That is right, Jewish Americans, common core is insinuating the holocaust is a myth.

And, as usual Dogma is making shit up in order to deliberately distort people's position.

I think children need to learn how to think critically and they are going to be exposed to hate sites whether you want it or not. It's far better that they be exposed to it in a learning process then encountering it on their own without the tools to analyze it.

Teachers stay neutral because kids have to figure it out - it doesn't mean they don't at some point step in with relevant questions to encourage the kids to consider the right position. It's basic learning theory. You seem to prefer an approach that requires kids to simply memorize right and wrong rather than learn to figure it out (with help) and learn to navigate these things.

These aren't third graders - they're beginning to be teenagers and they are going to question established positions. If that is going to happen, I'd rather teachers and parents be in on the process.

I have made nothing up. You support making antisemitic hate sites required for young teens and preteens, and are on record as indicating that the schools should not interfere by teaching what actually happened.

Yes, you are, because you are stripping away the context - typical strategy for your ilk.

I support using hate sites within the context of an assignment that is intended to teach critical thinking.

And no, I am not on record stating or even implying "schools should not interfere by teaching what actually happened". Those are your words and your words only.

Keep making shit up it seems to be your best strategy.

I don't know that decisively, but I am quite sure that 8th grade assignments are not conducted in a vacuum.

especially when they require 8th grade students to use hate sites for references.

What other sites would carry Holocaust-hoax material but hate sites? How else are they going to learn to navigate these sorts of things? These aren't third graders.

kids---like 12 or 13 years old-----HATE SITES ??? I have never come across any site that labeled it self "THIS IS
A HATE SITE"

Rosie, these kids are on the internet all the time without any supervision and that includes easy access to hate sites where they may not have a clue that the site is propaganda. You seem to think you can prevent them from accessing these things, how are you going to do that?

I am not going to do that -----but I am certainly not going to give them a TOPIC upon which to write a paper for which
there is a MYRIAD OF FILTH OF YOUR FAVORITE KIND.
holocaust denial is a subject which is promoted by
and paid for by arab oil money and has been an obsession
with millions of BELIEVERS for about 80 years
I don't know that decisively, but I am quite sure that 8th grade assignments are not conducted in a vacuum.

especially when they require 8th grade students to use hate sites for references.

What other sites would carry Holocaust-hoax material but hate sites? How else are they going to learn to navigate these sorts of things? These aren't third graders.

kids---like 12 or 13 years old-----HATE SITES ??? I have never come across any site that labeled it self "THIS IS
A HATE SITE"

Rosie, these kids are on the internet all the time without any supervision and that includes easy access to hate sites where they may not have a clue that the site is propaganda. You seem to think you can prevent them from accessing these things, how are you going to do that?

I am not going to do that -----but I am certainly not going to give them a TOPIC upon which to write a paper for which
there is a MYRIAD OF FILTH OF YOUR FAVORITE KIND.
holocaust denial is a subject which is promoted by
and paid for by arab oil money and has been an obsession
with millions of BELIEVERS for about 80 years

I really don't care who promotes and who believes it. I think kids need to learn how to read it for what it is and that requires critical thinking skills be actively taught.

[

Can we say "bigotry" kids?

Like there isn't anything bigoted about Holocaust denial.

What a strange world you antisemites wish to create. You support those calling for a Jewish Holocaust

Link? Show me where I've supported that.

and think Holocaust denial belongs in a classroom, while indulging in turnspeak by calling those who identify the source the bigotry the actual bigots.

And again, you are making shit up. Can't you ever be honest?

You're just like the anti-semites. You look at the name of the teacher and based upon that alone, immediately start up with your bigotry. I don't think you have much room to call others anti-semites (perhaps you can also provide a link for anything I've said that is antisemitic without making things up).

[

Can we say "bigotry" kids?

Like there isn't anything bigoted about Holocaust denial.

What a strange world you antisemites wish to create. You support those calling for a Jewish Holocaust

and think Holocaust denial belongs in a classroom, while indulging in turnspeak by calling those who identify the source the bigotry the actual bigots.

And again, you are making shit up. Can't you ever be honest?

You're just like the anti-semites. You look at the name of the teacher and based upon that alone, immediately start up with your bigotry. I don't think you have much room to call others anti-semites (perhaps you can also provide a link for anything I've said that is antisemitic without making things up).

Yanno, rather than proscribed visits to hate sites by 13 yr olds we should be teaching them that the Internet is a place where anyone can say anything and much of it is BS. Hopefully that is the lesson these kids will learn from the required use of BibleBelievers.com but I must admit to serious reservations. Equally misleading as a Nazi website which cloaks itself in the Bible is the MartinLutherKIng.org site which is owned and operated by none other than the former Grand Poobah of the KKK and leading international bigot, David Duke. Kids need to learn what is real and what is BS but I doubt that is the intent of the assignment.

I think that is part of the assignment who's express purpose is to teach critical thinking but people aren't seeing that - all they see in big red letters is Holocaust Denial.

It seems a whole lot better to actively teach this then to let kids come upon it and draw their own conclusions without guidance or challange.

And, as usual Dogma is making shit up in order to deliberately distort people's position.

I think children need to learn how to think critically and they are going to be exposed to hate sites whether you want it or not. It's far better that they be exposed to it in a learning process then encountering it on their own without the tools to analyze it.

Teachers stay neutral because kids have to figure it out - it doesn't mean they don't at some point step in with relevant questions to encourage the kids to consider the right position. It's basic learning theory. You seem to prefer an approach that requires kids to simply memorize right and wrong rather than learn to figure it out (with help) and learn to navigate these things.

These aren't third graders - they're beginning to be teenagers and they are going to question established positions. If that is going to happen, I'd rather teachers and parents be in on the process.

I have made nothing up. You support making antisemitic hate sites required for young teens and preteens, and are on record as indicating that the schools should not interfere by teaching what actually happened.

Yes, you are, because you are stripping away the context - typical strategy for your ilk.

I support using hate sites within the context of an assignment that is intended to teach critical thinking.

And no, I am not on record stating or even implying "schools should not interfere by teaching what actually happened". Those are your words and your words only.

In fact you did state that the teachers ---when giving out an
assignment "did the jews really die or are they faking it"---
as a lesson in "critical thinking" should not express a point of view.

how about-----"did muhummad really kill lots of people, rape
lots of people, and steal lots and fake an interview with
JIBRIL" ------or did muslims just make that story up in order
to justify their genocides of 100s of millions over 1400 years?
---or were recent Islamic genocides like of Biafrans and
east Pakistani hindus and Armenians----just FAKED as is
that BOKO HARAM BS???

[

In post #88, you said flat out that the school should not take a position on the Holocaust.

Damn, if you aren't the biggest piece of double-talking excrement I have ever encountered on the net.

In fact you did state that the teachers ---when giving out an
assignment "did the jews really die or are they faking it"---
as a lesson in "critical thinking" should not express a point of view.

how about-----"did muhummad really kill lots of people, rape
lots of people, and steal lots and fake an interview with
JIBRIL" ------or did muslims just make that story up in order
to justify their genocides of 100s of millions over 1400 years?
---or were recent Islamic genocides like of Biafrans and
east Pakistani hindus and Armenians----just FAKED as is
that BOKO HARAM BS???

And you left out the rest of it. They should let the student figure it out and guide the discussion in the right direction. If students learn to figure it out themselves, the lesson is better learned. If they're just told what to think they're going to challenge it. These are teens and preteens - not little kids. They're at the age where they are going to challenge what they are told.

Check out coyote doing what all left wingers do. They claim they are all about free speech and "critical thinking." Notice, mind you, how she isnot showing outrage over the subject matter. The holocaust a myth and it is used by Israel for propaganda? Critical thinking eh? Of course it is. Of course.

Are we going to deny that left winger Americans despise America and sees Israel as an extention of America who is guilty of genocide and they cry over the plight over the mythical palestinian people?

I promise you this, if the commie core assigned those little students to do an 18 page paper on the myth of man made global warming, her little cries about "critical thinking" would not be her stance.

Funny, how when it comes to this subject she is so open minded.

Fucking liberals and their bullshit.

[

In post #88, you said flat out that the school should not take a position on the Holocaust.

Damn, if you aren't the biggest piece of double-talking excrement I have ever encountered on the net.

And that post is proof that you are a piece of work. You constantly take part of a statement and ignore the rest because if you take the whole you can't make the claim. Unlike you, at least my dogs are honest when they shit - they don't pretent it's anything else but excrement.

Here are my words:

I disagree. The focus of the assignment should be for the kids to figure out for themselves - with guidance but not actual position taking- how to assess the material they come across. What's important is less the position itself then the ability to critically look at material, assess it, build a position, defend it and if the defense is shattered by counter arguments, reassess it. Though it isn't explicit in the OP, based on my own experiences, I strongly suspect that there is a lot discussion on sources and how to evaluate them.

It's not about that one particular assignment - it's about providing the tools to do this sort of critical analysis across the board so when these kids encounter similar hoaxes, hate sites etc they have the tools they need to properly evaluate their claims.

Check out coyote doing what all left wingers do. They claim they are all about free speech and "critical thinking." Notice, mind you, how she isnot showing outrage over the subject matter. The holocaust a myth and it is used by Israel for propaganda? Critical thinking eh? Of course it is. Of course.

Are we going to deny that left winger Americans despise America and sees Israel as an extention of America who is guilty of genocide and they cry over the plight over the mythical palestinian people?

I promise you this, if the commie core assigned those little students to do an 18 page paper on the myth of man made global warming, her little cries about "critical thinking" would not be her stance.

The subject matter is not "the holocaust is a myth" - didn't you even read your OP?

Here are my words:

]I disagree. The focus of the assignment should be for the kids to figure out for themselves - with guidance but not actual position taking- how to assess the material they come across. What's important is less the position itself then the ability to critically look at material, assess it, build a position, defend it and if the defense is shattered by counter arguments, reassess it. Though it isn't explicit in the OP, based on my own experiences, I strongly suspect that there is a lot discussion on sources and how to evaluate them.

It's not about that one particular assignment - it's about providing the tools to do this sort of critical analysis across the board so when these kids encounter similar hoaxes, hate sites etc they have the tools they need to properly evaluate their claims.

Ah, yes -- some of that good, old C.A.I.R. "guidance".

That makes it SO much better.

Coyote does not even respond my excellent topic for
"critical thinking" re Islamic genocides over the
past 100 years as a direct result of the teachings of the
creature who committed the only known comprehensive
and complete genocide known in history---to wit muhummad

Here are my words:

]I disagree. The focus of the assignment should be for the kids to figure out for themselves - with guidance but not actual position taking- how to assess the material they come across. What's important is less the position itself then the ability to critically look at material, assess it, build a position, defend it and if the defense is shattered by counter arguments, reassess it. Though it isn't explicit in the OP, based on my own experiences, I strongly suspect that there is a lot discussion on sources and how to evaluate them.

Ah, yes -- some of that good, old C.A.I.R. "guidance".

That makes it SO much better.

So you can't attack the actual argument then? You make stuff up, then result to insults.

You don't think teaching critical thinking is important? You think you can just tell teens what to do or what to believe and they'll never question it? Do you believe in unicorns?

[

And that post is proof that you are a piece of work. You constantly take part of a statement and ignore the rest because if you take the whole you can't make the claim. Unlike you, at least my dogs are honest when they shit - they don't pretent it's anything else but excrement.

Here are my words:

I disagree. The focus of the assignment should be for the kids to figure out for themselves - with guidance but not actual position taking- how to assess the material they come across. What's important is less the position itself then the ability to critically look at material, assess it, build a position, defend it and if the defense is shattered by counter arguments, reassess it. Though it isn't explicit in the OP, based on my own experiences, I strongly suspect that there is a lot discussion on sources and how to evaluate them.

"with guidance"??? was this supposed to be a paper
which each student would write himself? or a class group
project? I wrote all my junior high and high school papers
by myself-------how could a teacher GUIDE each of her
classes-----and each student in this endeavor? Like an
impossible task. I could see as a far better task----
HOW TO IDENTIFY HATE SITES. and why they
should be avoided

Coyote does not even respond my excellent topic for
"critical thinking" re Islamic genocides over the
past 100 years as a direct result of the teachings of the
creature who committed the only known comprehensive
and complete genocide known in history---to wit muhummad

Maybe because your so-called topic is poorly constructed and overly broad and, unlike the holocaust is not backed by a considerable body of evidence (remember, those pesky Germans loved to keep records)...and your topic is little more than a topic changer.

If you want to make a topic for 8th graders on genocides it needs to be clear cut. Of course, there are plenty of hate sites to draw from should you go that route.

Except that Coyote has yet to express an opinion that's liberal.

Liberals aren't pushing to have antisemitic hate sites required material for impressionable young people who then receive "guidance" by those sympathetic to the Islamist agenda that demanded it.

Islamists are.

Any actual liberal would be absolutely aghast that our schools have now devolved to the point where holocaust denial is required reading.
I

[

Here are my words:

"with guidance"??? was this supposed to be a paper
which each student would write himself? or a class group
project? I wrote all my junior high and high school papers
by myself-------how could a teacher GUIDE each of her
classes-----and each student in this endeavor? Like an
impossible task. I could see as a far better task----
HOW TO IDENTIFY HATE SITES. and why they
should be avoided

That would be an excellant addendum to teaching how to think critically - how to evaluate the sites you come across, and their claims.

Forum List

Back