That is right, Jewish Americans, common core is insinuating the holocaust is a myth.

Link? Show me where I've supported that.

[

In post #88, you said flat out that the school should not take a position on the Holocaust.

Damn, if you aren't the biggest piece of double-talking excrement I have ever encountered on the net.

And that post is proof that you are a piece of work. You constantly take part of a statement and ignore the rest because if you take the whole you can't make the claim. Unlike you, at least my dogs are honest when they shit - they don't pretent it's anything else but excrement.

Here are my words:

I disagree. The focus of the assignment should be for the kids to figure out for themselves - with guidance but not actual position taking- how to assess the material they come across. What's important is less the position itself then the ability to critically look at material, assess it, build a position, defend it and if the defense is shattered by counter arguments, reassess it. Though it isn't explicit in the OP, based on my own experiences, I strongly suspect that there is a lot discussion on sources and how to evaluate them.

It's not about that one particular assignment - it's about providing the tools to do this sort of critical analysis across the board so when these kids encounter similar hoaxes, hate sites etc they have the tools they need to properly evaluate their claims.

"with guidance"??? was this supposed to be a paper
which each student would write himself? or a class group
project? I wrote all my junior high and high school papers
by myself-------how could a teacher GUIDE each of her
classes-----and each student in this endeavor? Like an
impossible task. I could see as a far better task----
HOW TO IDENTIFY HATE SITES. and why they
should be avoided

That would be an excellant addendum to teaching how to think critically - how to evaluate the sites you come across, and their claims.

no wonder muslims are so edgy that they are demanding
the CRIMINALIZING by international law of criticism
of muhummad (the rapist dog)------based on coyote's
definition of teach "critical thinking"-----teacher's in public
schools could assign-------as a topic -----
"MUHUMMAD------good guy vs rapist dog"

Check out coyote doing what all left wingers do. They claim they are all about free speech and "critical thinking." Notice, mind you, how she isnot showing outrage over the subject matter. The holocaust a myth and it is used by Israel for propaganda? Critical thinking eh? Of course it is. Of course.

Are we going to deny that left winger Americans despise America and sees Israel as an extention of America who is guilty of genocide and they cry over the plight over the mythical palestinian people?

I promise you this, if the commie core assigned those little students to do an 18 page paper on the myth of man made global warming, her little cries about "critical thinking" would not be her stance.

Funny, how when it comes to this subject she is so open minded.

Fucking liberals and their bullshit.

Except that Coyote has yet to express an opinion that's liberal.

Well, neither do you but...that's water under the bridge. You spend an awful lot of time pontificating on how other people aren't liberal while showing few liberal tendancies of your own :lol:

Liberals aren't pushing to have antisemitic hate sites required material for impressionable young people who then receive "guidance" by those sympathetic to the Islamist agenda that demanded it.

Proof that these young people recieve "guidance" by those "sympathetic to the Islamist agenda" ? A link maybe showing this? Are you suggesting that American teachers have an Islamist agenda? Or is this more of your delusional bigotry rearing it's ugly head?

Islamists are.

Any actual liberal would be absolutely aghast that our schools have now devolved to the point where holocaust denial is required reading.

I don't think you know what an actual liberal would think since you've shown little aptitude thus far.

If you don't read about holocaust denial, how will you learn to assess it for the hoax that it is? In your typical dishonest fashion - you take it out of it's context, distort it and present it out of the entire assignment.

That would be a pretty stupid assignment. Sheesh.

[

In post #88, you said flat out that the school should not take a position on the Holocaust.

Damn, if you aren't the biggest piece of double-talking excrement I have ever encountered on the net.

And that post is proof that you are a piece of work. You constantly take part of a statement and ignore the rest because if you take the whole you can't make the claim. Unlike you, at least my dogs are honest when they shit - they don't pretent it's anything else but excrement.

Here are my words:

I disagree. The focus of the assignment should be for the kids to figure out for themselves - with guidance but not actual position taking- how to assess the material they come across. What's important is less the position itself then the ability to critically look at material, assess it, build a position, defend it and if the defense is shattered by counter arguments, reassess it. Though it isn't explicit in the OP, based on my own experiences, I strongly suspect that there is a lot discussion on sources and how to evaluate them.

It's not about that one particular assignment - it's about providing the tools to do this sort of critical analysis across the board so when these kids encounter similar hoaxes, hate sites etc they have the tools they need to properly evaluate their claims.

should be avoided

That would be an excellant addendum to teaching how to think critically - how to evaluate the sites you come across, and their claims.

I would prefer it as the actual AGENDA OF THE COURSE---
more than enough of a task if it could be accomplished
in a junior high history class------AFTERALL----THEY HAVE
TO LEARN HISTORY TOO OTHER THAN THE MOUNTAINS OF HOLOCAUST DENIAL CRAP
PRODUCED BY ISLAMO NAZI PIGS OVER THE
PAST 80 YEARS-----not to mention denial of the other
genocides. -----in fact "GENOCIDE DENIAL" is a better
topic than is "holocaust denial" ---for those interested---
muslims deny the biafran holocaust too

You could probably make a good assignment utilizing the Charlie Hebdo murders, free speech, Islam and the reactions of the different groups. But it wouldn't be as clean cut as Holocaust vs Holohoax because you don't have the body of historical evidence supporting the arguments that you do for the Holocaust. I don't know if it would make a good critical thinking assignment for 8th graders.

OMG! Jews are riding the holocaust, blacks are riding slavery whining for special treatment. Neither of those were supported nor executed by our generation. WTF???

[

Here are my words:

should be avoided

I don't think they are learning "mountains of holocaust denial crap" - this is one assignment and it's purpose was to teach critical thinking.

You could probably make a good assignment utilizing the Charlie Hebdo murders, free speech, Islam and the reactions of the different groups. But it wouldn't be as clean cut as Holocaust vs Holohoax because you don't have the body of historical evidence supporting the arguments that you do for the Holocaust. I don't know if it would make a good critical thinking assignment for 8th graders.

long ago----when I was young-----and had to face the infamous
*****TERM PAPER***** I learned an excellent lesson------
)))))****LESS IS BETTER****((((((

there is far TOO MUCH material on holocaust denial
for a 13 year old kid to digest

I applaud your patience and persistence in trying to impart common sense. It won't work as you can see. They are so busy talking that they cannot hear anything you say.

long ago----when I was young-----and had to face the infamous
*****TERM PAPER***** I learned an excellent lesson------
)))))****LESS IS BETTER****((((((

there is far TOO MUCH material on holocaust denial
for a 13 year old kid to digest

Ya...but 13 is when they start to challenge what they've been taught and they are going to come across those sites with or without teachers and parents to tell them how to what to think. Conspiracy theories are really compelling - a lot of people believe them and the internet makes them more widely available. Kids need to learn at some point how to take them apart.

Common Core is not anti-holocaust. Only the deranged or the criminal minded would suggest such a stupid thought. Using critical thinking skills to examine the sources and attacks on the Holocaust will inevitably lead the student to understand the horrible immensity of the tragedy that occurred during WWII.

Here are my words:

should be avoided

I don't think they are learning "mountains of holocaust denial crap" - this is one assignment and it's purpose was to teach critical thinking.

one assignment in a history course----one paper----TOO MUCH MATERIAL

Common Core is not anti-holocaust. Only the deranged would suggest a stupid thought. Using critical thinking skills to examine the sources and attacks on the Holocaust is will inevitably lead the student to understand the horrible tragedy that occurred during WWII.

I do not think they hit on a good way to do it It is TOO BIG
A TOPIC -----and very prone to preconceived ideas

Here are my words:

should be avoided

one assignment in a history course----one paper----TOO MUCH MATERIAL

That's possible. The OP didn't say whether it was part of a history class or english class. I don't know what they teach in history these days in public school.

Yes -- anything that singles out people other than Jews would be "stupid", whereas making antisemitic hate sites required source material along with "guidance" from the likes of you would be a lesson in "critical thinking".

Got it.

why stupid? there are lots of survivors of the filth of shariah
who would consider muhummad to be a rapist dog----especially those raped based on the "teachings" of
muhummad. Kids could get really focused and interview
some victims. Maybe some yazidi kid out there with a
computer. What could you POSSIBLY have against such
a topic?

who would consider muhummad to be a rapist dog----especially those raped based on the "teachings" of
a topic?

You need to understand here, Rosie, that if you support the agenda it becomes a valuable tool with which to indoctri ... oops, I mean "teach critical thinking skills", and it is only when you don't support the agenda that it becomes "stupid".

a topic?

You need to understand here, Rosie, that if you support the agenda it becomes a valuable tool with which to indoctri ... oops, I mean "teach critical thinking skills", and it is only when you don't support the agenda that it becomes "stupid".

give me a minute-----sometimes when the material is
not absolutely self evident-----it takes me time to get that
engram shoved into my cortex

Yes -- anything that singles out people other than Jews would be "stupid", whereas making antisemitic hate sites required source material along with "guidance" from the likes of you would be a lesson in "critical thinking".

Got it.

I made the mistake of assuming you were more intelligent than you appear.

What is stupid is an overly broad assignment where it's likely to be very subjective. I gave a good example of how a good assignment could be put together over Charlie Hebdo murders, Islam, and free speech. You're clearly not yet ready for prime time.

Forum List

Back