CDZ The 4th of July is a joke

Has the OP considered the alternative?

Does the OP believe that if this nation were still under British rule that all of those freedoms would be available?

Don't forget that under Britain you have strict gun control, single payer healthcare, unions everywhere, higher taxes.

That is the alternative to what the OP is whining about.

The UK isn't a bad place to live. Just saying....

As long as you know that defending yourself against criminal activity is a crime, You can't possess a firearm in your home, and you don't mind being the property of the state it's a great place to live - for sheep!

Does the OP believe that if this nation were still under British rule that all of those freedoms would be available?

Don't forget that under Britain you have strict gun control, single payer healthcare, unions everywhere, higher taxes.

As long as you know that defending yourself against criminal activity is a crime, You can't possess a firearm in your home, and you don't mind being the property of the state it's a great place to live - for sheep!

Tell all those living there that they are sheep. You are a moron who probably has never been outside of the state you were born in.

In history they always say the Us. had gained its freedom in 1776 after we fought against England & won at the time but looking at America now especially with Obama in office how free are we actually nowadays??? well ladies & gents i am here to tell my opinion & what i see & from what i see we are not as free as many people claim when you have governments & corporations trying to pass bills such as AB1-14 for example witch could allow someone at random to call some gun owner crazy & the government can take you're guns away that ladies & gents is not freedom that is a agenda now ask yourself this why would the government fake 75 mass shootings since Sandy Hook? well here is the simple answer for you New world order & gun control & many of you are sheep & are asleep to the truth & are not aware to what is really going on here in America we live in a world of corruption & some things will never change unless we make a difference so to be honest here wake up America the 4th of July is a joke you are not as free as you think you are i say if you really want to make a difference burn all you're American flags & go out & protest & stick it to the big brother who is watching you the government i mean.

In history they always say the Us. had gained its freedom in 1776 after we fought against England & won at the time but looking at America now especially with Obama in office how free are we actually nowadays??? well ladies & gents i am here to tell my opinion & what i see & from what i see we are not as free as many people claim when you have governments & corporations trying to pass bills such as AB1-14 for example witch could allow someone at random to call some gun owner crazy & the government can take you're guns away that ladies & gents is not freedom that is a agenda now ask yourself this why would the government fake 75 mass shootings since Sandy Hook? well here is the simple answer for you New world order & gun control & many of you are sheep & are asleep to the truth & are not aware to what is really going on here in America we live in a world of corruption & some things will never change unless we make a difference so to be honest here wake up America the 4th of July is a joke you are not as free as you think you are i say if you really want to make a difference burn all you're American flags & go out & protest & stick it to the big brother who is watching you the government i mean.

WTF???? LOL XD XD.

Guy Fawkes knew which which to use. (waving to the NSA---you look marvelous today!)
If you do not like something the government is doing, start a petition against it on Change.org The world s platform for change or We the People Your Voice in Our Government We the People Your Voice in Our Government
You have power, it is called the media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube). Use it because whining never solves anything. Keep in mind that no one will follow a radical, whiner, or someone who does not use a grammar checker. Be polite, articulate, and make sense. Huzzah!

We declared our independence on July 4th, 1776 and won the battle for our independence in 1783.
We celebrate the day of the declaration because at the end of the war there were dead to bury, disabled to care for, and a debt to be paid. Not a lot to celebrate. Then in 1812 the British tried again.
The British did not try again

"Then in 1812 the British tried again."

And got their asses thoroughly kicked that time around! Thank God for Andy J.!
The British did not attempt a new invasion.The war of 1812 started over trade. Britain tried to keep the US (actually, everyone) from trading with France (Napoleon) so it started bullying on the high seas, which then turned into their boots on our ground. It became, eventually, a war between France and Britain/Britain and US/US and Native Americans and Canada. The US was almost owned.
The British defeat in Baltimore gave way to peace talks, but British forces in the south that did not know the war ended and invaded NO, to which Jackson saved the day. The war ended with the Treaty of Ghent (borders and boundaries) and the end of the Federalist party.
The US instigated their part in that war using the trade issue as an excuse to start shit because they were still pissed. We almost lost that war--it would have made the entire Revolutionary War a war of vanity and all those lives would have been lost for nothing. That is not a war to celebrate but to learn from. Starting wars because of emotions will possibly get your ass kicked and owned.

The British did not attempt a new invasion.The war of 1812 started over trade. Britain tried to keep the US (actually, everyone) from trading with France (Napoleon) so it started bullying on the high seas, which then turned into their boots on our ground. It became, eventually, a war between France and Britain/Britain and US/US and Native Americans and Canada. The US was almost owned.
The British defeat in Baltimore gave way to peace talks, but British forces in the south that did not know the war ended and invaded NO, to which Jackson saved the day. The war ended with the Treaty of Ghent (borders and boundaries) and the end of the Federalist party.
The US instigated their part in that war using the trade issue as an excuse to start shit because they were still pissed. We almost lost that war--it would have made the entire Revolutionary War a war of vanity and all those lives would have been lost for nothing. That is not a war to celebrate but to learn from. Starting wars because of emotions will possibly get your ass kicked and owned.

Disagree.
Is there anyone anywhere who believe's that British forces would have quietly packed their gear and gone away had their invasion accomplished it's goals? Would the Treaty of Ghent been worth the paper it was written on? I see no reason to believe so.
Even if the Treaty of Ghent could be considered the end of that war the invasion aimed at NO would have to be considered just cause for the start of a new one and the invaders could have simply used any excuse they liked as cause. As it stands the Battle of New Orleans thoroughly humiliated the Brits because of the resounding defeat handed what was supposed to be the most formidable military force in the world by a highly inferior force composed almost entirely of untrained militia.
"Oops! Excuse me! Just kidding. No harm done." Doesn't begin to cover the deaths of many hundreds of people.

Last edited:

Disagree.
Is there anyone anywhere who believe's that British forces would have quietly packed their gear and gone away had their invasion accomplished it's goals? Would the Treaty of Ghent been worth the paper it was written on? I see no reason to believe so.
Even if the Treaty of Ghent could be considered the end of that war the invasion aimed at NO would have to be considered just cause for the start of a new one and the invaders could have simply used any excuse they liked as cause. As it stands the Battle of New Orleans thoroughly humiliated the Brits because of the resounding defeat handed what was supposed to be the most formidable military force in the world by a highly inferior force composed almost entirely of untrained militia.
"Oops! Excuse me! Just kidding. No harm done." Doesn't begin to cover the deaths of many hundreds of people.
Unlike modern times the powers actually held to their agreements, it was a matter of honor so yes, even if the British had won in NO they would have packed up and left when they received the news.
Yes the Battle of NO handed the Brits a humiliating defeat but nowhere did I read; "Oops! Excuse me! Just kidding. No harm done." (or anything indicating that) in any of the previous posts, pointing out the battle took place after the treaty was signed doesn't diminish one iota the sacrifice of the battle participants.

America voted for independence on July 2nd, 1776 and on July 4th voted to accept Jefferson's Declaration of Independence. The war lasted until 1783.
But the official declaration was not signed until August.
9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence History in the Headlines
On June 10, 1776 the colonists decided in case they voted to be free of British rule they would appoint a committee to write a declaration of independence. A committee was formed to write the declaration and the committee selected Jefferson to write it.
On July 2, 1776 the Congress voted to be free from British rule. July 2nd. was the day of days, on that day we voted our independence. On July 4 Jefferson brought in his Declaration of Independence and that was now voted on, but it was two days after we had already voted on Lee's resolution of independence.
The July 4th date was to accept Jefferson's document. The document written to get help from colonists and France.
We do not celebrate the day we voted independence, we celebrate the day we approved Jefferson's document.

Bush was just as bad as Obama there are good presidents & bad ones too.
Bush was too liberal, that's all that was wrong with him. Nobody has ever been as hideously awful as Obama.

US_Flag_Burn.jpg
Is your avatar really you? Wow!

The fact is that the American Revolution was carried out by wild-eyed violent revolutionary fanatical criminals.
God bless 'em! Just shows there's a time and place for everything.

Actually almost none of the Founders were wild eyed fanatics; they just put a couple or three good propagandists on the payroll, Paine, Otis, et al. The 'Founders' were largely conservative Establishment types, particularly the Virginians, and also part of a political faction of the English Parliament as well, which was part of the reasons for their eventual success. The 'wild eyed violent revolutionary fanatics' got stuffed under the bus or deported after the Revolution was over.

Well, it wasn't such a great place to be for your average prole in the late 18th and the entire 19th century, which is why almost nobody over here struggled to get back to the ' Mother Country' for a couple of centuries.

You mean the 4th of July isn't a joke since it's been turned into a corporate holiday where most of the people munching on brats, slurping beer, and killing themselves with illegal fireworks don't really even know what they're celebrating? ... Then again, most American holidays have become something like that.

"The 'Founders' were largely conservative Establishment types, particularly the Virginians, and also part of a political faction of the English Parliament as well,..."

The Crown was the Establishment and it was those who were pro-establishment, along with the British and their mercenaries, that fought against the revolutionaries that started this country. Did you go to school in England?

"The 'Founders' were largely conservative Establishment types, particularly the Virginians, and also part of a political faction of the English Parliament as well,..."

The Crown was the Establishment and it was those who were pro-establishment, along with the British and their mercenaries, that fought against the revolutionaries that started this country. Did you go to school in England?

I went to school before Google Scholaring and runaway sociology took over the education establishments, so yes, I would be more informed than you would be. The 'Founders' were largely middle and upper class bourgeois types, the usual demographic that start and win successful 'revolutions', as opposed to ranting idiots and egomaniacs who usually end up getting killed by their own followers in short order. Since you don't know squat about English history, you might want to read up on the politics of England from the 1660's onward for a couple of months and get some sort of clue about the whole thing and then get back to the topic.

"I went to school before Google Scholaring and runaway sociology took over the education establishments, so yes, I would be more informed than you would be. The 'Founders' were largely middle and upper class bourgeois types, the usual demographic that start and win successful 'revolutions', as opposed to ranting idiots and egomaniacs who usually end up getting killed by their own followers in short order. Since you don't know squat about English history, you might want to readup on the politics of England from the 1660's onward for a couple of months and get some sort of clue about the whole thing and then get back to the topic."

Gosh, I went to school well before the personal computer was anything more than science fiction. So now we have evidence that you are prone to making assumptions based on pure fantasy.
Revolutions-by definition-are illegal uprisings that are fought by revolutionaries.The "founders" (which BTW, I did not mention) rarely have much involvement until the actual conflict is over. You obviously have little knowledge about American history.

WoW, I went to skool before anyone in the general population knew how to say or spell computer, let alone #2 pencil with eraser. I must be really old. However I seem to remember one founder who may have been involved, George, unh, damn, what was his name? Does not rhyme with cherry tree. Oh yea, Hamilton? Duh! I got it! Philadelphia!

Forum List

Back