays no role in our interpretation of the law ?

Stop with the nonsense, that all believers believed the earth was flat. If you did a little research on the matter you would find very few believers believed that the earth was flat. The few believers that believed in a flat earth was used by darwin and his buddies to try and show all believers were ignorant because they all believed the earth was flat. It plainly say's in the scriptures that the earth was round. There are a few scriptures where people on your side take the scriptures out of context.

AND

Um, WHAT??! Many people's perception of HONOR thy mother and father is merely to do right by them. That does NOT mean to necessarily meet them on their conditions/terms, nor does it mean to accommodate any of their potentially bad behavior in which destroys them and/or those around them.

That's exactly what I'm saying. There are no exceptions written into the ten commandments. That's what makes it a primitive work of ignorant people. People who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat. People who feared for their lives when they had to be out at night. People who basically lived their lives within a few miles of where they were born. We're talking stone and bron e age stuff here. 90% of everything technology related was discovered, invented or developed during the last 100 years. Thsoe people were so ignorant they had no clue........about anything.

So what you are saying is common sense plays no role in our interpretation of the law ?

Stop with the nonsense, that all believers believed the earth was flat. If you did a little research on the matter you would find very few believers believed that the earth was flat. The few believers that believed in a flat earth was used by darwin and his buddies to try and show all believers were ignorant because they all believed the earth was flat. It plainly say's in the scriptures that the earth was round. There are a few scriptures where people on your side take the scriptures out of context.

Common sense tells me that any deep prophetic thinking from the stone age is about like what you might expect from a first grader today....or in many cases much less. People need to understand that god is man made. There are so many things which have happened in the name of religion that only those who have been brainwashed could possibly accept as the truth that it baffles the logical mind. Please put me in this man's arena:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature." ~Dr. Albert Einstein~

Well." Theoretically" he is-was the anti-Kryst.
He "came" to excuse humanity for their fuckups and "allowed" them to forget about those stupid ten commandments as long as they seek Gawd through him.

Anyhoo. Keep reading. Your masters are closely following the script that THEY wrote..

Stop with the nonsense, that all believers believed the earth was flat. If you did a little research on the matter you would find very few believers believed that the earth was flat. The few believers that believed in a flat earth was used by Darwin and his buddies to try and show all believers were ignorant because they all believed the earth was flat. It plainly say's in the scriptures that the earth was round. There are a few scriptures where people on your side take the scriptures out of context.

Cammmpbell has a very legitimate point about the people at that time.
Your average high school graduate knows much more about how the world works than the people of that time,especially the believers.

Most basic example is that an average high school graduate knows how many continents are in the world, which people of that time didn't know.

Or much more simple things like why is the sky blue...

Stop with the nonsense, that all believers believed the earth was flat. If you did a little research on the matter you would find very few believers believed that the earth was flat.
You see, the problem is not whether or not they thought the earth was flat or not, the problem is whatever their opinion was on the structure of the earth , it was based on faith and not evidence, and that is why they are considered ignorant.
Scientific facts like the structure of the earth is are not based on faith but on irrefutable evidence.
That means that right know you know the earth is round (Due to the irrefutable evidence found to support this claim), you don't merely believe it.

Forum List

Back