Ted Cruz Introduces Bills to Stop Gay Marriage

You are obsessing about an institution that has over a 60% failure rate. That abysmal longevity stat has little if nothing to do with homosexuals. It would serve you that think it is the "foundation" of our society to work a little harder on the actual causes of it's horrible record of success.

many believe that sanctioning gay marriage would harm society, you don't believe it would. There is a difference of opinion-----------so lets put it to a vote in every state and let the will of the people prevail.

I will accept the will of the people, will you?
How would it harm society? I see a lot of people who's sensibilities it would harm but 0 evidence for societal harm

in the opinion of many human beings, homosexuality is not a normal human condition, treating a sickness as normal would harm society.

you may think otherwise and thats ok, but the majority opinion should prevail, unless we live in a dictatorship.
I don't believe it is normal. I just don't believe it matters.

so you have no issue with the govt calling abnormality normal? How about abnormal pedifilia? polygamy? where does it start and end?
And away we go over the cliff of absurdity. The government should butt the fuck out of personal lives. Period. They don't need to sanction relationships. The only reason they do is for fees & taxes.
If someone wants to do disgusting shit in the privacy of their own home what business is it of anyone elses, especially the damn government?

many believe that sanctioning gay marriage would harm society, you don't believe it would. There is a difference of opinion-----------so lets put it to a vote in every state and let the will of the people prevail.

How would it harm society? I see a lot of people who's sensibilities it would harm but 0 evidence for societal harm

in the opinion of many human beings, homosexuality is not a normal human condition, treating a sickness as normal would harm society.

you may think otherwise and thats ok, but the majority opinion should prevail, unless we live in a dictatorship.
I don't believe it is normal. I just don't believe it matters.

so you have no issue with the govt calling abnormality normal? How about abnormal pedifilia? polygamy? where does it start and end?
And away we go over the cliff of absurdity. The government should butt the fuck out of personal lives. Period. They don't need to sanction relationships. The only reason they do is for fees & taxes.
If someone wants to do disgusting shit in the privacy of their own home what business is it of anyone elses, especially the damn government?
I guess he's trying to "fire up the base".

I don't get it.

Immoral and Sexual deviancy has brought down many society's all though out history.

Which ones? I keep hearing people make those claims yet when we look at the 'fall' of societies- I can't think of any that did.

The Ottoman Empire? Nope- that was losing World War 1 and rise of secular forces.
The Aztec Empire? Nope- that was caused by the Spanish and the collusion of the Aztec's conquered neighbors.
The Incan Empire? Nope- see above.

The reality is that the United States is the most powerful country in the world- and we have what ancient Jews would consider an immoral society.

The societies that are the least tolerant of 'immoral and sexual deviancy'? Well that would be the repressed of Muslim societies- Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Which do you choose as the most 'moral path'? The United States or Saudi Arabia?

We are tolerant and have always been tolerant. We have never killed gays in this country like the Muslim societies.

The Ottoman Empire killed Armenian Christians because of the rise of Islam and they were seen as a threat.
Aztec's over used their resources as well as the Inca's.

Have you read The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon?
Life became cheap in the latter days of the Roman Empire. Burdensome regulation and taxes made manufacturing and trade unprofitable. Families were locked into hereditary trades and vocations allowing little if any vocational choice. Eventually, children were seen as a needless burden and abortion and infanticide became commonplace. In some cases, children were sold into slavery.

Manners and social life fell into debauchery. Under Justinian, entertainment grew bawdier and more bizarre. Orgies and love feasts were common. Homosexuality and bestiality were openly practiced. Under Nero, Christians were blamed for the great fire in Rome and horribly persecuted.

Similar patterns can be found in other civilizations. In Greece, the music of the young people became wild and coarse. Popular entertainment was brutal and vulgar. Promiscuity, homosexuality, and drunkenness became a daily part of life. And all moral and social restraints were lost leading to greater decadence.

In Carthage, worship turned from Baal to the earth goddess Tanit. "Sacrifices to the goddess of fertility were supposed to ensure productivity, long life, and even greater profits."Ornately carved funeral monuments depicting infant sacrifice can be seen today along with thousands of tiny stone coffins to infants sacrificed to the pagan goddess.

The parallels to our own nation are striking. No, we don't sacrifice infants to a pagan goddess, but we have aborted over 57 million babies on the altar of convenience. And various sexual practices are openly accepted as part of an alternative lifestyle.

It starts out small and continues until the society falls.
First it became acceptable to have sex out or wedlock
Then it became acceptable for couples to move in together without marriage and have children out of wedlock.
Our children are being exposed to violent video games and sex on TV
From acceptance of homosexuality it moves on to, polygamy, to sex with animals and on and on down the line.

It is a combination of all not just sex or homosexuality that leads to the society's downfall.
The Roman empire did NOT fall because of homosexuality. To suggest so it patently stupid. The Roman empire was toppled because of excessive conquest & the inability to defend all territories as the armies we're spread too thin. Political corruption also was a big factor.

ANYONE who twists those FACTS into an argument about sex in any fashion does not know shit about Roman history.

When did I say it was just sex and homosexuality?
I didn't
I said it is a combination of all.

Immoral and Sexual deviancy has brought down many society's all though out history.

Which ones? I keep hearing people make those claims yet when we look at the 'fall' of societies- I can't think of any that did.

The Ottoman Empire? Nope- that was losing World War 1 and rise of secular forces.
The Aztec Empire? Nope- that was caused by the Spanish and the collusion of the Aztec's conquered neighbors.

The reality is that the United States is the most powerful country in the world- and we have what ancient Jews would consider an immoral society.

The societies that are the least tolerant of 'immoral and sexual deviancy'? Well that would be the repressed of Muslim societies- Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Which do you choose as the most 'moral path'? The United States or Saudi Arabia?

We are tolerant and have always been tolerant. We have never killed gays in this country like the Muslim societies.

The Ottoman Empire killed Armenian Christians because of the rise of Islam and they were seen as a threat.

Life became cheap in the latter days of the Roman Empire. Burdensome regulation and taxes made manufacturing and trade unprofitable. Families were locked into hereditary trades and vocations allowing little if any vocational choice. Eventually, children were seen as a needless burden and abortion and infanticide became commonplace. In some cases, children were sold into slavery.

Manners and social life fell into debauchery. Under Justinian, entertainment grew bawdier and more bizarre. Orgies and love feasts were common. Homosexuality and bestiality were openly practiced. Under Nero, Christians were blamed for the great fire in Rome and horribly persecuted.

Similar patterns can be found in other civilizations. In Greece, the music of the young people became wild and coarse. Popular entertainment was brutal and vulgar. Promiscuity, homosexuality, and drunkenness became a daily part of life. And all moral and social restraints were lost leading to greater decadence.

In Carthage, worship turned from Baal to the earth goddess Tanit. "Sacrifices to the goddess of fertility were supposed to ensure productivity, long life, and even greater profits."Ornately carved funeral monuments depicting infant sacrifice can be seen today along with thousands of tiny stone coffins to infants sacrificed to the pagan goddess.

The parallels to our own nation are striking. No, we don't sacrifice infants to a pagan goddess, but we have aborted over 57 million babies on the altar of convenience. And various sexual practices are openly accepted as part of an alternative lifestyle.

Then it became acceptable for couples to move in together without marriage and have children out of wedlock.
From acceptance of homosexuality it moves on to, polygamy, to sex with animals and on and on down the line.

It is a combination of all not just sex or homosexuality that leads to the society's downfall.
The Roman empire did NOT fall because of homosexuality. To suggest so it patently stupid. The Roman empire was toppled because of excessive conquest & the inability to defend all territories as the armies we're spread too thin. Political corruption also was a big factor.

ANYONE who twists those FACTS into an argument about sex in any fashion does not know shit about Roman history.

I didn't
I didn't say you did. I was talking in general. And I hate to break it to you but homosexuality had NOTHING to do with the fall of the Roman Empire

I didn't
I didn't say you did. I was talking in general. And I hate to break it to you but homosexuality had NOTHING to do with the fall of the Roman Empire

I guess you did not read this part.

I didn't

It had little to nothing to do with either.

8 Reasons Why Rome Fell HISTORY Lists

I didn't

I read it. Most of it is completely irrelevant as it pertains to the fall of the Empire. I gave you the reason. Lewd sexual behavior was ALWAYS a part of Roman life & had absolutely nothing to do with the collapse.

It seems to me that you read a book who's author has a personal opinion that he promotes as fact and you just accept it.

the Roman empire fell for several reasons. One of them was moral and cultural decline. Others were spin offs of that anything-goes culture. They ate, drank, and screwed instead of managing the empire, paying its bills, outfitting its military, and repairing infrastructure--------------see any similarities to the USA today?

I didn't

I read it. Most of it is completely irrelevant as it pertains to the fall of the Empire. I gave you the reason. Lewd sexual behavior was ALWAYS a part of Roman life & had absolutely nothing to do with the collapse.

It seems to me that you read a book who's author has a personal opinion that he promotes as fact and you just accept it.

not true, in the early successful days of Rome there were very strict rules of conduct and social right and wrong. When they lost that, they lost it all.

We are following their example. We refuse to learn from history and are therefore doomed to repeat it.

I didn't

not true, in the early successful days of Rome there were very strict rules of conduct and social right and wrong. When they lost that, they lost it all.

We are following their example. We refuse to learn from history and are therefore doomed to repeat it.

Was that around the same time they adopted Christianity?

I didn't

Numbers
2. Economic troubles and overreliance on slave labor
4. Overexpansion and military overspending
5. Government corruption and political instability

All 3 of these have to do with the erosion of morals and principals in their society.
The cheeping of life and sex comes towards the end of it all and helps to finish it off.

I didn't

Duh, you do know who crucified Jesus don't you? Hint, not Christians.

the Roman empire fell for several reasons. One of them was moral and cultural decline. Others were spin offs of that anything-goes culture. They ate, drank, and screwed instead of managing the empire, paying its bills, outfitting its military, and repairing infrastructure--------------see any similarities to the USA today?
Nonsense

Rome conquered far too much territory as the empire grew. They could not defend their borders from the Goth or the Huns. Constant incursions took a heavy toll and Rome even tried to force submission onto those they conquered via Roman soldiers FUCK ING the women of the regions they conquered which further enraged their enemies. The Huns & the Goths finally finished off the Roman Empire and it had nothing to do with homosexuality. In fact one COULD suggest that the act of heterosexual relations between the soldiers & those they conquered had more to do with Romes fall than any gay crap.0

Duh, you do know who crucified Jesus don't you? Hint, not Christians.

Go on...

Nonsense

Rome conquered far too much territory as the empire grew. They could not defend their borders from the Goth or the Huns. Constant incursions took a heavy toll and Rome even tried to force submission onto those they conquered via Roman soldiers FUCK ING the women of the regions they conquered which further enraged their enemies. The Huns & the Goths finally finished off the Roman Empire and it had nothing to do with homosexuality. In fact one COULD suggest that the act of heterosexual relations between the soldiers & those they conquered had more to do with Romes fall than any gay crap.0

history disagrees with you, but you are free to believe whatever makes you feel good. The moral decline came at the same time as the overreach. Which was the cause and which the effect can be debated, but they both caused the downfall.

Nonsense

history disagrees with you, but you are free to believe whatever makes you feel good. The moral decline came at the same time as the overreach. Which was the cause and which the effect can be debated, but they both caused the downfall.

Specifically how did homosexuality cause the downfall of Rome?

I didn't

Numbers
2. Economic troubles and overreliance on slave labor
4. Overexpansion and military overspending
5. Government corruption and political instability

All 3 of these have to do with the erosion of morals and principals in their society.
The cheeping of life and sex comes towards the end of it all and helps to finish it off.

Which, again, reiterates that sex and homosexuality had nothing to do with the fall of Rome.

I didn't

No it happened before Christianity.
Pagan Rome history showed that its people had retained a somewhat strong degree of adherence to many basic moral values for much of its history, without which it could not have been a great empire, their gods themselves (mainly being forms of Greek deities) were immoral, and the Roman Empire followed the path of moral degeneration that would be its ruin. The moral deterioration of the Empire is seen to have attained its highest point in the dissolute age of the immoral Roman Emperors, almost all of which were active homosexuals, and who often claimed godhood themselves in order to legitimize their rule.

Nonsense

Specifically how did homosexuality cause the downfall of Rome?

I did not say that was the only cause.

Golly, another thoughtful and cogent opinion from the anti gay crowd. I'm shocked they haven't won more court cases.

Where does the 14th amendment say same sex marriage is an equal right?
It says deprive any person of life, liberty or property.
You are free to be gay in this country but it says nothing about marriage.

You are obsessing about an institution that has over a 60% failure rate. That abysmal longevity stat has little if nothing to do with homosexuals. It would serve you that think it is the "foundation" of our society to work a little harder on the actual causes of it's horrible record of success.

I'm more an "equal protection under the law" kindof a guy. There are some issues that the nation must agree on as a whole. I like having a valid drivers license anywhere I drive even if it is across a state line. When I was married it was a good thing my marriage license was valid also. I will attest though that the failure to remain married had nothing to do with the queers being married or not.

do you think being "queer" is a normal human condition? yes or no

Well, for me it would not be normal. I don't peep into the windows or listen at the bedroom doors of the queers so I don't know or care how they feel about their relationships. It's really none of my business.

Forum List

Back