The Bible! Do you think a book written by men is perfect?

I believe that the Holy Spirit is perfect and I believe that It will guide my heart as I read His Word
:cool:

Your response is by far one of the best I've seen.

I don't believe in the trinity as in I don't worship the holy spirit or Jesus nor do I hold them at the same standing as God but I do believe that God can enact through others whether it be a man, a spirit or an angel. I also believe that God can use others with out their even knowing and even if they don't believe in her or reject her.

Do you mean that as you read,
The Bible you allow yourself to reflect on it and be moved by it and then according to what you feel has moved you, you accept that as the holy spirit enacting upon you?

Prezactly

That is how I feel,
yet I also feel a person can be moved by God with out the Bible also.

I believe that God wants me to warn people that worshiping the holy spirit and Jesus is a sin as they are not God. I also feel that if God is all powerful God never needed a sacrifice to forgive us our sin.

How do you view the trinity and it's worship?
Do you feel lead to believe that because of the holy spirit?
If you feel it is true then one of us is wrong as I believe that the holy spirit showed me it was false.

Just to clarify to me the Holy Spirit is an Angel, the most powerful Angel.

Last edited:
That is how I feel,

I believe that God wants me to warn people that worshiping the holy spirit and Jesus is a sin as they are not God. I also feel that if God is all powerful God never needed a sacrifice to forgive us our sin.

If you feel it is true then one of us is wrong as I believe that the holy spirit showed me it was false.

I worship God.
There is only one intercessor between myself and my Father. And that is Jesus Christ.
When Jesus was crucified, before He ascended to Heaven, He told us that He was leaving a Messenger (the Holy Spirit).

As to the underlined portion of your post?
You may as well throw your Bible away and call yourself an Atheist, then.
Because you just told me that you don't believe the Bible.
Without the Bible there is no teachings of Christ, God, or the Holy Ghost.
Your faith is based on your own definition, and not that of His Word.
:eusa_eh:

That is how I feel,

I worship God.
There is only one intercessor between myself and my Father. And that is Jesus Christ.
When Jesus was crucified, before He ascended to Heaven, He told us that He was leaving a Messenger (the Holy Spirit).

There is wisdom in the Bible.
but it is not perfect as it was created by men who were inspired by God, men are not perfect but God is.

I believe the parts of the bible I feel the holy spirit leads me to believe are true.

First do you know who chose what books got to stay in the new testament and which where thrown out and labeled heresy by the early church.
Those people who put it together not only rejected what else there was but tried to destroy all evidence that it existed.
Seems awfully fishy if you ask me.

That is how I feel,

I worship God.

There is wisdom in the Bible.
but it is not perfect as it was created by men who were inspired by God, men are not perfect but God is.

I believe the parts of the bible I feel the holy spirit leads me to believe are true.

First do you know who chose what books got to stay in the new testament and which where thrown out and labeled heresy by the early church.
Those people who put it together not only rejected what else there was but tried to destroy all evidence that it existed.
Seems awfully fishy if you ask me.

All we have to go by is what IS in the Bible (or whatever literature you want to research) and let the Holy Spirit guide your heart.
If you do that, trust me, you'll see fewer and fewer "contradictions".

The Holy Bible as most know it consist of the Jewish Torah a few other books and then the New Testament which sets Jews and Christians apart.

Most will tell you that God created the Bible because it was inspired by God and then men through the will of God wrote down the Word of God.
The truth is it was still written by men, God or no God.
The Bible its self claims that people are not perfect and if we are not perfect how can a book written by us be perfect?
My answer is that it can't be perfect as it is man made, the same thing goes for all other holy books and scriptures.
How then if a book can't tell what God wants can you truly know? The answer is that from your own experience with the divine you will eventually get a feeling of what god wants from you.
While the Bible can provide some moral guidance it does have its contradictions and quite a few of them to boot.
Most notably is that one of the ten commandments tells us to hold God above all else and not to have Idols.
But what most Christians have done is they have broken that commandment by placing their idea of Jesus Christ on a pedestal above God whom truly does deserve praise.
The early church fathers believed or at least professed to believe in the Trinity the concept that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all the same. They even snuck in their own beliefs into the scriptures yet a portion of the truth still got through - "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good-except God alone." - Luke 18:19 " Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only." - Matthew 4:10

In case you do not realize it, I don't believe in the trinity but I do believe Jesus was The Son of God but they are not the same and God is the one who deserves worship.
The Worship of Jesus is a SIN! I am simply a non-traditional christian as I do not fit into any denominations of any kind.

Also regardless of what some may think God still speaks to some people it's just that we have grown tired of always writing down every thing we think god wants us to.

I prefer that the Christian religion be based on the bible, yes.

There are fundamental truths that apparently cannot be taught and/or understood any other way than to apply such to ones life. Application is very important. Perception... can be trained, accordingly.

Insanity may be an ultimate goal for those most achieved.... but there are lots and lots and lots of, um, well.... unmentionables that are individualisrically determined.

It is NOT a wise thing to discredit and/or remove something that potentially empwers so many people, accordingly. Be it the bible, the kabbala, the quran, or Dick See Jane.

Forum List

Back