The Bible! Do you think a book written by men is perfect?

Where did you get your theology degree?

University of Helsinki.

There is plenty of evidence that Luke is the one that actually wrote both Luke and Acts,

I don't know if I said anything about this particular case - but - the same writer has written both Luke and Acts, no doubt about it. But if we're talking about the disciple called Luke, he most likely had nothing to do with these texts.

The gospel of Luke with its infancy gospel seems like a very typical piece of Roman literature.

The names of the gospels do not appear before year 180 when there were so many different gospels that it became important to name them.

and that Paul wrote the epistles ascribed to him.

Paul wrote seven of the epistles that carry his name.

If "God" really wanted us to believe in Him He wouldn't play this big guessing game. Would a real "God" expect a civilized world to accept the writings of a bunch of goat herders and the like and then expect us to accept it on blind faith? If He does than He is setting up most of the population to fail.

A TRUE supreme being wouldn't play these stupid mind games. Keep analyzing people. You're wasting your time.:lol::lol::lol:

God doesn't keep us guessing. It's not a game. He explains very clearly how one gets to know Him and the truth of the Doctrine He teaches.

Problem is few bother following clear instructions.

If "God" really wanted us to believe in Him He wouldn't play this big guessing game. Would a real "God" expect a civilized world to accept the writings of a bunch of goat herders and the like and then expect us to accept it on blind faith? If He does than He is setting up most of the population to fail.

A TRUE supreme being wouldn't play these stupid mind games. Keep analyzing people. You're wasting your time.:lol::lol::lol:

What makes you smarter than goat herders? Can you find your way using only the stars?
Actually I can. I was in Search and Rescue for years and most modern techniques are based on old "technology".

Keep defending goat herders. Are you sure that all of them knew how to use the stars to get around or did most of them follow the "smart ones"?:lol::lol:

If you need technology you aren't as good at navigation as goat herders from 2000 years ago.

University of Helsinki.

That explains a lot.

don't know if I said anything about this particular case - but - the same writer has written both Luke and Acts, no doubt about it. But if we're talking about the disciple called Luke, he most likely had nothing to do with these texts.

What disciple called Luke?

The gospel of Luke with its infancy gospel seems like a very typical piece of Roman literature.

You object to an educated person in the Roman Empire writing in the style that was prevalent in his day?

The names of the gospels do not appear before year 180 when there were so many different gospels that it became important to name them.

And?
Paul wrote seven of the epistles that carry his name.

Actually, he wrote 8 of them, the other 5 are generally considered psuedipigraphia. Of those only Colossians and Ephesians are not considered to be written by someone who knew Paul since the theology is so different than his.

The Holy Bible as most know it consist of the Jewish Torah a few other books and then the New Testament which sets Jews and Christians apart.

Most will tell you that God created the Bible because it was inspired by God and then men through the will of God wrote down the Word of God.
The truth is it was still written by men, God or no God.
The Bible its self claims that people are not perfect and if we are not perfect how can a book written by us be perfect?
My answer is that it can't be perfect as it is man made, the same thing goes for all other holy books and scriptures.
How then if a book can't tell what God wants can you truly know? The answer is that from your own experience with the divine you will eventually get a feeling of what god wants from you.
While the Bible can provide some moral guidance it does have its contradictions and quite a few of them to boot.
Most notably is that one of the ten commandments tells us to hold God above all else and not to have Idols.
But what most Christians have done is they have broken that commandment by placing their idea of Jesus Christ on a pedestal above God whom truly does deserve praise.
The early church fathers believed or at least professed to believe in the Trinity the concept that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all the same. They even snuck in their own beliefs into the scriptures yet a portion of the truth still got through - "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good-except God alone." - Luke 18:19 " Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only." - Matthew 4:10

In case you do not realize it, I don't believe in the trinity but I do believe Jesus was The Son of God but they are not the same and God is the one who deserves worship.
The Worship of Jesus is a SIN! I am simply a non-traditional christian as I do not fit into any denominations of any kind.

Also regardless of what some may think God still speaks to some people it's just that we have grown tired of always writing down every thing we think god wants us to.

All books of fiction are "perfect"

I simple don't think it can be relied upon by it's self to understand God I think you also need to try to follow all the commandments and establish a relationship with God in order to fully understand what God wants from you. There are also times when we can't begin to understand God as we only know what he would want us to know.

Who said it could?

I realize how radical allot of Muslims are but I know a few that have spoken with me and agreed with what I had to say.

Doesn't change the fact that people will kill you?

Which is not a contradiction in the Bible.

If you want to talk about a subject you should know it well enough not to need Google. Until you reach the point that you can talk about the Bible without needing help you should not try to talk about the contradictions in the Bible, especially when you are actually talking about the differences between what people are doing and what you believe the Bible teaches.

Why do you think that? Just because people believe that now does not mean they believed it 2000 years ago.

You should also be aware that the church fathers did not write the New Testament, the apostles did. The church fathers were the second and third generation of the disciples, many of them studied under the various apostles.

I do not know what you believe exactly so I cannot tell you which denomination believes what you do. I can tell you that there are denominations that teach that the trinity is false doctrine, the most notable of them being Jehovah's Witnesses.

That makes you crazy by most definitions.

If am not mistaken most of the contradictions are the Old VS the New Testament I know their there but darn it I might have to use google to remember. LOL

Most of the contradictions are actually between the two historical tracks of the Old Testament.

Your probably a theologian I am just an Art Student. You tell me where the contradictions are I am sure you know their there. Wasn't there some thing about needing to be circumcised in the old testament and then in the new testament they claim it's okay to not be?

Circumcision is a sign of the covenant between Abraham and his descendents and God. That covenant is not the same one Christians operate under. That is not a contradiction.

I've heard of the Jehovah Witnesses, but I've no intention of becoming one.

I have a question for you, aren't there a lot of rules in the old testament that the new testament just dismisses or throws to the wind?

I simple don't think it can be relied upon by it's self to understand God I think you also need to try to follow all the commandments and establish a relationship with God in order to fully understand what God wants from you. There are also times when we can't begin to understand God as we only know what he would want us to know.

Who said it could?

Doesn't change the fact that people will kill you?

Which is not a contradiction in the Bible.

If you want to talk about a subject you should know it well enough not to need Google. Until you reach the point that you can talk about the Bible without needing help you should not try to talk about the contradictions in the Bible, especially when you are actually talking about the differences between what people are doing and what you believe the Bible teaches.

Why do you think that? Just because people believe that now does not mean they believed it 2000 years ago.

You should also be aware that the church fathers did not write the New Testament, the apostles did. The church fathers were the second and third generation of the disciples, many of them studied under the various apostles.

I do not know what you believe exactly so I cannot tell you which denomination believes what you do. I can tell you that there are denominations that teach that the trinity is false doctrine, the most notable of them being Jehovah's Witnesses.

That makes you crazy by most definitions.

Most of the contradictions are actually between the two historical tracks of the Old Testament.

Your probably a theologian I am just an Art Student. You tell me where the contradictions are I am sure you know their there. Wasn't there some thing about needing to be circumcised in the old testament and then in the new testament they claim it's okay to not be?

Circumcision is a sign of the covenant between Abraham and his descendents and God. That covenant is not the same one Christians operate under. That is not a contradiction.

I've heard of the Jehovah Witnesses, but I've no intention of becoming one.

I have a question for you, aren't there a lot of rules in the old testament that the new testament just dismisses or throws to the wind?

The short answer is no. The long answer is a but more complicated. Think of the Old Testament the same way you would think of rules for a child, those same rules still apply to us as adults, but we don't expect our parents to punish us if we break them. Christians still have to obey those rules, but we are not required to make atonement by watching the priest kill an animal because we screwed up.

The short answer is no. The long answer is a but more complicated. Think of the Old Testament the same way you would think of rules for a child, those same rules still apply to us as adults, but we don't expect our parents to punish us if we break them. Christians still have to obey those rules, but we are not required to make atonement by watching the priest kill an animal because we screwed up.

So I am required to not shave,
keep the Sabbath holy,
etc, etc, etc.

And what do you say of the billions of people who just use Jesus as a scape goat and have no real intention of ever trying to keep from sinning. Rather they think to themselves: "oh well I'll go to heaven no matter what so I can do what ever I want and not care, Jesus died for me after all."

It is the Hypocrisy and unwillingness to move forward and improve ones self that has so disillusioned me with Organized Religion.

I don't believe in blood sacrifice, I believe the act to be a grievous evil similar to a witch performing a ritual of some kind. And so to me the idea that Jesus could be used as a sponge to soak up all my sin is absurd. If Gods so powerful he never needed the stupid rituals in order for us to be forgiven, he's God after all and if he's as compassionate as some claim, then all you need is ask, and it will be given. Hard work with strong virtues, striving not to sin, loving God with all your heart, and loving all others those are what's important. If you can do those eventually you will find all other things will fall into place.

The Bible was written by some of the followers of Christ (peace be upon him) after Christ's ascension into heaven (We Muslims do not believe that Christ was crucified or killed).
So you will find a difference in the editions of the Bible, so it will not be Perfect, because the man is not Perfect, just the prophets is perfect.
We Muslims believe in the Bible that God has given to the Christ (peace be upon him).

The fact that many books were left out of the Bible points the fact that it was man that wrote the Bible.
Not taking away from the many positive lessons in leading one's life contained in it anf the historical narrative which is fairly accurate.
However, the many different translations of it lend to the political influences of the day when transcribed, particulary the King James version.

keep the Sabbath holy,
etc, etc, etc.

And what do you say of the billions of people who just use Jesus as a scape goat and have no real intention of ever trying to keep from sinning. Rather they think to themselves: "oh well I'll go to heaven no matter what so I can do what ever I want and not care, Jesus died for me after all."

It is the Hypocrisy and unwillingness to move forward and improve ones self that has so disillusioned me with Organized Religion.

I don't believe in blood sacrifice, I believe the act to be a grievous evil similar to a witch performing a ritual of some kind. And so to me the idea that Jesus could be used as a sponge to soak up all my sin is absurd. If Gods so powerful he never needed the stupid rituals in order for us to be forgiven, he's God after all and if he's as compassionate as some claim, then all you need is ask, and it will be given. Hard work with strong virtues, striving not to sin, loving God with all your heart, and loving all others those are what's important. If you can do those eventually you will find all other things will fall into place.

Not shave? Did you take the vows of a Nazerite at some point? If not, I don't see how that would apply to you.

Since I just pointed out that Christians still have to be obedient you are ranting at the wrong person. Go find someone that believes grace coveres everything and ask them to defend their theology, I don't feel like. (Please note, I can actually defend that position if I wanted to.)

keep the Sabbath holy,
etc, etc, etc.

Not shave? Did you take the vows of a Nazerite at some point? If not, I don't see how that would apply to you.

Since I just pointed out that Christians still have to be obedient you are ranting at the wrong person. Go find someone that believes grace coveres everything and ask them to defend their theology, I don't feel like. (Please note, I can actually defend that position if I wanted to.)

Okay.

No, but I do think that one inspired by God was.

No, but I do think that one inspired by God was.

Defend your point of view then!.

Even if it was "inspired by God" men still wrote it down, they where interpretating what God wanted. How can you be for certain that those men where always right, that they never made mistakes, after all the Bible it's self says all have fallen short of the glory of the lord.
Don't you think scribes, Pharisees and priest can make mistakes since they are human or are you arguing that they can't?

The Holy Bible as most know it consist of the Jewish Torah a few other books and then the New Testament which sets Jews and Christians apart.

Most will tell you that God created the Bible because it was inspired by God and then men through the will of God wrote down the Word of God.
The Bible its self claims that people are not perfect and if we are not perfect how can a book written by us be perfect?
My answer is that it can't be perfect as it is man made, the same thing goes for all other holy books and scriptures.
How then if a book can't tell what God wants can you truly know? The answer is that from your own experience with the divine you will eventually get a feeling of what god wants from you.
While the Bible can provide some moral guidance it does have its contradictions and quite a few of them to boot.
Most notably is that one of the ten commandments tells us to hold God above all else and not to have Idols.
But what most Christians have done is they have broken that commandment by placing their idea of Jesus Christ on a pedestal above God whom truly does deserve praise.
The early church fathers believed or at least professed to believe in the Trinity the concept that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all the same. They even snuck in their own beliefs into the scriptures yet a portion of the truth still got through - "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good-except God alone." - Luke 18:19 " Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only." - Matthew 4:10

In case you do not realize it, I don't believe in the trinity but I do believe Jesus was The Son of God but they are not the same and God is the one who deserves worship.
The Worship of Jesus is a SIN! I am simply a non-traditional christian as I do not fit into any denominations of any kind.

Also regardless of what some may think God still speaks to some people it's just that we have grown tired of always writing down every thing we think god wants us to.

The bible is mostly fiction. Anybody who has a lick of sense who hasn't been brainwashed can quickly recogni e that. I mean talking snakes, big fish puking up live men and folks living through a 1200 degree furnace.......................duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh

Virgin birth, walking on water, healing leprosy by touching, resurrection......................duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:

The Bible is written by man true, but it is inspired by God. Jesus is the Son of God, and there is a Holy Trinity. In genesis God says "Let US make man in OUR image." He is speaking of the Holy Trinity. Jesus is our intercessor before God, we are to pray to God through Jesus name. How can you claim to be a Christian if you do not believe the Bible is the word of God?

The bible is mostly fiction. Anybody who has a lick of sense who hasn't been brainwashed can quickly recogni e that. I mean talking snakes, big fish puking up live men and folks living through a 1200 degree furnace.......................duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh

Virgin birth, walking on water, healing leprosy by touching, resurrection......................duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Glad to see your delusional ramblings are still as entertaining as ever, LIAR!!!

Forum List

Back