tea party caucus requests 1 billion in earmarks

Bullcrap!
The TP came into existence in Jan or so of 2009.
Remember hos they got thei tea bagger nickname?
Send a tea bag to your congressperson.

You can use that cacus word if you want to try and evade truth, but was any candidate running for congress on the tea party ticket?
I did not see any on my ballot.

FYI....I dont recall seeing anyone running on the Black ticket.

But there is a Black caucus.

Go ahead...now spin that into me being a racist.

LOL, who PM'd you with that thought?

Blacks have existed for tens of thousands of years.

Is there a jewish Caucus?

Bullcrap!

You can use that cacus word if you want to try and evade truth, but was any candidate running for congress on the tea party ticket?

No one PMed me with that thought.
I will take that comment as you questioning my intelligence.
Thanks for that....good to know moving forward.

A caucus is for those with a common cause.

The Black politicians have (had) a cause.
The Tea Partyers have a cause.
The Jews did not have a cause as it pertains to politics.....but if they did, there would be reason for a Jewish Caucus.

Enough said.

The Jews did not have a cause as it pertains to politics.....but if they did, there would be reason for a Jewish Caucus.

Enough said.
Did they need a caucus or formal organization in order to live up to their stated principles?

Bullcrap!

This thread is about the article posted in the OP. Perhaps you should read it before commenting further.

From the first sentence:
Members of the Congressional Tea Party Caucus...

The topic is the actions of the members of the House of Representatives who are also members of the Tea Party Caucus, which was formed in July 2010 and has approximately 52 members.

Carry on.

Enough said.
Did they need a caucus or formal organization in order to live up to their stated principles?

So far they have.
None who is part of the cuacus has put in for an earmark since the caucus was developed.
Yes, many did beforehand....no one denied this....but since, no, none have.

The "no earmarks" is a platform they just all agreed to take recently.

TM simply took old actions and applied it to a new "mandate".

Based on her assumption....I guess anyone who did not use hands free before the law was passed is now guilty of breaking the law even if they have used the hands free since the law was passed....

Bachmann and 13 of her Tea Party Caucus colleagues did not request any earmarks in the last Fiscal Year, according to CAGW's annual Congressional Pig Book. But others have requested millions of dollars in special projects.

Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-Ala.), for one, attached his name to 69 earmarks in the last fiscal year, for a total of $78,263,000. The 41 earmarks Rep. Rodney Alexander (R-La.) requested were worth $65,395,000. Rep. Todd Tiahrt (R-Kan.) wanted $63,400,000 for 39 special projects, and Rep. Rob Bishop (R-Utah) wanted $93,980,000 set aside for 47 projects.

Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) takes the prize as the Tea Partier with his name on the most earmarks. Rehberg's office requested funding for 88 projects, either solely or by co-signing earmarks requests with Sens. Max Baucus (D) and Jon Tester (D), at a cost of $100,514,200. On his own, Rehberg requested 20 earmarks valued at more than $9.6 million.

More than one member can sign onto an earmark. Still, there are 29 caucus members who requested on their own or joined requests for more than $10 million in earmark funding, and seven who wanted more than $50 million in funding.

remember

Tea Party Caucus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

are 52 members of the Tea Party Caucus, all Republicans.[8]

1.Robert Aderholt (AL-4)
2.Todd Akin (MO-2)
3.Rodney Alexander (LA-5)
4.Michele Bachmann (MN-6)
5.Joe Barton (TX-6)
6.Roscoe Bartlett (MD-6)
7.Gus Bilirakis (FL-9)
8.Rob Bishop (UT-1)
9.Michael Burgess (TX-26)
10.Paul Broun (GA-10)
11.Dan Burton (IN-5)
12.John Carter (TX-31)
13.Howard Coble (NC-6)
14.Mike Coffman (CO-6)
15.Ander Crenshaw (FL-4)
16.John Culberson (TX-7)
17.John Fleming (LA-4)
18.Trent Franks (AZ-2)
19.Phil Gingrey (GA-11)
20.Louie Gohmert (TX-1)
21.Tom Graves (GA-9)
22.Ralph Hall (TX-4)
23.Gregg Harper (MS-3)
24.Wally Herger (CA-2)
25.Pete Hoekstra (MI-2)
26.Lynn Jenkins (KS-2)
27.Walter Jones (NC-3)
28.Steve King (IA-5)
29.Doug Lamborn (CO-5)
30.Blaine Luetkemeyer (MO-9)
31.Cynthia Lummis (WY-AL)
32.Kenny Marchant (TX-24)
33.Tom McClintock (CA-4)
34.Gary Miller (CA-42)
35.Jerry Moran (KS-1)
36.Sue Myrick (NC-9)
37.Randy Neugebauer (TX-19)
38.Mike Pence (IN-6)
39.Tom Price (GA-6)
40.Denny Rehberg (MT-AL)
41.Phil Roe (TN-1)
42.Ed Royce (CA-40)
43.Steve Scalise (LA-1)
44.Pete Sessions (TX-32)
45.John Shadegg (AZ-3)
46.Adrian M. Smith (NE-3)
47.Lamar Smith (TX-21)
48.Cliff Stearns (FL-6)
49.Todd Tiahrt (KS-4)
50.Zach Wamp (TN-3)
51.Lynn Westmoreland (GA-3)
52.Joe Wilson (SC-2)

Bachmann and 13 of her Tea Party Caucus colleagues did not request any earmarks in the last Fiscal Year, according to CAGW's annual Congressional Pig Book. But others have requested millions of dollars in special projects.

Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-Ala.), for one, attached his name to 69 earmarks in the last fiscal year, for a total of $78,263,000. The 41 earmarks Rep. Rodney Alexander (R-La.) requested were worth $65,395,000. Rep. Todd Tiahrt (R-Kan.) wanted $63,400,000 for 39 special projects, and Rep. Rob Bishop (R-Utah) wanted $93,980,000 set aside for 47 projects.

Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) takes the prize as the Tea Partier with his name on the most earmarks. Rehberg's office requested funding for 88 projects, either solely or by co-signing earmarks requests with Sens. Max Baucus (D) and Jon Tester (D), at a cost of $100,514,200. On his own, Rehberg requested 20 earmarks valued at more than $9.6 million.

More than one member can sign onto an earmark. Still, there are 29 caucus members who requested on their own or joined requests for more than $10 million in earmark funding, and seven who wanted more than $50 million in funding.

remember

ALL DONE BEFORE THEY COMMITTED TO NO LONGER PUTTING IN FOR EARMARKS

Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?

remember

ALL DONE BEFORE THEY COMMITTED TO NO LONGER PUTTING IN FOR EARMARKS

Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?

Wingnuts believe politicians when they make promises:cuckoo:

Enough said.

Yes they must have a figurehead or two telling them how to think.

I didn't even know they had their own forum. My bizzle. This is politics though. 110%.

I'm not going to hold them accountable really, just give them a giggle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why shoud it be moved there? These folks will be trying to influence our entire Federal Government, and such they are obviously liars, or at the very least hypocrites, it obviously equates to "politics"...

There's something missing here. How many of the $1B were actually awarded?

And when were these actually requested?

Forum List

Back