Tell us something about you....

P.J. O'Rourke

Any good PJ stories you can tell? His books are a hoot.

Nah. Most of these were public speeches. Jason Robards was kind of a prick, although not nearly as bad as that scumbucket Dwight Yoakam. I didn't really go into music but I can say that Chicago are a bunch of prima donnas, Lyle Lovett really is that ugly up close, and Faith Hill brings three tractor trailers (at the time 15 years ago) of equipment, one piece of which is a giant road case that needs seven people to move it onstage and when it's opened up it's a grand piano --- except it's only a shell of a piano with no harp or hammers, which they turn at an angle and set a $100 Yamaha electric piano on it so the audience who can't see it thinks their ticket price was justified....

I have traveled through most of the U.S.

I've been from Phoenix Arizona all the way to Tacoma, Philadelphia, Atlanta, LA

I was born about four thousand years ago. There ain't nothin' in this world I do not know. I saw Jonah swallowed by the whale and I pulled the lion's tail and I can whip the man who says it isn't so. True story.

I have traveled through most of the U.S.

I've been from Phoenix Arizona all the way to Tacoma, Philadelphia, Atlanta, LA

I was born about four thousand years ago. There ain't nothin' in this world I do not know. I saw Jonah swallowed by the whale and I pulled the lion's tail and I can whip the man who says it isn't so. True story.

USMB is a community...often in this partisan atmosphere - it can get toxic. But we exist beyond a political label.

So...who are you? What can you tell us that we might not expect, in our readiness to label?

I'll start.

I adore dogs, they've given meaning to my life as I have no children (but, no, I don't think of them AS child replacements - they are who they are). I'm involved in Australian Shepherd rescue but have a soft spot for all the herding dogs and Pitties too. Any dog. I have a real fondness for asshole dogs no one else wants.

I have cats. They rule. Need more be said?

I live in a state that is VERY red, but also full of wonderfully kind people. The sort that when you stupidly drive to fast in a snowstorm and plow into a drift will pull you out.

I love hiking and running and live in the perfect area to enjoy both.

I love horses but will never be able to afford them.

I love to read - my junk food reading of choice is mysteries and sci fi.

I"ve enjoyed conversations with liberals and conservatives both...and learned things and adjusted my assumptions.

I think our country is great.

Who are you?

I had this Algebra Teacher that ask me to write in a essay what I wanted to be when I grew up?

Well I wrote I wanted to be a American Terrorist that kill math teachers that wanted me to write some Essay in Math Class...

So are you my old Math Teacher?

Oh, something you might not know about me is I love cats and Dogs, and do a lot of stuff for others for free no matter who they are. Also I am Unitarian...

If I write anything else I might egg you PM box to death!

:lol:

I failed math several times...

8TxK8x4Rc_zpshxw9eke6.png

You have a thunder mug?

Master bathroom works just fine.
When I was a kid the outhouse was 75 yards from the house. Thus a thunder mug under every bed. Just sayin'.
Also known as a "chamber pot" in England.

Until indoor plumbing came to the world, everyone used chamber pots.

They would put them under a wooden seat which a big hole cut into it in the shape of what we now call a toilet seat.

I guess you can set the chamber pot outside the door after you used it so that the "gall" would not stink up the room.
They're called chamber pots here, too. They had lids. You kept it under the bed. Downstairs, you went outside to the outhouse. First thing every morning (after breakfast, of course) you went up and made the beds, emptied and cleaned the chamber pots.

"Chamber pot" is the only term I've ever heard. Half of what Hoss writes is fabrication and the other half he just makes up.
I heard they just had a guy carry the pot around for the royals to use. He was called "The Piss Boy." They even had a movie about it.

Yes, i could learn more about the way it was for you in the past , it was différent then in France,

Yes, daguerréotypes, old books, and old society games. and you do you collect ?

I see some very great old car in the show and the jukebox some peoples in your country have some of those that are marvelous

Forum List

Back